Trading For Saquon

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
User avatar
davieglove34
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:20 am

Trading For Saquon

Postby davieglove34 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:53 pm

-I'm currently 5-1 (about to be 6-1), and in 1st place in my league (2nd highest scoring team).

-Given my position in the standings, I am thinking about going all-in and trading for a bonafide stud to put me over the top:
-either DeAndre Hopkins/Michael Thomas (same owner) or Saquon Barkley.

-I've spoken to the Barkley owner and we discussed possibly trading him my next 2 years of 1st and 2nd round picks and one of my starting running backs for Saquon

-A. Is this fair value for Barkley, and if not, what do you think I am realistically looking at giving up to acquire him?

-B. Does making a trade like this make sense or should I trust my team is strong enough as is?
10-Team, .5 PPR Dynasty League.
1-QB / 2-RB / 2-WR / 1-TE / 2-FLEX / 1-D/ST / 1-K / 12-BN / 3-IR / 3-TAXI SQUAD


QB: Josh Allen / Matthew Stafford / Ben Roethlisberger / Phillip Rivers
RB: Le'Veon Bell / James Conner / Chris Carson / Mark Ingram / Boston Scott
WR: Odell Beckham Jr. / Amari Cooper / Mike Evans / Terry McLaurin / Sammy Watkins / Dede Westbrook / Preston Williams / Breshad Perriman / Josh Reynolds
TE: Noah Fant / Rob Gronkowski / Jack Doyle / Will Dissly
D/ST: Patriots / Steelers
K: Robbie Gould

Taxi:

Draft Picks:
2020: 1st (1.08) / 2nd (2.06)
2021: 2nd / 3rd
2022: 1st / 2nd / 3rd

User avatar
AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5852
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Re: Trading For Saquon

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:08 am

Honestly your RBs are good enough , I would try to either upgrade QB (I just don't like Allen) or TE , Your WR 3 is a tough call with Watkins that's always hurt and no Mahomes for 3+ weeks and Sanders that might be traded soon. Hopkins would be a nice add though if you can get him for a good price.
(TEAM 1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRY, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Goff
RB-L.Fournette, D.Cook, A.Ekeler, J.Jackson, A.Mattison
WR-M.Thomas, O.Beckham, D.Adams, DJ.Moore, T.Boyd, D.Parker, A.Brown, A.Jeffery
TE-D.Waller, E.Engram, I.Thomas

(TEAM 2) 12 Team, .5 PPR
QB-D.Prescott, B.Roethlisberger
RB-A.Kamara, J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, R.Penny, R.Anderson
WR-T.Hill, M.Evans, T.McLaurin, T.Boyd, S.Watkins, W.Fuller, A.Brown
TE-T.Higbee

(TEAM 3) 12 Team, .15 PPC, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-D.Watson, D.Carr
RB-J.Mixon, D.Cook, C.Carson, R.Penny, A.Mattison
WR-J.Smith-Schuster, K.Golladay, T.Boyd, S.Shepard, T.Williams, J.Gordon
TE-D.Waller, E.Engram

(TEAM 4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPC, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-D.Prescott, J.Allen
RB-J.Conner, M.Gordon, K.Drake, D.Henderson
WR-D.Adams, K.Golladay, D.Parker, B.Cooks, A.Lazard
TE-A.Hooper, T.Higbee


Teams 5-8 - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-11 - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151

User avatar
davieglove34
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:20 am

Re: Trading For Saquon

Postby davieglove34 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:40 am

AresGodOWar wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:08 am
Honestly your RBs are good enough , I would try to either upgrade QB (I just don't like Allen) or TE , Your WR 3 is a tough call with Watkins that's always hurt and no Mahomes for 3+ weeks and Sanders that might be traded soon. Hopkins would be a nice add though if you can get him for a good price.
Appreciate it. I elevated Terry McLaurin from my taxi squad for more WR depth, and praying Sanders gets moved to a New England or San Francisco where he could be more of a WR2, so hopefully my WRs should be a little deeper. I would ideally like to upgrade at QB (had Andrew Luck) or TE (had Gronk, then lost Dissly), but asking prices are extremely high for them and I just don't think it makes sense to pay the inflated price for a QB or TE. I'd like to upgrade at WR too, but I think the Saquon owner is more open to trading than the D-Hop/Thomas owner so just trying to figure out if it strengthening a strength at RB would work instead
10-Team, .5 PPR Dynasty League.
1-QB / 2-RB / 2-WR / 1-TE / 2-FLEX / 1-D/ST / 1-K / 12-BN / 3-IR / 3-TAXI SQUAD


QB: Josh Allen / Matthew Stafford / Ben Roethlisberger / Phillip Rivers
RB: Le'Veon Bell / James Conner / Chris Carson / Mark Ingram / Boston Scott
WR: Odell Beckham Jr. / Amari Cooper / Mike Evans / Terry McLaurin / Sammy Watkins / Dede Westbrook / Preston Williams / Breshad Perriman / Josh Reynolds
TE: Noah Fant / Rob Gronkowski / Jack Doyle / Will Dissly
D/ST: Patriots / Steelers
K: Robbie Gould

Taxi:

Draft Picks:
2020: 1st (1.08) / 2nd (2.06)
2021: 2nd / 3rd
2022: 1st / 2nd / 3rd

User avatar
AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5852
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Re: Trading For Saquon

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:52 am

davieglove34 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:40 am
AresGodOWar wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:08 am
Honestly your RBs are good enough , I would try to either upgrade QB (I just don't like Allen) or TE , Your WR 3 is a tough call with Watkins that's always hurt and no Mahomes for 3+ weeks and Sanders that might be traded soon. Hopkins would be a nice add though if you can get him for a good price.
Appreciate it. I elevated Terry McLaurin from my taxi squad for more WR depth, and praying Sanders gets moved to a New England or San Francisco where he could be more of a WR2, so hopefully my WRs should be a little deeper. I would ideally like to upgrade at QB (had Andrew Luck) or TE (had Gronk, then lost Dissly), but asking prices are extremely high for them and I just don't think it makes sense to pay the inflated price for a QB or TE. I'd like to upgrade at WR too, but I think the Saquon owner is more open to trading than the D-Hop/Thomas owner so just trying to figure out if it strengthening a strength at RB would work instead
I guess you're right I just noticed you can start 4 RBs , 2 WRs if you wanted so you dont need a WR , I guess if you can get Barkley you cant pass on him
(TEAM 1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRY, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Goff
RB-L.Fournette, D.Cook, A.Ekeler, J.Jackson, A.Mattison
WR-M.Thomas, O.Beckham, D.Adams, DJ.Moore, T.Boyd, D.Parker, A.Brown, A.Jeffery
TE-D.Waller, E.Engram, I.Thomas

(TEAM 2) 12 Team, .5 PPR
QB-D.Prescott, B.Roethlisberger
RB-A.Kamara, J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, R.Penny, R.Anderson
WR-T.Hill, M.Evans, T.McLaurin, T.Boyd, S.Watkins, W.Fuller, A.Brown
TE-T.Higbee

(TEAM 3) 12 Team, .15 PPC, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-D.Watson, D.Carr
RB-J.Mixon, D.Cook, C.Carson, R.Penny, A.Mattison
WR-J.Smith-Schuster, K.Golladay, T.Boyd, S.Shepard, T.Williams, J.Gordon
TE-D.Waller, E.Engram

(TEAM 4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPC, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-D.Prescott, J.Allen
RB-J.Conner, M.Gordon, K.Drake, D.Henderson
WR-D.Adams, K.Golladay, D.Parker, B.Cooks, A.Lazard
TE-A.Hooper, T.Higbee


Teams 5-8 - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-11 - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151

User avatar
davieglove34
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:20 am

