Thoughts On Mariota??

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Thoughts On Mariota??

Postby Ice » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:40 pm

The plan for the Titans is to draft an NFL quality QB. They can run with Tanny until the future develops.

People are fooling themselves if they think he gets franchised. He simply isn’t a franchise quality player.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:40 pm The plan for the Titans is to draft an NFL quality QB. They can run with Tanny until the future develops.

People are fooling themselves if they think he gets franchised. He simply isn’t a franchise quality player.
Or the Titans might decide Mariota's "good enough" a la Andy Dalton and keep him, cheap.

Wouldn't surprise me. The Titans are about as inept as the Bengals, with similar borderline playoff caliber showing itself here and there in recent years.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:17 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:40 pm The plan for the Titans is to draft an NFL quality QB. They can run with Tanny until the future develops.

I think you are fooling yourself if you expect the Titans to operate rationally. Mariota is not good, but he’s not going anywhere yet until he expectedly fails after a Bortles-type extension.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:09 pm

Mariota is fulfilling his Alex Smith destiny and he needs to find his own Andy Reid-driven renaissance for his second act. Not sure that will happen with the Titans, and there are only so few offensive gurus who can hold a candle to Reid as a schemer and don't have a QBotf...Would be interesting to see him pair up with Josh McDaniels either in NE post-Brady/Belichek or somewhere else TBD.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:17 pm

DynoScout wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:09 pm Mariota is fulfilling his Alex Smith destiny and he needs to find his own Andy Reid-driven renaissance for his second act. Not sure that will happen with the Titans, and there are only so few offensive gurus who can hold a candle to Reid as a schemer and don't have a QBotf...Would be interesting to see him pair up with Josh McDaniels either in NE post-Brady/Belichek or somewhere else TBD.
The key for Alex Smith was finding stability. Alex Smith was in KC for three mediocre seasons with Reid & Pederson, followed by another mediocre season with Reid & Childress, before he had his big year with Nagy. The Titans change offensive coordinators nearly every year. Mariota’s had four OCs in five years. QBs can’t function with that level of turnover.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:11 am

Mariota's stats are all over the board. Only 7 TD's, but also no interceptions.

5th in AY/A at 8.9, just behind Dak.
5th in Yards per Completion.
7th in rating.
Has the 3rd highest drop % for QB's at 7%.

But also 26th in QBR.
28th in ADOT at 6.7.
Has the highest sack % in the league aside from Luke Falk.
His NY/A is 27th at just 5.9, between Allen and Brissett.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:17 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:11 am Mariota's stats are all over the board. Only 7 TD's, but also no interceptions.

7th in rating.

But also 26th in QBR.
28th in ADOT at 6.7.
Yep, sounds about right - that's why I said I just couldn't do it anymore after drafting him and finally traded him for not much last year. Too Jekyll and Hyde for me, just like Corey Davis. Though I'm finding it even harder to trade Davis away for anything.

The way that team is playing this year though, he can probably just keep on keepin' on - whatever you want to call his somewhat improved (I... guess?) play this season. My head hurts just trying to come up with an accurate word for it!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:03 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:17 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:11 am Mariota's stats are all over the board. Only 7 TD's, but also no interceptions.

7th in rating.

But also 26th in QBR.
28th in ADOT at 6.7.
Yep, sounds about right - that's why I said I just couldn't do it anymore after drafting him and finally traded him for not much last year. Too Jekyll and Hyde for me, just like Corey Davis. Though I'm finding it even harder to trade Davis away for anything.

The way that team is playing this year though, he can probably just keep on keepin' on - whatever you want to call his somewhat improved (I... guess?) play this season. My head hurts just trying to come up with an accurate word for it!
He had a rough start to the year, but hes looked like the same QB hes been since the 2016 season the past two games.

Whatever the case may be, we’ve seen what he is in TEN. Not good enough.

It probably wont happen, but TEN should clean house next season on offense. New QB, new OC.

I definitely don't think its all on Mariota, but it'd probably be better for both parties to see him go elsewhere(For Mariota's sake) to a more established offensive system (NO, NE, LAC) even if hes a backup it'd benefit him to just start over from scratch; like Teddy Bridgewater.

On the flip side, TEN would probably benefit from a QB with a gunslinger mentality. Their defense is good, but they're not the 85 Bears, or the 2000's Ravens: where they're able to carry a team to the ship if the offense just plays mistake free football.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:10 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:17 pm

I think you are fooling yourself if you expect the Titans to operate rationally. Mariota is not good, but he’s not going anywhere yet until he expectedly fails after a Bortles-type extension.
Haha 😂

You have a point!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:49 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:03 pm
DLF3000 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:17 pm

7th in rating.

But also 26th in QBR.
28th in ADOT at 6.7.

He had a rough start to the year, but hes looked like the same QB hes been since the 2016 season the past two games.

Whatever the case may be, we’ve seen what he is in TEN. Not good enough.

It probably wont happen, but TEN should clean house next season on offense. New QB, new OC.

I definitely don't think its all on Mariota, but it'd probably be better for both parties to see him go elsewhere(For Mariota's sake) to a more established offensive system (NO, NE, LAC) even if hes a backup it'd benefit him to just start over from scratch; like Teddy Bridgewater.

On the flip side, TEN would probably benefit from a QB with a gunslinger mentality. Their defense is good, but they're not the 85 Bears, or the 2000's Ravens: where they're able to carry a team to the ship if the offense just plays mistake free football.
I wouldn't mind seeing Tennessee give Arthur Smith another year as OC. I think it's a bit rash to give a TE's coach that has never called plays 16 games to fix it or fire him. Plus Tennessee wouldn't just fire him if anything. Give him a year to get his feet wet, then next year see what he can do with some more experience.

On the retrospect, keeping Mariota and getting rid of Smith is a very Titans thing to do so we shall see. Might as well give Mariota his 5th OC in 6 years. Screw it. :wall:
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:57 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:05 pm The MM haters + Corey Davis owners better hope he has another stinker pretty fast, because at this rate I don't see how they don't bring his brand of middling-success back for next year - either under Franchise Tag or (*gasps from audience*) a new deal...
Right on cue. The end is nigh! :lol:

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:36 pm

Free ABCD! Free ABCD!
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:26 pm

Officially benched, Tannehill starting this week.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:49 pm

I think we will get to see what this WR core is made of... the bolts don’t exactly scare people with their pass defense. This could be interesting...
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:54 pm

Just a quick reminder that whatever you think about Mariota - do not forget his draft pedigree will always protect him to some degree. In the sense that he'll have more opportunities & chances even if the Titans move on from him long term. See Sam Bradford, Joe Flacco, Teddy Bridgewater and the previously mentioned Alex Smith & Blake Bortles (backup rehabilitating his image in the NFL & 1 injury away). Heck even the guy replacing Mariota as a starter is a 1st round pick (Tannehill).

If your only goal is to look for that elite QB with yearly top 6 potential then I certainly think most people have moved on from Mariota. So I agree that if you want to roll out 1 reliable QB in a 1QB league, then Mariota likely has little value to you at this time ...

But if you're an owner who streams QBs & plays matchups - Mariota alone this year had 2 QB1 performances.

As dynasty continues to expand from its 10 team 1 QB 16 man roster redraft roots and has now has variations like 16 team leagues with 30 man rosters, ppc, different QB scoring formats (not to mention Superflex & 2 QB formats) - it never hurts to keep tabs on any QBs who have the potential to grab a starting role, and QBs with high draft pedigree will likely remain coveted in the NFL.

There is a reason they say things like 'Any Given Sunday' or 'One Mans Junk is Another Mans Treasure'. So all I am saying is that things may look dismal for Mariota right now - but tomorrow do not be surprised if Mariota has landed another starting gig. The right team, the right situation, the right time, anything goes.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..