2019 Week 6

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2019 Week 6

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:25 pm

The Steelers gameplan with new QBs seems to be to not throw the ball to WRs.

JuJu: 3 targets, goose egg.

Wednesday or Thursday:

OC or QB: "We've got to get JuJu the ball!" :lol:

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:29 pm

lol.. Rams continue to prove that unless you're a team like the Pats, your window to contention is typically pretty small and they may have slammed theirs shut with the embarassing Goff contract.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:39 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:25 pm The Steelers gameplan with new QBs seems to be to not throw the ball to WRs.

Wednesday or Thursday:

The in last few weeks I've copped Samuels then Conner destroying me thanks to this rubbish. Meanwhile Juju has been riding my bench.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Chargers' passing attack struggling mightily, but Hunter Henry and Mike Williams both showing well. Steelers seem to have successfully taken Keenan away.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:41 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:25 pm The Steelers gameplan with new QBs seems to be to not throw the ball to WRs.

Wednesday or Thursday:

I have admittedly cooled on Juju, but he burned Hayward on a double move early in the game, badly. It was apparent by the throw that Hodges had no outside/downfield ability. There was another throw to Juju when he was open, down the field that was so off, it was cringe worthy. They doubled Juju and the fact the Chargers knew Hodges couldn't throw more than ten yards kind of told the story. Hodges is not an NFL QB. and I expected this to happen. Take away their best WR and make others beat you, which they did, but it was actually the Steelers run game thad did it. The Steelers better hope Rudolph gets back soon.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:41 pm

Blueboy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:00 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:12 pm Henderson looks GOOD right now. Might be his breakout game
I agree that he passes the eye test, but can 39 rushing yards and 9 receiving yards really be called a breakout game? Plus the fumble.
:lol: Fors sure, and I roster the guy.

vflgladiators
Captain
Captain

Postby vflgladiators » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:26 pm

The "Juju is the startup 1.01" talk in the offseason was ridiculous. He's good but not quite elite yet imo.
Team 1
12 team. PPR. 6pts all TDs. Long TD bonus. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Sam Howell, Kyle Trask
RBs: Rhamondre Stevenson, Keaontay Ingram, Kyren Williams, Isaiah Spiller
WR/TEs: Jahan Dotson, Kyle Pitts, Diontae Johnson, Elijah Moore, Rashod Bateman, John Metchie
K: Carlson, Boswell
DST: Patriots, Steelers
Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, 1.9, 1.11, 2.4, 3.1
2019 Champ

Team 2
12 Team Superflex. PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 1K, 1Def
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Howell, Brissett, Darnold
RBs: Kamara, Mattison, L. Murray, Fournette
WRs: Chase, Diontae Johnson, Toney, Dortch
TEs: Kelce, Dulcich, Juwan Johnson, Ertz
Ks: Tucker
DST: Colts, Jaguars
Picks: 1.8, 3.9
2022 Champ

vflgladiators
Captain
Captain

Postby vflgladiators » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:27 pm

Needalife wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:44 pm - I wonder how the Rams organization is feeling about the Goff contract at the moment...
- It's amazing that Mahomes had a "bad" day with 273/3
- The Jets are a lot more interesting all of a sudden. Another team that took the foot off the pedal though and almost lost it
- Devonta Freeman sighting! Where has that been all year?
- Tyreek outjumping those DBs on that TD was absurd
- This is a tremendous sell window for Diggs. Cash in...
- IDP Special... Landon COllins dominated this crap game. He was everywhere and flooded the stat sheet
- David Johnson is my favorite "buy" and "sell" depending on if you are a contender or not. Worth a good price on both sides.
- Tevin Coleman is nowhere near as good as Breida but Shanahan clearly has a long-standing relationship there and it showed up this week
- Is McLauren the 1.01 if we were to redraft the rookies?
I still think Jacobs deserves the 1.01 but he is making a case for the 1.02 at this point in the season.
Team 1
12 team. PPR. 6pts all TDs. Long TD bonus. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Sam Howell, Kyle Trask
RBs: Rhamondre Stevenson, Keaontay Ingram, Kyren Williams, Isaiah Spiller
WR/TEs: Jahan Dotson, Kyle Pitts, Diontae Johnson, Elijah Moore, Rashod Bateman, John Metchie
K: Carlson, Boswell
DST: Patriots, Steelers
Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, 1.9, 1.11, 2.4, 3.1
2019 Champ

Team 2
12 Team Superflex. PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 1K, 1Def
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Howell, Brissett, Darnold
RBs: Kamara, Mattison, L. Murray, Fournette
WRs: Chase, Diontae Johnson, Toney, Dortch
TEs: Kelce, Dulcich, Juwan Johnson, Ertz
Ks: Tucker
DST: Colts, Jaguars
Picks: 1.8, 3.9
2022 Champ

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Needalife wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:44 pm- Is McLauren the 1.01 if we were to redraft the rookies?
No, definitely not above Jacobs, but top 3? For sure. Arguably top 2.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:41 pm
Blueboy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:00 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:12 pm Henderson looks GOOD right now. Might be his breakout game
I agree that he passes the eye test, but can 39 rushing yards and 9 receiving yards really be called a breakout game? Plus the fumble.
Double post
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:18 pm

vflgladiators wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:26 pm The "Juju is the startup 1.01" talk in the offseason was ridiculous. He's good but not quite elite yet imo.
Nobody was saying that. I was saying WR1. Nobody was saying 1.01. If you can find it, show it. I was also saying that thinking Ben would be the QB all year, and be able to throw him open, and hit the harder targets, and throw to him as a legit QB confident in his WR1, and be able to make a lot of good throws, which these backups certainly can not.

When Juju turned Casey Hayward inside out on a double move tonight for what should have been a long gain and perhaps a long TD, he was under thrown by 5 yards. The Steelers have game planned conservative approaches for backups, and backups to backups, since then. Juju is basically eating up coverage so others can produce. The prediction changed the second a future HOF QB went down. Juju had 6/78 against arguably the best D and best corner in the game right AT Foxborough. I think it's disingenuous to hold those things against him. I don't think any WR would be flourishing in Pittsburgh's offense right now. They would simply be eating up coverage and attention like anyone else.

At this point, right now, I think MT is the WR1. I also don't think Hopkins is top 5. His yards per target are frightening. He's also having drops he never used to have. Things can change quickly, as I stated about Juju, however Hopkins has very good QB and other players around him to take away some heat, and he's not getting it done, besides catching quick routes inside 10 yards. Fine for the offense, but not what you want in terms of FF.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:38 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:18 pm
vflgladiators wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:26 pm The "Juju is the startup 1.01" talk in the offseason was ridiculous. He's good but not quite elite yet imo.
Nobody was saying that. I was saying WR1. Nobody was saying 1.01. If you can find it, show it. I was also saying that thinking Ben would be the QB all year, and be able to throw him open, and hit the harder targets, and throw to him as a legit QB confident in his WR1, and be able to make a lot of good throws, which these backups certainly can not.

When Juju turned Casey Hayward inside out on a double move tonight for what should have been a long gain and perhaps a long TD, he was under thrown by 5 yards. The Steelers have game planned conservative approaches for backups, and backups to backups, since then. Juju is basically eating up coverage so others can produce. The prediction changed the second a future HOF QB went down. Juju had 6/78 against arguably the best D and best corner in the game right AT Foxborough. I think it's disingenuous to hold those things against him. I don't think any WR would be flourishing in Pittsburgh's offense right now. They would simply be eating up coverage and attention like anyone else.

At this point, right now, I think MT is the WR1. I also don't think Hopkins is top 5. His yards per target are frightening. He's also having drops he never used to have. Things can change quickly, as I stated about Juju, however Hopkins has very good QB and other players around him to take away some heat, and he's not getting it done, besides catching quick routes inside 10 yards. Fine for the offense, but not what you want in terms of FF.
Real NFL teams don't care about our fantasy teams. Those short little passes all came about converting on critical 3rd downs that lead to securing a victory. It may not help your score but Hopkins played a vital part in winning for his team.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:51 am

I think we all need rethink this whole QB proof thing, I don't think there is such a thing, when you add in scheme etc you could be Jerry rice and still put up junk scores.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:55 am

Hottoddies wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:10 pm
IR1 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:36 am So far I hate owning both Evans and Godwin, haven’t stared the right one yet this year
The easy solution would be to start both of them.
The thought has crossed my mind, doubt I get much sympathy, but start 4 of Kamara/Chubb/Nuk/Keenan/Evans/Godwin/Mixon means I usually sit one guy who goes off
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:56 am

IR1 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:55 am
Hottoddies wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:10 pm
IR1 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:36 am So far I hate owning both Evans and Godwin, haven’t stared the right one yet this year
The easy solution would be to start both of them.
The thought has crossed my mind, doubt I get much sympathy, but start 4 of Kamara/Chubb/Nuk/Keenan/Evans/Godwin/Mixon means I usually sit one guy who goes off
Mixon is a pretty safe bench behind those options.