Value of Carr and Rudolph?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
nwtraining
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Value of Carr and Rudolph?

Postby nwtraining » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:37 pm

My team is garbage, and I need to reload. Been getting a few offers for Rudolph and Carr but I feel like they are all pretty awful - like RB3 or worse. What are these types of QBs worth? Neither has a garuanteed job next year?
Team 1: 12 team SF/TE premium

QB: Allen, Burrow, Mac Jones,Mariota
RB: Mixon, M. Sanders, Singletary, Guice, Antonio Gibson, Darrell Williams, Alex Collins, T. Homer, Barber, McNicholas, Snell
WR: Sutton, McClaurin, Golladay, AJ Brown, Chase, Gallup, P Campbell, Thielen, AB
TE: Fant, Engram, Oliver, Sample

Team 2: 12 team SF/TE premium

QB: Lamar, Stafford, Garappolo, Tyrod, Mills, Mond, Love, Mariota, Huntley
RB: Mixon, Edmonds, Javonte Williams, Damien Harris, Booker, McKissic, D. Freeman, Brown, Dallas, Foreman, R. Freeman
WR: Adams, Cooper, McClaurin, Godwin, Patrick
TE: Kelce, Knox, Howard, Bates, Gransen

Team 3: 12 team SF/TE premium

QB: Burrow, Herbert, Watson, Wilson
RB: Dobbins and a bunch of nobodies
WR: Chase, Jefferson, Hopkins, Mooney, Corey Davis
TE: Hockenson

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Value of Carr and Rudolph?

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:26 pm

how many teams and roster spots? Rudolph has not flashed, his coaches don't trust him and he's likely out of a job next year, I would guess I'd take any 2nd for him

Carr is semi-established but boring so he's not going to hold much value on the trade market. Maybe he loses his job for a year but should at least be a journeyman, I'd hold where I can, barring a 1st being involved and likely more

nwtraining
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby nwtraining » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:56 am

Sorry I know I should have been more specific. Thanks for your reply.

12 team TE premium SF league with 27 man rosters. New to superflex and really struggling to get a grasp of QB value.

I was thinking Rudolph would be more like a 1st. I know he hasn’t really popped yet but I think the team likes him more than you are saying. They gave up their 1st rd pick as proof. Now I know some might say that’s because they think Ben will be back. But there is absolutely no garuantee that he will, or if he does that he’ll be Ben of old. I passed up an offer of diontae Johnson and 2nd on a friends advice. Now I’m thinking that might have been unwise.

RB: Mixon, M. Sanders, Singletary, Guice, Antonio Gibson, Darrell Williams, Alex Collins, T. Homer, Barber, McNicholas, Snell
WR: Sutton, McClaurin, Golladay, AJ Brown, Chase, Gallup, P Campbell, Thielen, AB

RB: Mixon, Edmonds, Javonte Williams, Damien Harris, Booker, McKissic, D. Freeman, Brown, Dallas, Foreman, R. Freeman

tominansky
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tominansky » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:31 pm

I'm in a similar boat. New to SF so QB value is a big question mark for a lot of our league. Also a Rudolph owner but I've been trying to deal him wherever possible for a 2020 1st since I'm not competing this year. I'd either take that 2020 2nd offer or hope for a big game (tonight vs Miami?) before trying to sell for a 1st. He hasn't been terrible but they haven't really opened up the playbook it appears.
Team 1:
12 team, 0.5ppr, 28 roster, SF, 1pt for 1st downs
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/SF/D

QB: Lamar, Geno, Huntley, Flacco, DTR
RB: Walker, Aaron Jones, Ford, Patterson, Spiller
WR: Aiyuk, DK, Puka, Doubs, Dotson, Renfrow, D. Douglas
TE: Kincaid, Thomas

2024: 2.11, 3.07, 3.09, 4.07
2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
2026: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2:
12 team, 0.5ppr, 23 roster, SF
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/SF

QB: Dak, Lawrence, AOC, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Ekeler, Kamara, A. Jones, Spears, Miller
WR: Tyreek, AJB, Allen, DK, Ridley, Palmer, Bourne, D. Robinson, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, Turner

2025 2nd, 2x 3rd
2026 1st, 2x 2nd, 2x 3rd

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:52 am

IMO, the secret in SF is stocking good QB's, so speculative adds like Rudolph are very valuable holds - and should only be sold for premium assets (1sts or potentially early 2nds). The strategy is two-fold (as QB is far and away the most important position in generating the highest and most consistent points on a weekly basis): (1) you have better QB depth/options than your competition, and (2) stocking QB's keeps them off your competition's roster. Eventually, someone will be forced to overpay for your depth - so don't give it away even in a rebuild situation. I've always found it difficult to truly rebuild in SF (if you have lots of middling QB's on your roster) b/c you don't want to just donate viable QB's for random 2nd and 3rd round picks, this is a bad strategy IMO. Sorry for the babbling, to answer your Q, I would value both Carr and Rudolph as late 1sts in SF, and might take a 2nd + young upside RB/WR prospect. I didn't think Rudolph did himself any favors last night but he's probably the guy for at least one year if Ben retires.

nwtraining
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby nwtraining » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:04 pm

Dibbles wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:52 am IMO, the secret in SF is stocking good QB's, so speculative adds like Rudolph are very valuable holds - and should only be sold for premium assets (1sts or potentially early 2nds). The strategy is two-fold (as QB is far and away the most important position in generating the highest and most consistent points on a weekly basis): (1) you have better QB depth/options than your competition, and (2) stocking QB's keeps them off your competition's roster. Eventually, someone will be forced to overpay for your depth - so don't give it away even in a rebuild situation. I've always found it difficult to truly rebuild in SF (if you have lots of middling QB's on your roster) b/c you don't want to just donate viable QB's for random 2nd and 3rd round picks, this is a bad strategy IMO. Sorry for the babbling, to answer your Q, I would value both Carr and Rudolph as late 1sts in SF, and might take a 2nd + young upside RB/WR prospect. I didn't think Rudolph did himself any favors last night but he's probably the guy for at least one year if Ben retires.
Thanks Dibbles! This is exactly what I needed to hear.

I agree Rudolph didn’t look very good last night. Maybe should have taken that earlier offer, but I think I could get something like that down the road for him if needed.