Rams: Ramsey in/Peters out

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Rams: Ramsey in/Peters out

Postby AussieMate » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:51 pm

So more importantly, rnds 15 and 16, which wrs does this hurt?

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Whit is retiring, brokers is outta there, talib is at the end of the road, Fowler isn't playing up to his contract and won't be back if he keeps going the same way.

And unfortunately no pocket qb can function without help from the oline. The rams have to give Goff an oline that can give him time to operate. Of course we would all love our team to give the qb 5 seconds to make a throw like Brady has had his whole career but it seems only he has that luxury. Goff will be fine if the oline can give him time to at least plant his feet to make a throw.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:56 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:57 pm They are slated to have only $22m in cap space next year, and 4 of their free agents currently have an AAV of 9.5m or higher (Talib, Brockers, Whitworth, Fowler) - and that's not even factoring in guys like Littleton & Zuerlein who are dirt cheap while due for a raise. They still need to pay Ramsey, they still need to pay Kupp - and I'm sure there are some others I'm overlooking.
At this point there is almost no chance they are able to re-sign Kupp after 2020, right?

I guess some guys could restructure to extend this cap disaster even longer, but by the time they gave him a big contract they'd basically be within a few dollars of the salary cap with just like 6 guys, none of whom are cuttable between now and then.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:03 pm

I think Ramsey at his best is worth two first round picks. The value is there, but the timing isn't. Rams salary cap is screwed with Goff, Donald, Gurley, Cooks, Ramsey (inevitable extension) making big money. They have bigger issues than a lockdown corner. Their offensive line completely fell apart.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:40 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:00 pm 1 - fowler jumping offside on the whiners second drive on 3rd and 8. jimmy g couldn't convert but the penalty gave the whiners a second chance and they ended up scoring a td. so instead of getting the ball back at 7-0 the rams found themselves 7-7.

2 - littleton dropped a gift wrapped pick 6 from jimmy g just before the half. the ball hit him in the chest with nobody touching him. so instead of going into the sheds at 14-7 the score remained 7-7.

3 - henderson drops a pitch on the first play of the 2nd half. the whiners get the ball inside the 10 and score a td. the rams find themselves in a 7-14 hole and the oline doesn't let the offense do anything.

that's like a 21 point turnaround on 3 rams unforced errors. all these errors allowed the whiners to play their game. the rams should have been forcing them to play catch up and put some pressure in jimmy g.
and if my auntie had bollocks... :wink:

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:27 am

Sorry to all the Rams fans and Ramsey fanboys but Ramsey is not the savior of that team. Rams are on their way to being a dumpster fire and Ramsey is a half empty fire extinguisher, not enough 🤣. Rams not making the playoffs this year.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:36 am

I think that the Rams could conceivably win 4 or 5 of the next 5 games putting them at 8-4 or 9-3 going into Week 14. Even going 3-2 would put them at 7-5 and in position for a WC at least

Bengals in London
at Pittsburgh
home vs. Bears
home vs. Ravens
at Arizona

Their season is likely to come down to the stretch of 14-16

home vs. Seattle
at Dallas
at SF
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:04 pm

It seems to me that we should treat first time NFL coaches much like rookies.

What I mean by that is

(a) Coaches need to develop their skills just like rookies & especially at the HC position

(b) just like rookies a quick start to a career can mask deficiences that may take time to address

(c) Sometimes situation can mask issues

Maybe McVay has benefited just as much from the personnel he has to coach, as they have - and he needs to improve his coaching / play calling. I'm not 100% certain but I think Sean Payton went through the same thing. And the NFL has a history littered of Coaches who were even better the 2nd time around (like Belichick, Carroll, Coughlin, Dungy).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:46 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:56 pm
Phaded wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:57 pm They are slated to have only $22m in cap space next year, and 4 of their free agents currently have an AAV of 9.5m or higher (Talib, Brockers, Whitworth, Fowler) - and that's not even factoring in guys like Littleton & Zuerlein who are dirt cheap while due for a raise. They still need to pay Ramsey, they still need to pay Kupp - and I'm sure there are some others I'm overlooking.
At this point there is almost no chance they are able to re-sign Kupp after 2020, right?

I guess some guys could restructure to extend this cap disaster even longer, but by the time they gave him a big contract they'd basically be within a few dollars of the salary cap with just like 6 guys, none of whom are cuttable between now and then.
Kupp is Goff's favorite target. They will dump a number of veterans before they forego signing Kupp. I can't say who is gonna be going, but I'm fairly Konfident Kupp will be staying.