GOAT
GOAT

Re: Hunter Henry. What did we see?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:26 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:51 pm
Phaded wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:44 pm
I found It interesting that through 44 attempts, KA only got 6 targets. The Chargers weren't running the ball and were also abusing a weak/inexperienced linebacker core.

He looked good, but I would expect this performance to be closer to anamoly than norm.
I read that PIT likes to focus on stopping the slot WRs, so KA got extra attention last night.
In that game, yeah - normally they're absolute garbage against shifty slot guys.
TEAM A - 12 teams (2018 champ, 2017 R/U)
BREES, Jimmy G, Rivers, Haskins, Dalton, Keenum
COOK/JACOBS/GURLEY, Shady, Gio, Gallman, Ollison, D Washington, M Davis, Laird, Scarlett, Ware, Rodney A
NUK/HILL/EVANS/GOLLADAY/K ALLEN, Edelman, Alshon, Sammy, P Campbell, Wims, Dez, Hardy
KITTLE, Waller, Herndon, Sternberger, J Graham, Eifert
-
Not listing my IDP, but they matter as much as offense in this league
///
///
TEAM B - 32 teams, double copy - TEs get slight bump in scoring (1st year league, tanking this year to build through 2020 draft)
DARNOLD, Carr, Rosen, Eli, Tyrod
SAQUON/MIXON, Hines, Gallman, L Miller, J Williams
NUK/EVANS/OBJ/K ALLEN/HOLLYWOOD, Coutee, Latimer
KITTLE/NJOKU, Ian Thomas, James O
-
Danielle Hunter and then a bunch of stashes for IDP

Jigga94
Legend
Legend

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Ryantacular wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:33 pm
As long as he doesn't turn into the next Eifert.
Shhhhh
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck (IR)
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, Mostert, J. Jackson, Snell, Gus
WR: Tyreek, Julio, D.J. Moore, Cooks, Hollywood, C. Davis, MVS, Parris, Dorsett, Preston (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4 (NH)

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Foles, Minshew, Cam (IR)
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Samuels, J. Jackson
WR: D.J. Moore, Mike Will, Hollywood, Deebo, C. Davis, MVS, Diontae, Lazard, AB, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Jonnu, Gesicki
2020: 1.07-10, 2.02, 2.05
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:38 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:26 pm
Ryantacular wrote:
Shhhhh
That is the obvious fear with Henry. The talent & opportunity are there. I keep mining for solid TE depth where I have him.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Ryantacular wrote:
Shhhhh
The fear is there. I’d love Henry as my backup TE but I’d be afraid if he was my only choice. I personally try to stay away from regularly injured players and Henry is one of those guys. Obviously he is a great talent and Injuries can’t be predicted but there’s nothing worse than relying on a guy who has a history only to have it derail your season.

Then again if you’re relying on Henry you’re probably not going to be in that position.
9-4 - 1st SEED|DYNASTY TEAM 1 - 10 team 1ppr 30 man roster | 2017 League Champ
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLEX - 1.01/1.02/2.01/3/4/4/5
QB: Brady - Carr - Fitzpatrick
RB: Barkley - CMC - Mixon - Samuels - Ware - Bo - Ito - Guice(IR)
WR: Nuk - Adams - TY - DJ - Hollywood - Campbell - Pascal - JJAW - Miller - Hurd - Gage
TE: Engram - Akins - Josh Hill - Kaden Smith - Stern - Hock(IR)

4-9 - 9/10|DYNASTY TEAM 2 - 10 Team 1ppr |2019 Orphan
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX - 2 2020 1sts
QB: Wentz - Brees - Dalton
RB: Cook - Singletary - Duke - Hill - Ito - Riddick - Smallwood - Walton - Wilkins
WR/TE: JuJu - Hill - Samuels - MVS - Kirk - PWill - Enunwa - Lee - Trent Taylor - DT - Sharpe - P Cooper
TE: Olsen - Lacosse - Jonnu

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:47 pm

Slackalacker wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:55 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Ryantacular wrote:
Shhhhh
The fear is there. I’d love Henry as my backup TE but I’d be afraid if he was my only choice. I personally try to stay away from regularly injured players and Henry is one of those guys. Obviously he is a great talent and Injuries can’t be predicted but there’s nothing worse than relying on a guy who has a history only to have it derail your season.

Then again if you’re relying on Henry you’re probably not going to be in that position.
I dont think it's fair at all. Henry has zero I jury history outside these last 2 freak ones. The knee one was not really that bad. Just the timing was god awful right before the season. His rehab was entirely during the season. This last one was also super flukey

Eifert had some pretty catastrophic knee and issues on top of existing injuries also I believe there was some neck problems which are very scary.

Henry's injuries are really best case barring no injuries of course. They just delivered maximum blow to fantasy owners because of them they happened.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Winston(TB)Finely(DEN)
RB - TGurley(LAR)DJohnson(ARI)NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)
WR - ODB(NYG)AJ Green(CIN)ACooper (DAL)CDavis(TEN)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Badgley(LAC)
Def - JAGS DET
[rookie] NHarry(NE)MBrown(BAL)Haskins(WAS)

1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2 - 2020's
Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players dont take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd year players that were drafted

bjd5211
MVP
MVP

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Eifert has had chronic and repeating injuries, he keeps having back issues and has had repeated knee injuries. Henry had a concussion, ruptured an internal organ, took a bad step and tore his ACL, and suffered a broken bone in his leg. If Henry were having constant issues with the same type of injury I would absolutely be concerned, but he's missed time with 4 completely unrelated and fluky injuries.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:43 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:55 pm
Eifert has had chronic and repeating injuries, he keeps having back issues and has had repeated knee injuries. Henry had a concussion, ruptured an internal organ, took a bad step and tore his ACL, and suffered a broken bone in his leg. If Henry were having constant issues with the same type of injury I would absolutely be concerned, but he's missed time with 4 completely unrelated and fluky injuries.
At a certain point, you have to start saying some people are just more prone to getting hurt playing this game than others. Football injuries happen. What makes his injuries more ""fluky" injuries than other players? He may not be like Eifert, but he has been injury prone for his NFL career. I liked HH a ton coming out of college, and still think he's a good player, but the injuries are piling up, and it take an effect on the guys body. I hope he still has a lengthy career, but I do have my doubts.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

bjd5211
MVP
MVP

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:43 pm
bjd5211 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:55 pm
At a certain point, you have to start saying some people are just more prone to getting hurt playing this game than others. Football injuries happen. What makes his injuries more ""fluky" injuries than other players? He may not be like Eifert, but he has been injury prone for his NFL career. I liked HH a ton coming out of college, and still think he's a good player, but the injuries are piling up, and it take an effect on the guys body. I hope he still has a lengthy career, but I do have my doubts.
The concussion and recent knee injury aren't, they're just something that happens in this game you're right. A lacerated kidney and tearing your ACL on a non-contact play when you have no previous history of issues with the knee are almost entirely bad luck though.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:26 pm

I saw what I've been waiting for. Absolutely not trading him.

I agree with those that think his injuries are more bad luck than anything.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Brees, Winston, Darnold
RB (3): David Johnson, N. Chubb, D. Guice, D. Henry, T. Coleman, C. Thompson
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, J. Smith-Schuster, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, D. Pettis, P. Williams
TE (2): H. Henry, O.J. Howard, I. Thomas

K (1): Wil Lutz

DB (1): Landon Collins
LB (1): Luke Kuechly
DL (1): JJ Watt

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

BigBawseRoss
Legend
Legend

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:57 am

hes no will dissly but hes pretty good.

im joking but people are a lil too hype hes a good player but many te will have similar production. i just cant see enough consistent volume for him but he could be a great TD guy with not tons of yards. KA Williams and great pass catching backs put a damper on any expectations of consistent production for me from HH. likely a 5-7 target guy and if he scores that day you are happy. 100 yard games will be very rare though and dont forget the Steelers are terrible vs TE and always have been. If you dont believe me go look at the steelers games vs gronk lol. dude had multiple multi td games vs them throughout his career. And speaking of dissly he scored 2 TD vs steelers himself this season haha. Kittle was leading reciever in the 9ers game. Andrews they actually contained but lamar played terrible that day. Point is that HH return came against a horribly soft TE defense so lets wait and see
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Rivers , Rosen, Fitzpatrick, Tyrod
Kamara, McCoy, D FreemanCohen, Bibbs, Clement,J. Allen, ty mont,Ito Smith
K Allen, Hopkins, M Williams, AROB Alshon,KeKe,MVS,T McLaurin
Ebron Graham, Njoku, Irv

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Trubitsky, Dak
Chubb,Mixon, D Henry,Coleman, D Harris, Armstead, Mostert
Hopkins, K Allen, M Evans, C Davis, Watkins, Arob, M Williams, Edleman, J Gordon, Hurd
Ertz, Everett, Fant

team 3
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/o ... =07&F=0008

team 4
https://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2019/ ... =07&F=0010

team 5
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2019/o ... =0008&O=07

team 6
http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2019/o ... =07&F=0004

team 7
https://www51.myfantasyleague.com/2019/ ... =07&F=0011

grandmabetty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:17 am

Well the offers have started coming in. Was offered Devin Bush and a 2021 1st in my IDP league. For those not familiar Bush is LB1 right now. I have a standard rule i don't trade offense for defense so as much as i like Bush I'm passing. I have Kelce so Henry serves as my backup and flex player right now which is a perfect scenario while we find out if Henry can put together a breakout season
ppr, 10 team, 6 pt all td, 40 man roster QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 Flex (r/w/t), K, IDP
Qb- Kyler Murray, Brees, Roethlisberger, Josh Allen, Cam Newton
RB- Melvin Gordon, Kamara, CMC, Mark Ingram, Gus Edwards, Mark Walton, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love
WR- Mike Evans, tyreek hill, Juju Smith-Schuster, robert woods,Tyler Boyd, Stills, Paris Campbell, Dionte Johnson, Duke Williams
TE- kelce, hunter henry, Greg Olsen Vance McDonald, Jace Sternberger
DT - Kenny Clark
DE - Demarcus Lawrence,
LB - Joe Schobert, Blake Martinez, Matt Malino, Danny Trevathan,
CB - NONE
S - Landon Collins, John Johnson III, Antoine Bethea

2020 1st rd (2)
2020 2nd rd (2)
2020 3rd (0)
2020 4th (1)
2020 5th (1)

mild
Starter
Starter

Postby mild » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:35 am

Gotta be happy with "what we're did-gum seeing" from old Hunter Henry today. Sure looks like a TE on the rise.

Even in an offense resembling a garbage ball burning in an abandoned ghetto skip, he's still getting looked at by Rivers - 8 targets today, 9 targets last week. I'm optimistic!

Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:13 am

mild wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:35 am
Gotta be happy with "what we're did-gum seeing" from old Hunter Henry today. Sure looks like a TE on the rise.

Even in an offense resembling a garbage ball burning in an abandoned ghetto skip, he's still getting looked at by Rivers - 8 targets today, 9 targets last week. I'm optimistic!
I'm with you. Glad I have waited on him and not sold when his value was low. He's in line for a nice stretch run to the fantasy playoffs.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
Legend
Legend

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:18 am

Pac_Eddy wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:13 am
mild wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:35 am

I'm with you. Glad I have waited on him and not sold when his value was low. He's in line for a nice stretch run to the fantasy playoffs.
100% happy I held on. Even happier Andrews has turned into a legitimate TE also.
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck (IR)
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, Mostert, J. Jackson, Snell, Gus
WR: Tyreek, Julio, D.J. Moore, Cooks, Hollywood, C. Davis, MVS, Parris, Dorsett, Preston (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4 (NH)

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Foles, Minshew, Cam (IR)
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Samuels, J. Jackson
WR: D.J. Moore, Mike Will, Hollywood, Deebo, C. Davis, MVS, Diontae, Lazard, AB, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Jonnu, Gesicki
2020: 1.07-10, 2.02, 2.05
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

grandmabetty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby grandmabetty » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:25 am

Yup he looks good. Already the #1 Red Zone option on the team and quickly becoming the 1B to Allen's 1A. Might even outpace Allen in targets from here on out.
ppr, 10 team, 6 pt all td, 40 man roster QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 Flex (r/w/t), K, IDP
Qb- Kyler Murray, Brees, Roethlisberger, Josh Allen, Cam Newton
RB- Melvin Gordon, Kamara, CMC, Mark Ingram, Gus Edwards, Mark Walton, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love
WR- Mike Evans, tyreek hill, Juju Smith-Schuster, robert woods,Tyler Boyd, Stills, Paris Campbell, Dionte Johnson, Duke Williams
TE- kelce, hunter henry, Greg Olsen Vance McDonald, Jace Sternberger
DT - Kenny Clark
DE - Demarcus Lawrence,
LB - Joe Schobert, Blake Martinez, Matt Malino, Danny Trevathan,
CB - NONE
S - Landon Collins, John Johnson III, Antoine Bethea

2020 1st rd (2)
2020 2nd rd (2)
2020 3rd (0)
2020 4th (1)
2020 5th (1)