More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:09 pm

Friction wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:44 pm I'm with you on that^^^^^^^. One of the reasons I am hesitant on putting him too high, or at least solidifying it. Mich St. Is a pretty solid defense though. Looked good vs them.
He can catch, too, which is great. I'd probably want Dobbins over Etienne due to that.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:21 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 am Everybody sleeping on Tylan Wallace. Have no clue how he’s not considered a top 3 WR. Yes he’s playing at Oklahoma State, but even then with his dominance over the 3 years he’s been at OSU it’s tough to ignore. Great hands/contested catch ability and above average college speed. His production analytics are ridiculous and should 100% be a 1st/2nd NFL Draft Pick barring some ungodly bad combine.
I don't think anyone's sleeping on anyone yet, it's just early for everything other than the obvious. I think people basically have two tiers: the guys we know and are paying attention, the guys we don't know, and need to learn about. I think people will be waking up to Wallace in the coming weeks/months just like a bunch of other guys. He'll make his case, and six months from now, we'll see guys drop like a rock after their combines, and others fast rise.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:04 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:47 am I think there are at least 10-12 solid RB and another 10-12 solid WR, play 5-6 QB. Admittedly I haven't gone crazy scouting yet but I think this will be a good class well into the second round.
If there's any question about round 2, it's wholly contingent on declarations. It should be deep into early round 3 if not later, especially if you play in leagues where waived players are available in the rookie draft assuming there aren't too many surprises w/regards to kids returning for one last year.

I've definitely been one of those individuals attempting to pile up as many 2nd's as possible, even later picks. View it both as ammo to steal the occasional high value asset that falls, but also a method to feed future rookie drafts w/picks by unloading the largesse forward.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:50 pm

Friction wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:18 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:30 am I think Taylor needs to be moved ahead of Swift right now. He's shown he can catch, and he's just destroying it. I had Swift ahead of him, but I'm changing that as of right now. It's close, I may flip flop again. :lol:
Taylor has been my 1.01 for a bit now. Like Swift too, just not above Taylor. The guy who is gaining steam (again) is Dobbins. Akers has looked a lot better this year, but I still don't like him in the "lotto picks" (1-6).
Akers is the wild card to me. Trapped in a total <censored> of an offense, horrific OL play, I don't think his data is even usable in any traditional sense. Other than metrics that take into account the blocking performance on individual plays, what possible use is there in his raw stats from last year? This year? I honestly don't know, but I think it's distinctly possible he ends up being one of the best values in the draft if he isn't taken inside say the top half of the draft. Could be wrong, since it's hard to get a feel for him in that FSU disaster, but man, he's got a combo of skills that would've made him 1.01 in a lot of rookie drafts.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:09 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:16 pm
Friction wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:18 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:30 am I think Taylor needs to be moved ahead of Swift right now. He's shown he can catch, and he's just destroying it. I had Swift ahead of him, but I'm changing that as of right now. It's close, I may flip flop again. :lol:
Taylor has been my 1.01 for a bit now. Like Swift too, just not above Taylor. The guy who is gaining steam (again) is Dobbins. Akers has looked a lot better this year, but I still don't like him in the "lotto picks" (1-6).
Dobbins has looked better but I need to see him do it vs a good/great defense. 2 weeks from now should tell us alot.
Michigan State had one of the top run defenses in the country until Dobbins laid 170 on em.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:40 am

How high does Joe Burrow get drafted, in the NFL Draft? He was making some serious throws today. I see a lot of D. Adams when i watch CeeDee Lamb. Colin Johnson is not even the best receiver on his own team. Decent sleeper RB prospect for those who are loading up on 2nd rd picks- Rodney Smith, MN. Put up 1100 and 16tds as a sophomore, was hurt last year and splits time with 2 other backs. Should eclipse 1000 again this year.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:26 am

I've got 1 team that is rebuilding, over the next 2 draft I should have 3 out of the 4 highest picks.
Its a SF league, Besides Tua, how does the QB class compare against RB/WR ?

I saw an interview with David Carr I think, who said that besides Tua there wasent a QB, who should be picked in the 1 rnd at the 2020 draft, they would problaby be picked anyway, but talent wise only Tua was a 1round talent.

and

Besides Trevor Lawrence, who is the QB to look out for, from now and until 2021 draft ?
I know it is a long time from now.
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:20 am

Joe Burrow is in the 1st round now and has overtaken Fromm for the #3 QB in the class, and several have him #2 over Herbert now. I wouldn't be shocked if he eventually over takes Tua in the in the eyes of some if he continues this level of play, due to his more prototypical physical makeup.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:34 am

ravn88 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:26 am I've got 1 team that is rebuilding, over the next 2 draft I should have 3 out of the 4 highest picks.

I saw an interview with David Carr I think, who said that besides Tua there wasent a QB, who should be picked in the 1 rnd at the 2020 draft, they would problaby be picked anyway, but talent wise only Tua was a 1round talent.

and

Besides Trevor Lawrence, who is the QB to look out for, from now and until 2021 draft ?
I don't play superflex so I haven't considered QB much but I will say this: experts get it wrong all the time. There's a reason Trub went ahead of Watson and Mahomes in the NFL draft. I think I'd take anything Carr says with a fist full of salt.

One QB I've watched some Is Fromm. Not a fan. I know the offense isn't set up to give him a ton of throwing but still just doesn't look like an NFL arm to me. I am no expert though.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:57 am

There are 5-7 guys that will be or have a chance to be 1st round picks this year at the QB position

Tua
Herbert
Burrow
Fromm
Jacob Eason
Jordan Love
Jalen Hurts

Who knows there could be a Trubisky or Daniel Jones too that no one is considering at the moment but gets elevatedby the predraft process.

TheGunSlinger
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheGunSlinger » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:31 am

[/quote]

If there's any question about round 2, it's wholly contingent on declarations. It should be deep into early round 3 if not later, especially if you play in leagues where waived players are available in the rookie draft assuming there aren't too many surprises w/regards to kids returning for one last year.

I've definitely been one of those individuals attempting to pile up as many 2nd's as possible, even later picks. View it both as ammo to steal the occasional high value asset that falls, but also a method to feed future rookie drafts w/picks by unloading the largesse forward.
[/quote]

To me.. this is the wild card, I have a major rebuild and trying my best to snag as many 2nd rounders/early 3rds as I can. Already have 3 1sts, but i think major value is going to be available in those rounds.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:03 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:34 am
ravn88 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:26 am I've got 1 team that is rebuilding, over the next 2 draft I should have 3 out of the 4 highest picks.

and

I don't play superflex so I haven't considered QB much but I will say this: experts get it wrong all the time. There's a reason Trub went ahead of Watson and Mahomes in the NFL draft. I think I'd take anything Carr says with a fist full of salt.

One QB I've watched some Is Fromm. Not a fan. I know the offense isn't set up to give him a ton of throwing but still just doesn't look like an NFL arm to me. I am no expert though.
Please tell me you've seen more than simply his last game. Because last week was by far the worst ice ever seen him
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:12 pm

DJB wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:03 pm
TimeWillTell wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:34 am

and

Please tell me you've seen more than simply his last game. Because last week was by far the worst ice ever seen him
If that was directed at me regarding Fromm: I've watched most of 2 games, and some of 1 game. I admit I'm no expert and it isn't a huge sample, just my observation as a casual viewer.

ETA: I'm also cognizant of the fact the UGA offense isn't really geared to airing it out like some which may give me a false impression as well.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:34 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:20 am Joe Burrow is in the 1st round now and has overtaken Fromm for the #3 QB in the class, and several have him #2 over Herbert now. I wouldn't be shocked if he eventually over takes Tua in the in the eyes of some if he continues this level of play, due to his more prototypical physical makeup.
I can't see that. He's simply not accurate enough to overtake Tua. I don't think anyone supplants Tua as the top QB. Tua isn't big, but he's big enough.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:43 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:34 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:20 am Joe Burrow is in the 1st round now and has overtaken Fromm for the #3 QB in the class, and several have him #2 over Herbert now. I wouldn't be shocked if he eventually over takes Tua in the in the eyes of some if he continues this level of play, due to his more prototypical physical makeup.
I can't see that. He's simply not accurate enough to overtake Tua. I don't think anyone supplants Tua as the top QB. Tua isn't big, but he's big enough.
He's completing just under 80% of his passes and has a 93.3 QBR, and has done it vs top competition in both the SEC and out of conference. Not exactly sure how much more accurate he could be...