Top 4 pick vs...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Pick vs minshew/chark

Minshew/chark
11%
Pick
89%

Total votes: 9

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Top 4 pick vs...

Postby BradysBunch » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:22 pm

I have 4 picks coming up. 2 will be top 4. I will not trade away the best of them, but is the next one worth minshew and chark in SF/PPR?
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Top 4 pick vs...

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:24 pm

I would hold the pick.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:40 pm

I’d probably hold it as well but I’m not sure how to think of Minshew longterm
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Flathead
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flathead » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Pick for me

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:57 pm

I actually think this is really close. If you could get away with giving one of the other two picks I’d hop on it. As is it would be tough to pull the trigger right now. But every week that goes by raises Chark and the Stache to the point that it may get too late or someone else swoops in. Very tough call. Looks like you got a contender, and l think both would see the lineup at least as matchup plays in weeks. I think I’d do this if it’s as low as you can take it, but try to massage down some if possible.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:25 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:57 pm I actually think this is really close. If you could get away with giving one of the other two picks I’d hop on it. As is it would be tough to pull the trigger right now. But every week that goes by raises Chark and the Stache to the point that it may get too late or someone else swoops in. Very tough call. Looks like you got a contender, and l think both would see the lineup at least as matchup plays in weeks. I think I’d do this if it’s as low as you can take it, but try to massage down some if possible.
I agree with this, there's a very very strong argument that both chark and Beowulf are worth a late first each in this format. And like what was said each of these weeks both of them continue to impress and keep up the very solid play. While Minshew hasn't been spectacular he's been very solid as a rookie, which is impressive in itself, while playing against two very legit defenses and another average to above average one each of the past three weeks, CAR and TEN for the former then DEN for the latter. The main risk with Minshew at this point is that Foles comes back and takes the job and that's the end of the run. And that IMO is why his value is right around a late first. A rookie QB playing like this that had the job locked up would be worth much more. Chark is a high risk high reward guy, if he keeps this up his value will skyrocket, if it stops it'll plummet.

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Samhain34 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:15 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:25 pm
sugbear65 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:57 pm I actually think this is really close. If you could get away with giving one of the other two picks I’d hop on it. As is it would be tough to pull the trigger right now. But every week that goes by raises Chark and the Stache to the point that it may get too late or someone else swoops in. Very tough call. Looks like you got a contender, and l think both would see the lineup at least as matchup plays in weeks. I think I’d do this if it’s as low as you can take it, but try to massage down some if possible.
I agree with this, there's a very very strong argument that both chark and Beowulf are worth a late first each in this format. And like what was said each of these weeks both of them continue to impress and keep up the very solid play. While Minshew hasn't been spectacular he's been very solid as a rookie, which is impressive in itself, while playing against two very legit defenses and another average to above average one each of the past three weeks, CAR and TEN for the former then DEN for the latter. The main risk with Minshew at this point is that Foles comes back and takes the job and that's the end of the run. And that IMO is why his value is right around a late first. A rookie QB playing like this that had the job locked up would be worth much more. Chark is a high risk high reward guy, if he keeps this up his value will skyrocket, if it stops it'll plummet.
I think JAX ships Foles and eats the money, but even if they sit Minshew for a bit, they can dump Foles after the 2020 season for 12.5M. Then he's the starter.

Z$$$
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Z$$$ » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:58 pm

Pick
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 5IDP
QB: Rodgers, Love
RB: Achane, Gibson, Dillon, Sanders
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, G Wilson, Rice, JSN, Burks
TE: Goedert, Likely, Musgraves
2024 Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11