Jacoby Brissett

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Jacoby Brissett

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:40 pm

df_sarc wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:10 pm "I'm not gonna stash a 3rd-round picked QB for the three or four years it's gonna take before he only might get a shot to start. Unless people actually handcuff their QBs in 2QB fantasy leagues. Do they?"

I didn't have Brady but I picked Jimmy G on my last pick of a startup 2QB league 3 drafts ago (4 as of this year). I'm very happy I did. I picked up Brock a while ago when Manning was starting. I don't think that's going to turn out so well.

I'd certainly consider Brissett. What was Brock going for at the start of last year? can't be much lower than the rookie 1 QB. I'm sure most people would rather have Jimmy than the consensus number 1 QB this year. I know anyone can be sold high but I got these pickups for nothing. I don't know enough about Brisset but unless Tom Brady is an alien someone else is going to be QBing for New England very very soon.
Jimmy G and Osweiler were second round picks, though, making them a little more plausible as potential future NFL starters. The odds for 3rd round picked QBs plummet for that; QBs picked there are nearly always drafted intentionally to be career backups (whom we have to remember are still significantly valued by NFL teams).
What was Brock going for at the start of last year?
A lot more than Brissett, obviously -- he was set to be the starting QB for a team. And even going back to the beginning of 2015, his dynasty owners knew that Manning was very nearly done and that Brock himself was soon to be a free-agent. Again, this contrasts with Brissett's current situation, doomed to sit behind Brady for potentially the duration of his rookie contract, of which we're only one year into.

Look man, you got lucky with Jimmy G. You're not remembering that Brady three/four years ago was struggling not to sail his deep throws and suffering increasingly lower YPA marks, so drafting Jimmy made more sense then. Fast forward to now, and the last couple of seasons have somehow seen Brady's arm-strength rejuvenated and playing as well as ever. If Jimmy hadn't been able to start those two games last year because of Brady's suspension, his dynasty value right now would be far less.

Heck, you may still end up with Jimmy being nothing but a stash this year, too; there's no guarantee the Pats trade him.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

df_sarc
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby df_sarc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:39 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:40 pm
df_sarc wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:10 pm "I'm not gonna stash a 3rd-round picked QB for the three or four years it's gonna take before he only might get a shot to start. Unless people actually handcuff their QBs in 2QB fantasy leagues. Do they?"

I didn't have Brady but I picked Jimmy G on my last pick of a startup 2QB league 3 drafts ago (4 as of this year). I'm very happy I did. I picked up Brock a while ago when Manning was starting. I don't think that's going to turn out so well.

I'd certainly consider Brissett. What was Brock going for at the start of last year? can't be much lower than the rookie 1 QB. I'm sure most people would rather have Jimmy than the consensus number 1 QB this year. I know anyone can be sold high but I got these pickups for nothing. I don't know enough about Brisset but unless Tom Brady is an alien someone else is going to be QBing for New England very very soon.
Jimmy G and Osweiler were second round picks, though, making them a little more plausible as potential future NFL starters. The odds for 3rd round picked QBs plummet for that; QBs picked there are nearly always drafted intentionally to be career backups (whom we have to remember are still significantly valued by NFL teams).
What was Brock going for at the start of last year?
A lot more than Brissett, obviously -- he was set to be the starting QB for a team. And even going back to the beginning of 2015, his dynasty owners knew that Manning was very nearly done and that Brock himself was soon to be a free-agent. Again, this contrasts with Brissett's current situation, doomed to sit behind Brady for potentially the duration of his rookie contract, of which we're only one year into.

Look man, you got lucky with Jimmy G. You're not remembering that Brady three/four years ago was struggling not to sail his deep throws and suffering increasingly lower YPA marks, so drafting Jimmy made more sense then. Fast forward to now, and the last couple of seasons have somehow seen Brady's arm-strength rejuvenated and playing as well as ever. If Jimmy hadn't been able to start those two games last year because of Brady's suspension, his dynasty value right now would be far less.

Heck, you may still end up with Jimmy being nothing but a stash this year, too; there's no guarantee the Pats trade him.
Did you actually read my last post? I was pointing to Brock's value at its highest, not when I drafted him. I think you got confused and that's why you're comparing Brissett to when Brock was starting for the Texans.

"If Jimmy hadn't been able to start those two games last year because of Brady's suspension, his dynasty value right now would be far less" What does this mean? are you trying to say it's pure luck than Jimmy G has any dynasty value?

"you may still end up with Jimmy being nothing but a stash this year, too; there's no guarantee the Pats trade him"
Yip Jimmy G, Brock, and Brisset and certainly dice throws. Doesn't mean we should automatically exclude them. Have you ever played in 2QB leagues? Have you never drafted a non-starter?

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Jacoby Brissett

Postby dark_knite03 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:06 am

I was wondering were everyone sees him going forward. I have not watched any of his play buy the box score doesn't look bad. He keep the job or do the Colts draft someone this spring?
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:47 am

He is atleast the starter for next year. The colts will draft someone this year, the higher in the draft they take the rookie the more likely they start in 2021. A first or second rounder and I think there is just about no chance brissett is the starter in 2021. Anything else and it will depend on the next year and a half.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:31 am

I agree with abloom. He more than likely has the starting job next year while the Colts groom a rookie. I think he is a solid backup and stopgap QB for a team, but I’m just not convinced he is a long term starter. I believe his contract is up next year (just based on memory and not looking into it, so could be wrong), but I gotta imagine when his contract is up, he will go to a new team to compete for their starting QB. I don’t see him wanting to take a backup gig somewhere, and in my opinion he has earned the right to compete for a starting spot.

It’s tough. I owned him in a 16 team 2QB and I sold him a couple weeks ago for a 2021 1st because I was fairly deep at QB. The trade could go either way, but I couldn’t see a situation where I would get more than a 1st for him.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:04 am

Colts are 3-2, just beat the Chiefs, and Brissett has been solid. I see no reason he doesn’t start 2020 unless something notable changes. He could be there longer as well, as they won’t have high draft capital to invest. It is not a forgone conclusion that they can bring in anyone better. Sure he’s a game manager type, but those have staying power in strong team foundation situations. This could be one of those.

I was far from a Brissett believer. I would say I was flat out wrong about him. I didn’t think he would be able to do what he’s doing now. I’ve come to acknowledge he could have staying power. Don’t bank on him just disappearing. He’s a nice depth piece in SF leagues, who seems to be giving a solid floor performance to slot into your lineup.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:13 am

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapoli ... ett-19045/

20 of the 30m is guaranteed in some way, and I can see this going in one of 3 ways

1 - The Colts are sold on Brissett as the future after 2019 and re-work / extend him after the 2019 season again.

2 - The Colts are still undecided and let the contract play out as is, while continuing to develop Chad Kelly / draft a Rookie QB in 2020 as insurance.

3 - The Colts decide after 2019 that Brissett is not the answer and release after 2019 ($0 dead cap).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Jacoby brisset value

Postby Sfoster2625 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:58 am

What are y’all thoughts on brisset? Where would you value him compared to Goff? Goff hasn’t really impressed me this year and it doesn’t seem like he handles adversity well. Should I try to trade for brisset or try to get Herbert in around the 4th round of my rookie draft?
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

mratlanta
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Jacoby brisset value

Postby mratlanta » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:36 am

He's a backup fantasy QB. I'm not a Goff fan but I don't think Brissett is an upgrade.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Mahomes, Cam, Tannehill
RB: LeVeon, Jordan Howard, Latavius, Bryce Love, Ty Johnson
WR: OBJ, Antonio Brown, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Anthony Miller, Arcega-Whiteside,
Diontae Johnson, Hakeem Butler, DJ Chark, Darius Slayton
TE: OJ Howard, Evan Engram, Gerald Everett
K: Zuerlein
DEF: KC

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:55 am

Brissett has played really good this season, like well above average kind of good. I wouldn’t just assume he’s going to get replaced by whoever he’s holding down the seat for. In fact, I’ll go as far as to say I’d assume he doesn’t get replaced, and that it’s his seat. I’m not sure what’s not to like. He’s young, learned behind a couple of great QBs including the GOAT, is in a productive offense with playmakers and solid O line, signed for the next few years. He can scramble, but doesn’t run just to run, instead using his mobility to move around the pocket or evade pressure. He’s not prone to making bad or boneheaded decisions. Oh, and he is also on pace to lead all QBs in touchdown passes this year. So there’s that.
Doubt this guy at your own peril, but he is more than just backup fantasy QB material to me. And his price is still so low! Good time to buy in my opinion, and grab a pontetial top 12 QB for years to come.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:29 am

sugbear65 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:55 am Brissett has played really good this season, like well above average kind of good. I wouldn’t just assume he’s going to get replaced by whoever he’s holding down the seat for. In fact, I’ll go as far as to say I’d assume he doesn’t get replaced, and that it’s his seat. I’m not sure what’s not to like. He’s young, learned behind a couple of great QBs including the GOAT, is in a productive offense with playmakers and solid O line, signed for the next few years. He can scramble, but doesn’t run just to run, instead using his mobility to move around the pocket or evade pressure. He’s not prone to making bad or boneheaded decisions. Oh, and he is also on pace to lead all QBs in touchdown passes this year. So there’s that.
Doubt this guy at your own peril, but he is more than just backup fantasy QB material to me. And his price is still so low! Good time to buy in my opinion, and grab a pontetial top 12 QB for years to come.
^This, this, and this.

He's a top-10 QB in points-per-game in just about every league's scoring system. And he's closer to #3 in many of those than number #14.

Frank Reich has proven himself to be a fantastic coach -- and a fantastic offensive coach. He has talent at skill positions around him, a great line, and a solid defense. What more do you want?
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:30 am

If the Colts draft a QB this year, it won't be in the first 2-3 rounds. It'll be someone to hopefully backup Brissett rather than replace him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:53 am

Brissett is the starter. He's earned it. I don't see him getting replaced inside 2 year. He's played extremely well.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:08 am

His box score is far more generous to his evaluation than his talent would call for, but - he HAS passed the eyeball test for me. I would honestly be content with him as my starter (real life NFL, not talking fantasy) for the next 5-7 years. I did NOT expect to be able to say that.

As others have pointed out, this is largely due to coaching. Reich has been a Godsend to Indy.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:21 am

I bought him for a late second after Ben went down and have been happy with what I've gotten thus far. Currently sits at qb15 in my league having already had his bye.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2