More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby TimeWillTell » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:47 am

I think there are at least 10-12 solid RB and another 10-12 solid WR, play 5-6 QB. Admittedly I haven't gone crazy scouting yet but I think this will be a good class well into the second round.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:07 am

lanemitchell96 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:41 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:35 am Seems to be a lot of focus on the very top of this class, which makes me feel it is top heavy and not deep? Is this accurate? Will i be able to find guys in the 2nd round that may work out? I have one first that could be anywhere from 1.02-1.06 but then i have 2 seconds.
I've been tracking/scouting 10 QBs, 20 RBs, 24 WRs and 7 TEs so far. It looks to be a pretty solid class all around but obviously we never know how guys will pan out
Yup i think 2019 is proving that in a positive way so far. All the 2019 rookies were supposed to be junk and most of the top guys id say have performed pretty well. Im still all in on this 2020 class tho and glad i have a few high picks

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:17 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:07 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:35 am Seems to be a lot of focus on the very top of this class, which makes me feel it is top heavy and not deep? Is this accurate? Will i be able to find guys in the 2nd round that may work out? I have one first that could be anywhere from 1.02-1.06 but then i have 2 seconds.
I've been tracking/scouting 10 QBs, 20 RBs, 24 WRs and 7 TEs so far. It looks to be a pretty solid class all around but obviously we never know how guys will pan out
Yup i think 2019 is proving that in a positive way so far. All the 2019 rookies were supposed to be junk and most of the top guys id say have performed pretty well. Im still all in on this 2020 class tho and glad i have a few high picks
Me too! Definitely have a lot of excitement for this class
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:30 am

Taylor is putting up insane numbers. The one thing for me that I really like is that he's catching he ball some this year, which is big for his NFL and fantasy prospects. Swift is going to be a good NFL back, but he isn't going to put up gaudy numbers this year. It may be a positive (like Jacobs) that he isn't getting a ton of touches in college. He's a 3 down back, who will not have had a ton of tread worn off the tires, so to speak. For SF Leagues, Burrow is really stepping up. Tua, Fromm, Herbert, Burrow all look to be first rounders, assuming Fromm declares.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:39 am

mild wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:53 pm
Lord_Varys wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:39 am Raegor and Ruggs are both in a tier for me behind Jeudy and Ceedee. They are speed demons with good WR skills. I just think Jeudy and Ceedee have elite WR skills already, and are fast af to boot.
Where's Laviska Shenault for you? Seems like everyone's gone quiet on him - whereas he was as high as the #2 WR in the offseason (behind Jeudy)
He's a tremendous athlete. Kind of like a Cordarrelle Patterson for me, though. Or a N'Keal Harry. I don't see a guy who can separate very easily and think he might be shoe-horned into a role, or more dependant upon his landing spot. I'd have him down behind Tyler Johnson and Tylan Wallace in this class.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:41 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 am Everybody sleeping on Tylan Wallace. Have no clue how he’s not considered a top 3 WR.
Because Jeudy, Ceedee, Ruggs, and Raegor are that damn good. Could make an argument for Wallace right in there but it'd be hard for me to buy it personally. Maybe James Washington has me worried about OK St. WRs more than I should be. I just think those other 4 guys are super-studs.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:58 am

Eh...this class was viewed as having some solid WRs but lack of RB talent and lack of superstar talent at the top, and I think aside from undervaluing the 1.01 that has proved relatively accurate. Jacobs looks quite good so far, but the other top 4 picks (Harry, Sanders and Montgomery) have not. Henderson was a mid-first pick in a lot of drafts and he has hardly seen the field. Justice Hill and Damien Harris similar story. Singletary looked good in limited action weeks 1-2 but has been hurt since. Kyler Murray has okay fantasy numbers but hasn't been particularly good from an actually playing the game perspective. I think you're letting the relatively unexpected performances of Hollywood and McLaurin tilt your perception of this class a bit too much. Yeah there's usually a few unexpected guys that do well each year, but that doesn't make it a great class, particularly where those performances are unanticipated (i.e. as of now, there wasn't reliable value to be had in the first round outside of 1.01). Also I'm not necessarily ready to declare Metcalf (pacing for 38/854/6), AJ Brown (pacing 38/800/6), or TJ Hockenson (pacing 44/664/8) "hits" yet. Early returns are promising but not particularly better than expected I think (and none are solid fantasy starts yet).
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:14 am

hoos89 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:58 am

Eh...this class was viewed as having some solid WRs but lack of RB talent and lack of superstar talent at the top, and I think aside from undervaluing the 1.01 that has proved relatively accurate. Jacobs looks quite good so far, but the other top 4 picks (Harry, Sanders and Montgomery) have not. Henderson was a mid-first pick in a lot of drafts and he has hardly seen the field. Justice Hill and Damien Harris similar story. Singletary looked good in limited action weeks 1-2 but has been hurt since. Kyler Murray has okay fantasy numbers but hasn't been particularly good from an actually playing the game perspective. I think you're letting the relatively unexpected performances of Hollywood and McLaurin tilt your perception of this class a bit too much. Yeah there's usually a few unexpected guys that do well each year, but that doesn't make it a great class, particularly where those performances are unanticipated (i.e. as of now, there wasn't reliable value to be had in the first round outside of 1.01). Also I'm not necessarily ready to declare Metcalf (pacing for 38/854/6), AJ Brown (pacing 38/800/6), or TJ Hockenson (pacing 44/664/8) "hits" yet. Early returns are promising but not particularly better than expected I think (and none are solid fantasy starts yet).
They arent fantasy starts but all of those numbers you just listed for Aj, DK and Hockenson are way above what most seemed to have expected from this class. Maybe we read things differently but everyone was saying how bad 2019 is and were making it sound like these rookies would have 300 yards total and 1 Td if we were lucky this season. I dont remember the top 5 guys from 2018 aside from barkley starting careers off like many of these 2019 guys have, especially the WRs.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:18 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:41 am
alewilliam789 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 am Everybody sleeping on Tylan Wallace. Have no clue how he’s not considered a top 3 WR.
Because Jeudy, Ceedee, Ruggs, and Raegor are that damn good. Could make an argument for Wallace right in there but it'd be hard for me to buy it personally. Maybe James Washington has me worried about OK St. WRs more than I should be. I just think those other 4 guys are super-studs.
I think it’s weird Reagor is considered a super stud, he is averaging 45 yards a game this year including his rushing

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:48 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:14 am

They arent fantasy starts but all of those numbers you just listed for Aj, DK and Hockenson are way above what most seemed to have expected from this class. Maybe we read things differently but everyone was saying how bad 2019 is and were making it sound like these rookies would have 300 yards total and 1 Td if we were lucky this season. I dont remember the top 5 guys from 2018 aside from barkley starting careers off like many of these 2019 guys have, especially the WRs.
I think you're exaggerating / misinterpreting. Nobody thought that the best rookie performers were going to have 300 total yards and 1 TD...if they thought that then those players wouldn't have had top 100 ADPs. The fact that most of the 1st round is struggling and that most of the rookies who are doing well are on track for good, not great numbers is fairly consistent with what we expected. By my count (going by August ADP), 8 of the top 12 picks have been somewhat underwhelming so far...so yeah if you had a 1st round pick that wasn't 1.01 there's a pretty good chance that you're not feeling great about your pick right now. That doesn't tell me that people were wrong to devalue 2019 1sts.

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper

jonniecakes
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jonniecakes » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:51 am

jenkins.math wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:59 am I would also add QB Jordan Love (Utah State) to your list. He is getting some first round buzz. They play LSU this weekend. Interested to see how he looks against that defense and secondary.
I didn't think he was gonna flop as bad as he did. I think the Jordan Love talk is gonna fizzle out soon.
Dynasty League Roster - 12-team league, 0.5 PPR, 18-player max +2 Rookies
QB Tannehill, Wentz, Fields
RB Taylor, Mixon, Fournette, Javonte Williams, Elijah Mitchell
WR Adams, Julio, Tee, Chase, Shenault, Dyami Brown, Nico Collins, Toney
TE Hockenson, Fant

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:54 am

Nanananananana wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:18 am
I think it’s weird Reagor is considered a super stud, he is averaging 45 yards a game this year including his rushing
"College Production" is just one factor, heavily dependent on a lot of things. Raegor is a better pro prospect.

jonniecakes
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jonniecakes » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:02 pm

I gotta agree here. Other than an above average start from Jacobs, no one is really making much noise. It is early in the season so maybe a couple of these guys (Montgomery, Sanders, DK) can up their production a bit. In general, I think passing on this draft was an overall good move. I wasn't too sold on this class and sold my first late last season. The 2020 draft on the other hand, is looking really REALLY good. First time I've been keeping up-to-date with these college guys and from what I see, it's looking really good in terms of top end talent and some really good talent all the way to the middle of round 2.
Dynasty League Roster - 12-team league, 0.5 PPR, 18-player max +2 Rookies
QB Tannehill, Wentz, Fields
RB Taylor, Mixon, Fournette, Javonte Williams, Elijah Mitchell
WR Adams, Julio, Tee, Chase, Shenault, Dyami Brown, Nico Collins, Toney
TE Hockenson, Fant

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:20 pm

Yeah I had 6 2019 1sts (1, 5, 8-10 and 12) and worked very hard to move as many of the picks as I could. Ended up with (oversimplifying a bit): Jacobs, Kupp, Deebo and 2 2020 1sts (1 mid-late, 1 late). Honestly think I chopped 1-2 years off my rebuild by doing that.

Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
Andrews, McBride, Engram

Kelce, Dissly, Hooper

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:18 am
Agreed in premise, but a great deal of his profile is traits+athleticism and they still pop despite the lagging production. Not sure I'd put him WR4 or better in this projected class, but he's worthy of the discussion for now.