Nominations - NFL Wally Pipp List

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Nominations - NFL Wally Pipp List

Postby pvillebiker » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:10 am

What NFL player is about to get, is actively getting, or has already gotten Wally Pipped, i.e. job or role loss due to great play by another player?

Make your nominations & case for players in any stage you like.

Pipp Stages
1. Pre-Pipp - Risk of getting on the Pipp track soon. "Dude, this titanic ship is unsinkable!"
2. Pipping - Currently being pipped. "Dude, it's just a flesh wound!"
3. Pipped - Already been pipped, but may not be official yet. "Dude, where's my job?!"

Here are a few of mine,

Cam Newton might be in the "pre-pipp" stage. Kyle Allen's stats aren't flashy, but he keeps winning. Gotta believe the Panther's decision makers like that a lot. And maybe a combo of Cam is closer to done and Allen is way better than most thought?

Nick Foles is in the "pipping" stage. The moustache man is actively taking his job away. Hasn't sealed it yet, but give him a few more weeks. The fumbles haven't helped, but seem correctable.

Mike Evans as the Bucs clear WR1 is in the "pipping" stage. Godwin seems to be at least ascending to co-WR1 status. Doesn't mean Evans isn't a WR1 anymore, just not the WR1 in Tampa.

Who's on your Wally Pipp List?

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Nominations - NFL Wally Pipp List

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Guys...... Damien Williams is the winner. He had a touchdown today, but only two touches total.

Remember how hyped up he was? He lost his job due to injury. He's been pipped. It's over.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:32 pm

Gurley getting Pipped as we speak by Henderson, who has averaged 13 yards per carry in 1st half.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:18 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:11 pm Guys...... Damien Williams is the winner. He had a touchdown today, but only two touches total.

Remember how hyped up he was? He lost his job due to injury. He's been pipped. It's over.
But...but...but... THE DUDE SCORED 4.5 FPPT TODAY!!! :roll:
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:39 am

Pipped: Can we say Paul Richardson by McLaurin? PRich can't stay healthy and now he's no longer the supposed #1 in Wash.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:59 am

Hottoddies wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:18 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:11 pm Guys...... Damien Williams is the winner. He had a touchdown today, but only two touches total.

But...but...but... THE DUDE SCORED 4.5 FPPT TODAY!!! :roll:
In his defence heplayed by far the most snaps
55% to the second highest at 22%

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:11 am

Breshad Perriman by either Bobo or Scotty Miller.

Marquise Lee went from the clear top receiver in Jacksonville to the number four guy and even that spot seems tenuous.

Pretty much every guy trying to be the WR2 in Oakland.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:45 am

Frankly out of the ones mentioned the Cam/Kyle Allen would be the only one that really fits the Wally Pipp scenario; but, Allen outside of that Cardinals game hasn't been very good. The team keeps winning despite Allen mainly due to CMC. IMO when Cam is healthy he regains that job at least for the rest of the year. I'm not sold that he is back next year.

For those that aren't fully aware of the Pipp situation Pipp had been a fixture in the Yankees lineup for 10 years before injuring his ankle. Gehrig was called up to fill in for Pipp and the rest is history.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:53 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:45 am Frankly out of the ones mentioned the Cam/Kyle Allen would be the only one that really fits the Wally Pipp scenario; but, Allen outside of that Cardinals game hasn't been very good. The team keeps winning despite Allen mainly due to CMC. IMO when Cam is healthy he regains that job at least for the rest of the year. I'm not sold that he is back next year.

For those that aren't fully aware of the Pipp situation Pipp had been a fixture in the Yankees lineup for 10 years before injuring his ankle. Gehrig was called up to fill in for Pipp and the rest is history.
While technically true, its effective used to denote any guy who lost his job primarily due to his own injury.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:44 am

Aaron Jones has been dangerously close and i think last night sealed the deal. Not saying Jamal Williams is some supremely talented back, because he is not, what i am saying is the Packers have been begging to go full fledged RBBC and last night gave them a reason to.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:17 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:44 am Aaron Jones has been dangerously close and i think last night sealed the deal. Not saying Jamal Williams is some supremely talented back, because he is not, what i am saying is the Packers have been begging to go full fledged RBBC and last night gave them a reason to.
Which is interesting considering one would think that last week gave them a reason NOT to lol

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:33 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:44 am Aaron Jones has been dangerously close and i think last night sealed the deal. Not saying Jamal Williams is some supremely talented back, because he is not, what i am saying is the Packers have been begging to go full fledged RBBC and last night gave them a reason to.
You haven't been paying attention. The Packers have been RBBC for awhile now. That was one of the big knocks on McCarthy that he kept using Williams even tho Jones was averaging 5 ypc in limited carries. This is 2 straight regimes that aren't willing to give Jones the full load so I figure there must be a reason for it.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:45 am

djeternal2 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:33 am
You haven't been paying attention. The Packers have been RBBC for awhile now. That was one of the big knocks on McCarthy that he kept using Williams even tho Jones was averaging 5 ypc in limited carries. This is 2 straight regimes that aren't willing to give Jones the full load so I figure there must be a reason for it.
I have been paying attention and have never fallen for the Jones hype due to this. Maybe our untrained eyes dont see it but there are obviously things Jones does wrong that the packers dont like, aside from the things we do see like the fumbles. Either way Jamal didnt help the fantasy value of Jones out at all last night. He will probably get even more opportunities and it will go to a full 50/50 split.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:20 am

a lot of football left for big ben to be supplanted by rudolph
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp