DJ Chark

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: DJ Chark

Postby Ice » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:19 am

I value Chark highly because of his skill set.

His size to speed is uber elite. 4.34 speed with gear change ability is rare. I get production wise to date is on JuJu side but when it comes to pure game speed there is a huge difference between a 4.54 player and a 4.34 player.

To put Chark's speed in perspective he was a full yard faster than OBJ in the 40.
Tall, fast, solid hands, and an excellent double move are critical traits.

The fact he is producing at an elite level even faster than I thought is no doubt a bonus. Wish I owned him in more leagues.

I realize today, I am in the minority in stating I would not trade him for JuJu but my bet is long term I certainly won't be the only one. My take is this isn't a slight towards JuJu at all; It is compliment to Chark. These are very different player types with different skill sets.

Chark's production isn't a fluke and if anyone really studies his play and his routes they will come away impressed.

All arrows pointing up with this player.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:54 am

Just wondering if you were banging the Chark drum last year when he wasn't involved AT ALL. If so, I give you props. If not, then you are just jumping on the recent unexpected success. I for one was marginally high on Chark last year but he never got targets, never got meaningful play. He was on a defense first team with a run the ball mentality. Now..... He looks like who I thought I was drafting, but didn't have the time, patience, and roster space to let him mature.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RCS » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:29 am

JFever wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:54 am Just wondering if you were banging the Chark drum last year when he wasn't involved AT ALL. If so, I give you props. If not, then you are just jumping on the recent unexpected success. I for one was marginally high on Chark last year but he never got targets, never got meaningful play. He was on a defense first team with a run the ball mentality. Now..... He looks like who I thought I was drafting, but didn't have the time, patience, and roster space to let him mature.
:D I am.happy to say he was someone I liked before the NFL draft last year then I was even happier when the Jags drafted more so as a fan of the Jags. I got him in all 5 of my leagues and am so happy to see the production so far this year.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:54 am

JFever wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:54 am Just wondering if you were banging the Chark drum last year when he wasn't involved AT ALL. If so, I give you props. If not, then you are just jumping on the recent unexpected success. I for one was marginally high on Chark last year but he never got targets, never got meaningful play. He was on a defense first team with a run the ball mentality. Now..... He looks like who I thought I was drafting, but didn't have the time, patience, and roster space to let him mature.
Not sure about banging drums but I am simply laying out a few facts about his performance. My take on him coming out was he was a stud athlete with WR1 potential.

My basic rules when drafting WR's is they must show a skill set that equates to WR1 quality on my evaluation parameters.

I was actually banging the drum, as you say, louder for Gallup who I liked as the best WR in that class due to his back shoulder ability.

Not all of us are patient with WR's but I draft them based on 3 year windows because it simply takes them time. I put Chark on my BML rosters and just let him sit there much like Gallup who I own in most leagues.

His success doesn't surprise but I did figure it may take him a bit longer to learn the nuances of the game than just one season. I will say to all that think his success is fleeting should sit down and spend some time focusing on his play.

What is funny to me is players like Chark and DK get blown up or ignored even though they blew away the combine due to their body or work and perceived route running issues due to their size. The reality is athletic ability is not something you can really coach. Route running is something you can coach and players that come into this league are kids and do develop if they have the desire to be great to go along with athletic gifts.

Julio is a great example of a player who had production and ability so he went high but he is light years better today than he was coming into the league.

Someone mentioned LSU WR's..... Very good short statement. One has to look at talent ahead of college production and determine if that talent will translate.

If there is a band wagon for this player you better jump on it ASAP. He will get better as he grows into his role. He is killing coverage.

This week he will get one of the best DB's in the NFL in Lattimore who shuts down everyone so it will be a match up worth watching given Evans was completely snuffed out last week.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:07 pm

I didn't bang the Chark drum prior to this year. I actually got him off waivers after week 1. Sometimes best to be lucky.

That said, I don't care where someone had him last year in their ranks. Dude is balling out. If someone is just observing what's going on now, watching his play now, and realizing he has improved a ton and has potential to do so more, that's totally valid.

After 5 games you have to think that this is likely more than a flash in a pan. Not saying he won't regress, but that he has potential to develop into a very valuable WR.

Of course, if we go back to JuJu example, JuJu already IS a very valuable WR, and for those knocking JuJu I think Minshew is playing worlds better than Pitt QBs have been.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:06 pm

I wasn't banging drums, but I also don't bang drums on every single player I like. I thought this was possible, but the Jax pass game has been so putrid. Foles was drafted and Defilipo was signed as the OC so I definitely became more excited. I still wasn't full blown on board with the situation because there are a lot of talented guys on that team. I tried trading for him in one dynasty, but I'm now pissed I didn't push harder
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

BucFanJKE
Captain
Captain

Postby BucFanJKE » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:37 pm

After reading this thread I feel like I need to float some Chark for Juju offers out there lol.
Team 1-
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 2R, 2W, 1T, 3WRT)
QB- Watson, Dak, Richardson, Bennett, Zappe
RB- Javonte Williams, JHill, Dobbins, Achane, Gibson, Bigsby, Spears, Gainwell, Fournette, CPatt
WR- Chase, Lamb, London, Pittman, MT, QJ, Bateman, Jamo, OBJ, Skyy
TE- Freiermuth, Kincaid, Chig, Fant, Musgrave, Woods, Bellinger
2024: 1st, 2nd, 4th

Team 2-
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Kyler, Stroud
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gibbs, JT, Breece Hall, Kamara, Gibson, 4nette
WR: Diggs, Hill, AJB, Aiyuk, London, JSN, Hollywood, M.Mims, Meyers, Shaheed
TE: Kelce, Kyle Pitts, Dulcich, Logan Thomas
2024: 2 1st (one top 3), 4th

Team 3- (Adopted Dumpster Orphan)
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: J. Allen, Dak, Young
RB: Gibbs, Hall, J. Cook, Warren, Bigsby, K. Mitchell, Dobbins, D. Cook,
WR: Lamb, Wilson, Olave, Higgins, London, JSN, Bateman, Wan'Dale, Z. Jones, Hyatt
TE: Kittle, Kincaid, Woods, Likely
2024: 2 1st (one top 2), 3rd, 4th

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:44 pm

BucFanJKE wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:37 pm After reading this thread I feel like I need to float some Chark for Juju offers out there lol.
I think you should definitely try.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:04 am

Ice wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:54 am This week he will get one of the best DB's in the NFL in Lattimore who shuts down everyone so it will be a match up worth watching given Evans was completely snuffed out last week.
Lattimore has actually been pretty bad this year, and large parts of last year too. He's always played well against Evans though, so last week was no surprise.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:17 am

TheNuts wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:44 pm
BucFanJKE wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:37 pm After reading this thread I feel like I need to float some Chark for Juju offers out there lol.
I actually did exactly this in one league. That exact trade proposal.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:01 am

jman3134 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:17 am
How did it go?
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:05 am

I'm starting Chark over JuJu.

JuJu only gets back in my lineup if Adams or Evans can't go.

I STILL believe long term in JuJu and still value him over Chark (by a lot), but Pitt offense is baaaaaad right now. This will probably blow up in my face as soon as this week, but I have to shake things up...

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:41 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:01 am

How did it go?
Didn't take the bait - unfortunately. :lol: :lol:
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:26 pm

jman3134 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:41 am
jetsfan5757 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:01 am

How did it go?
Didn't take the bait - unfortunately. :lol: :lol:
:lol: Color me surprised... :wink:

Trade partner probably just posted in bad trade offers 2019 thread. :lol:

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:58 am

I liked Chark coming out but expected to wait a year or two for production. Tried to buy everywhere I didn't draft during this off-season but no one would bite. Kind of makes me think many owners felt he was going to produce but, like me, weren't willing to lay down the offers that were needed to acquire because he hadn't done anything yet.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton