3 Russell
thats mytop tier

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: QB1 in Dynasty?

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:22 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:39 am Image
Presumably this is a fantasy question. And I think Russ is behind Machines in that respect and probably around equal to Watson.

But if I had an NFL franchise, I'm taking Russ as my 1st pick. And it would be an easy choice.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:27 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:22 am
Lotto4Life wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:39 am Image
Presumably this is a fantasy question. And I think Russ is behind Machines in that respect and probably around equal to Watson.

But if I had an NFL franchise, I'm taking Russ as my 1st pick. And it would be an easy choice.
Ehhhhh Mahomes purely because rookie contracts for qbs are a cheat code

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:31 am

Can’t believe nobody’s mentioned Gardner Minshew II yet. Have you guys SEEN that mustache? It’s glorious.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:34 am

I think Wilson deserves a mention for sure. Mahomes is clearly 1A, but Watson and Wilson are neck and neck and I would take Wilson over Watson personally.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:11 am

M-Dub wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:31 am Can’t believe nobody’s mentioned Gardner Minshew II yet. Have you guys SEEN that mustache? It’s glorious.
I did mention it in a meme I created...but I see it's a broken link. I'll see if I can fix that.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:13 am

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:33 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:13 am Image
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:03 am

Ok people for most of you playing in 1QB leagues where quarterbacks don't matter very much in building a winning team it's still Mahomes, but some of you are right a lot of weeks you'll get similar production and even some bigger weeks from Watson, Wilson, and Lamar (no one is as consistent though even throwing to garbage WRs most of the season). In superflex it's not even close, not even a debate it's mahomes every time he's the #1 pick. Itd probably take 2 Wilson's for me to let go of mahomes. He's special, his worst game of his career playing injured was 300 yards and a touchdown. Guys special playing behind a poor offensive line, a group of poor WRs outside of Hill and Kelce, and a defense that only gives him the ball 20 minutes.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:40 am

I would say Mahomes is even more valuable in comparison to other QBs in 1QB leagues than he is in SF/2QB (where he is still undisputed #1). QB is undervalued in 1QB because there's typically a plethora of very similar options and they are rather interchangeable, but there is still no one on Mahomes level and he gives you a massive positional advantage similar to Gronk at his peak at TE. In a SF league you can make up some of that QB production to catch up to Mahomes by having a better #2 QB than the Mahomes owner and end up at about a wash in the QB matchup.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:31 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:40 am I would say Mahomes is even more valuable in comparison to other QBs in 1QB leagues than he is in SF/2QB (where he is still undisputed #1). QB is undervalued in 1QB because there's typically a plethora of very similar options and they are rather interchangeable, but there is still no one on Mahomes level and he gives you a massive positional advantage similar to Gronk at his peak at TE. In a SF league you can make up some of that QB production to catch up to Mahomes by having a better #2 QB than the Mahomes owner and end up at about a wash in the QB matchup.
Mahomes gave you a massive positional advantage last year, but anyone expecting that every year didn't do their homework on previous history of the top QB. If you go back and look at QB rankings at season's end there is typically 1 QB that stands above everyone else for that season. The issue is that nobody has repeated that feat. Peyton Manning had the huge year in Denver then back to the mean. Brady with Moss, then back to the mean. Cam Newton in his Super Bowl season, then....you guessed it back down.

The value that Mahomes had last year over every other QB has been seen before, but after 6 games, like every other overall QB1 before him that blew everyone out of the water he is back to the top pack of guys. For Mahomes to hold the value fantasy wise he was perceived to have last season he would literally have to have historically great seasons every year for the next decade. The chances of that weren't likely no matter how much I like him and that offense.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:35 am

No he's not going to average 50 TDs per season, or necessarily finish as the #1 QB in scoring every year. He is by far the best bet to do so every year however and is a lock to finish top 5 every year he's healthy, whereas the rest of the group of QBs rotates around. That's what puts him above all the other QBs.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:44 am

The things that have held him back the last couple weeks are he's dealing with an ankle injury, and maybe more significantly the Chiefs have lost time of possession at nearly a 40/20 split, the Chiefs only had the ball for like 5 minutes in the second half this week. The coaching staff and defense have to figure out a way to get off the field and get him the ball back. He's still on pace to easily finish at or near the very top of QB scoring on the year, and started off the season on pace to be even better than last year.

doublesticks
Role Player
Role Player

Postby doublesticks » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:48 am

Mahomes is not going to average 50 TDs obviously, but he also isn't going to be throwing to Pringle and Robinson as his starting WRs for much longer...Hill got eased into the rotation on Sunday and had 2 TDs, but that offense clicks when Hill and Watkins spread the field, Kelce feasts in the middle and that allows them to run the ball. Right now, they can't run the ball because the passing game is featuring guys that weren't on dynasty rosters on day 1 of the season and the OL is in shambles and possibly the biggest factor is that the superstar QB can't scramble on his bum ankle to keep plays alive.

It might actually be a good time to buy Mahomes...the defense sucks and they are going to be in shootouts down the stretch.

Here is my question, let's say you have 2 of these top 3 QBs in a start 1 QB league...do you sell off Mahomes to cash in the most value or do you ride him and sell the other, or do you just keep them and hope you start the right guy each week? Interested to hear others thoughts on this.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:59 am

No, I'm keeping Mahomes his entire career everywhere I own him. It's highly unlikely you'll get enough for him that will truly make it equal value for him. I play with a longer term outlook in mind than most people though.