Miami Running Backs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Miami Running Backs

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:52 am

Did anyone have a chance to watch the game? Coming into the week, I knew Mark Walton had jumped Ballage on the depth chart. But it looked like, from the play-by-play and box score, that Mark Walton got the start. He received something like the first 6 carries and 4 targets among RB's, and produced pretty well (6 rushes / 32 yards and 5 catches 43 yards).

But then it was the K. Drake show late in the game - he finished with 16 touches to Walton's 11. And even Ballage vultured the goalline rushing TD.

With Ballage looking like the worst RB in the NFL, and Drake seemingly always in the doghouse & perhaps on the trade block - I thought Walton might get an extended look over the 2nd half of the season for the tanking Dolphins. So how did Walton look and why did he seemingly get phased out of the game when he started it & was relatively productive with his touches?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Miami Running Backs

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:13 am

I know it's the Dolphins and all, but nobody watched the game?
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:18 am

I watched the last 5 seconds.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:30 am

Didn't watch, but there doesn't seem to be any fantasy value in Miami's RBs...or offense overall.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:33 am

Didn't watch either, but the numbers look impressive for the amount of touches he had. There's also not a ton of competition, so he's definitely worth adding if he's on waivers. Good be a decent bye week filler and his value could go up if he continues to produce and be a nice trade chip.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:34 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:30 am Didn't watch, but there doesn't seem to be any fantasy value in Miami's RBs...or offense overall.
No Preston Williams has value, but he's more of a long-term prospect. Their RBs though.... I'm out.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:11 pm

If you have the space Walton is worth a look. Drake and Ballage are nothing special, I’m not convinced Walton is but if he does well with his opportunities you can sell him off for a pick before everyone finds out he’s not the future either.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:20 pm

Situations can change quickly but I'm not buying any Fins rbs at the moment. I have only one share, a ballage share, and I'm just holding as I would be with either of the others. Holds.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:25 pm

All of Drake/Walton/Ballage are worth rostering if you have the space, and I'd prioritize them in that order. You're holding with future upside, rather than for this year. The Dolphins will have to address the O-line in the draft and free agency during the offseason (god I hope), and it seems probable that they'll run with what's left of their current RB corps in 2020.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:09 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:20 pm Situations can change quickly but I'm not buying any Fins rbs at the moment. I have only one share, a ballage share, and I'm just holding as I would be with either of the others. Holds.
Plus you have to consider that with so many picks and a wealth of cap space this offseason, most of the roster is expendable. Wouldn't be shocked if Miami offered Melvin Gordon a bunch of money.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:40 pm

Blueboy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:25 pm All of Drake/Walton/Ballage are worth rostering if you have the space, and I'd prioritize them in that order. You're holding with future upside, rather than for this year. The Dolphins will have to address the O-line in the draft and free agency during the offseason (god I hope), and it seems probable that they'll run with what's left of their current RB corps in 2020.
Alternately, their RBs can be easily replaced next year. In that scenario, their value IS this year. I'm in a few leagues where RB production is hard to get (trade or waivers), and I'm happy I scooped him up. If Drake gets traded and Ballage permanently sent to the dog house, Walton could find himself a bellcow back. On a bad tea, that would mean a healthy number of points of check downs.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:15 pm

What’s the latest with Mark “Hat Trick” Walton’s off field cases from this past off season. Is he in dangerous of missing real time? I’m not even sure Pac Man Jones had that many arrests in one offseason.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

metalmat
Starter
Starter

Postby metalmat » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:18 pm

Walton's a good player that has had a bunch of off the field issues. He is a fantastic stash, if he can keep it clean off the field he is going to have fantasy value. If he still happens to be on the WW go an get him ASAP.
14 Tm ppr (rebuilding)
QB Wentz, Carr, MacJ
RB Mixon, Ty'son, Gaskin, McKinnon, Coleman, David Johnson, Freeman, Darrel Williams, J.Patrick, Ahmed, Dobbins, Hasty
WR Hopkins, T.Patrick, E.Moore
TE Jarwin, Ertz, Knox, Tremble
Picks: 22 (1,1,1,2,2,3) 23 (1,1,1,2,2,3)

12 Tm .5 ppr
QB Stafford, Hurts, MacJ, KMond
RB Zeke, Fournette, White, Mostert, Coleman, Pollard, Dallas, Perine, B.Scott, Nwangwu, Hawkins
WR Amari, Tyreek, KA, Chark, Renfrow, Agholor, Patterson
TE Fant, Knox, Doyle, Allie-Cox

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr
QB Ryan, Winston, Mills, Minshew, Tua
RB Gordon, Carson, Harris, Hunt, Duke, D'Ernest, Dillon
WR Jefferson, Boyd, Ruggs, Davis, Parker, Hamler, Robby, Miller, E.Moore, Rodgers, Tre'Quan
TE Hooper, Conklin, Jarwin, Doyle, JuwanJ

14 Tm ppr
QB Stafford, Bridgewater, Fields
RB Hines, Harris, R.Jones, Murray, Freeman, J,Kelley, Hasty
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, J.Chase, Aiyuk, Hardman, Renfrow, Campbell, Eskridge, Tre'quan
TE Kittle, Freiermuth, Kroft

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:33 am

There was a rumor a few weeks ago that they were going to trade Drake. I wonder if there's still any truth to that.

I have Walton & Gaskin on several teams. I keep waiting for one of them to get the workload so I can trade away for picks. This waiting game is taking too long.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:56 am

Yeah, as a Walton owner it sure would be great if the Dolphins traded away Drake.

I still can't figure out the bizarre usage in last week's game for Walton - surprisingly got the start, then produced well with his early touches, then seemingly rode the bench in the 2nd half behind BOTH Ballage & Drake.

Guess nobody knows why.