Re: Trading For Saquon

Postby davieglove34 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:57 am

AresGodOWar wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:52 am
davieglove34 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:40 am
AresGodOWar wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:08 am
Honestly your RBs are good enough , I would try to either upgrade QB (I just don't like Allen) or TE , Your WR 3 is a tough call with Watkins that's always hurt and no Mahomes for 3+ weeks and Sanders that might be traded soon. Hopkins would be a nice add though if you can get him for a good price.
Appreciate it. I elevated Terry McLaurin from my taxi squad for more WR depth, and praying Sanders gets moved to a New England or San Francisco where he could be more of a WR2, so hopefully my WRs should be a little deeper. I would ideally like to upgrade at QB (had Andrew Luck) or TE (had Gronk, then lost Dissly), but asking prices are extremely high for them and I just don't think it makes sense to pay the inflated price for a QB or TE. I'd like to upgrade at WR too, but I think the Saquon owner is more open to trading than the D-Hop/Thomas owner so just trying to figure out if it strengthening a strength at RB would work instead
I guess you're right I just noticed you can start 4 RBs , 2 WRs if you wanted so you dont need a WR , I guess if you can get Barkley you cant pass on him
What do you think his price-tag is? Just posted it to the forum to see what people think.
10-Team, .5 PPR Dynasty League.
1-QB / 2-RB / 2-WR / 1-TE / 2-FLEX / 1-D/ST / 1-K / 12-BN / 3-IR / 3-TAXI SQUAD


QB: Josh Allen / Matthew Stafford / Ben Roethlisberger / Phillip Rivers
RB: Le'Veon Bell / James Conner / Chris Carson / Mark Ingram / Boston Scott
WR: Odell Beckham Jr. / Amari Cooper / Mike Evans / Terry McLaurin / Sammy Watkins / Dede Westbrook / Preston Williams / Breshad Perriman / Josh Reynolds
TE: Noah Fant / Rob Gronkowski / Jack Doyle / Will Dissly
D/ST: Patriots / Steelers
K: Robbie Gould

Taxi:

Draft Picks:
2020: 1st (1.08) / 2nd (2.06)
2021: 2nd / 3rd
2022: 1st / 2nd / 3rd

User avatar
AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5852
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Re: Trading For Saquon

Postby AresGodOWar » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:45 am

davieglove34 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:57 am
AresGodOWar wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:52 am
davieglove34 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:40 am


Appreciate it. I elevated Terry McLaurin from my taxi squad for more WR depth, and praying Sanders gets moved to a New England or San Francisco where he could be more of a WR2, so hopefully my WRs should be a little deeper. I would ideally like to upgrade at QB (had Andrew Luck) or TE (had Gronk, then lost Dissly), but asking prices are extremely high for them and I just don't think it makes sense to pay the inflated price for a QB or TE. I'd like to upgrade at WR too, but I think the Saquon owner is more open to trading than the D-Hop/Thomas owner so just trying to figure out if it strengthening a strength at RB would work instead
I guess you're right I just noticed you can start 4 RBs , 2 WRs if you wanted so you dont need a WR , I guess if you can get Barkley you cant pass on him
What do you think his price-tag is? Just posted it to the forum to see what people think.
I offered 2 early 1sts , 1 mid-late 1st , 2 early 2nds and was denied , Maybe you can get lucky and get him for 3 1sts
(TEAM 1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRY, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Goff
RB-L.Fournette, D.Cook, A.Ekeler, J.Jackson, A.Mattison
WR-M.Thomas, O.Beckham, D.Adams, DJ.Moore, T.Boyd, D.Parker, A.Brown, A.Jeffery
TE-D.Waller, E.Engram, I.Thomas

(TEAM 2) 12 Team, .5 PPR
QB-D.Prescott, B.Roethlisberger
RB-A.Kamara, J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, R.Penny, R.Anderson
WR-T.Hill, M.Evans, T.McLaurin, T.Boyd, S.Watkins, W.Fuller, A.Brown
TE-T.Higbee

(TEAM 3) 12 Team, .15 PPC, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-D.Watson, D.Carr
RB-J.Mixon, D.Cook, C.Carson, R.Penny, A.Mattison
WR-J.Smith-Schuster, K.Golladay, T.Boyd, S.Shepard, T.Williams, J.Gordon
TE-D.Waller, E.Engram

(TEAM 4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPC, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-D.Prescott, J.Allen
RB-J.Conner, M.Gordon, K.Drake, D.Henderson
WR-D.Adams, K.Golladay, D.Parker, B.Cooks, A.Lazard
TE-A.Hooper, T.Higbee


Teams 5-8 - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-11 - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151

jenkins.math
Captain
Captain
Posts: 961
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:56 am

Re: Trading For Saquon

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:54 am

If you think you can get Saquon for 2 late firsts and 2 late 2nds plus one of your RBs that is as cheap as I've ever seen for Barkley. So if the Barkley owner is considering that, you need to push hard to finish the deal.

As a Barkley owner, I would laugh at that offer and wouldnt even counter.
14 team dynasty, 25 man roster, keep 14, .5 PPR
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, D/ST, K, DL, LB, DE
QB: Ryan, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, Kerryon Johnson, Gus Edwards, Pollard, Brian Hill
WR: OBJ, Mike Evans, Juju, Cooks, Corey Davis, Dede Westbrook, Fitz
TE: Njoku, Jonnu
K: Slye
D/ST: Titans, Eagles
DL: Heyward
LB: Littleton
DB: Bell

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3732
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Trading For Saquon

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:47 am

That is a very cheap price and one I would easily do for Saquon, no chance I'm trading Saquon for that though. He's the #1 overall asset, even over CMC still.

User avatar
Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 22030
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:17 am

Re: Trading For Saquon

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:04 am

If you can get Barkley for that price, I would not hesitate to get him. Since the owner said one of your starting backs, I would start with Ingram + the picks and see where that gets you. That would be a great price!

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4082
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Trading For Saquon

Postby Big Al » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:15 am

Gator Sens wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:04 am
If you can get Barkley for that price, I would not hesitate to get him. Since the owner said one of your starting backs, I would start with Ingram + the picks and see where that gets you. That would be a great price!
Agreed, Ingram and the picks would be a great offer to start with.
Faith: That which is believed on any subject, whether in science, politics, or religion
Theory: A doctrine, or scheme of things, which terminates in speculation or contemplation, without a view to practice; hypothesis; speculation.

User avatar
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 27730
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:21 am

Re: Trading For Saquon

Postby Goddard » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:21 am

Two late 1sts and Ingram isn't going to get it done. I'd gladly pay the two 1sts and any one of Bell/Carson/Conner (in that order) if it gets accepted.

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3732
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Trading For Saquon

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:31 am

Seriously, any of those RBs plus 2 1's over 2 years is already a huge steal for Barkley, don't get cute and lose the deal altogether because you're trying to nickel and dime him. Just offer him all 4 options and let him choose which one he wants, you win no matter what.

User avatar
FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6021
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 10:23 am

Re: Trading For Saquon

Postby FantasyFoosball » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:49 am

That's cheap for Barkley, do it quick.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018 - Champions!
2019 - Champions!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, Carson, Guice, Mostert, Harris
WR - MT, Hopkins, Godwin, Woods, Miller
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K -
DL - Buckner, Heyward, Armstead
LB - Leonard, Milano
DB - Johnson III

2021 - 1st, 1st, 2nd
2022 - 1st, 2nd
2023 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Mayfield, Carr, Fromm, Keenum
RB - Murray, AP, Lewis, DeeJay Dallas, Snell Jr, Royce Freeman
WR - MT, Reagor, Jeffery, Jackson, Beasley, Reynolds, Perriman, Harmon, G. Davis
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Graham, Fells, Dwelley

2021 - 1st, 3rd, 4th


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests