The Duke: A Fantasy Darling?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

The Duke: A Fantasy Darling?

Postby jman3134 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:44 am

Any shot at relevance after supplanting Zay Jones in the starting lineup? His speed is still slow, but he is a physical receiver who perhaps could get more looks moving forward. I'm bidding this week in my deep league. Worth a shot in the dark.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: The Duke: A Fantasy Darling?

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:02 am

Who?

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:13 am

Duke Williams on the Bills. He was called up this week and had a nice debut. In deeper leagues, I think he is worth a look.
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
K:

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:22 am

Hard to see him sustaining anything long term.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:31 am

Longer term, I think I agree due to his poor speed profile. For now, though, he seems to have a potential role with Zay Jones underwhelming.
K:

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:34 pm

Why you trying to steal my thunder??!! I suppose there is room on this hype train and as Captain, here is a ticket for your good faith. In all reality, I do not see him as much for fantasy purposes, but they really needed a big body for RZ/Chain moving, and he did that yesterday. All his receptions were either a first down or a td, which happened to be the game-winner. Only 4 targets and he caught all 4, but he did look comfortable out there. Josh did have his best game this year so far and was actually throwing the ball away/taking sacks as opposed to forcing it like he has been for a quarter or half in each game this year. Tennessee is a tough defense and not an easy game to be your first action in. With an extra bye week to get in some reps, then Miami coming to town, maybe he will get some extra looks with (hopefully) not as much pressure in an easier matchup. He will be very TD dependent, not the greatest full ppr guy.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:47 pm

He led the CFL in receiving yards last year. Worth a look.

I added him in all my deep leagues just prior to kickoff when I saw he was elevated to the roster.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:48 pm

I was skeptical given his mediocre play in the preseason and speed concerns. But, he looked good yesterday.
K:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:59 am

Honestly I thought this was going to be a Duke Johnson thread ;) - not sure how fantasy relevant Duke Williams will be but he should at least have a chance at a useful role with the Bills going forward. Definitely worth a pickup, league & roster size dependant.

Update - Duke just went for $200 in 1 leagues waivers.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:48 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:59 am Honestly I thought this was going to be a Duke Johnson thread ;) - not sure how fantasy relevant Duke Williams will be but he should at least have a chance at a useful role with the Bills going forward. Definitely worth a pickup, league & roster size dependant.

Update - Duke just went for $200 in 1 leagues waivers.
Out of how much? I hope at least $1,000
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

dynasty12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynasty12 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:11 am

I love him.

"I'm a first rounder on the field but a seventh rounder off the field."

I've owned him on and off over the years, of course he happened to have a good game one of the weeks I didn't have him on my roster, and I was outbid in every league for him. He was a beast at Auburn. He almost made the Jeff Fisher Rams right out of school after taking the year off of football, he was part of the last cuts. I think he will be something, and at least part of the reason they moved on from Zay.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:36 am

It was an impressive debut against a good defense. They already have a speed guy in Brown on the outside. Duke opens up the game over the middle and in the redzone. I bid $31 out of an annual $100 waiver budget to secure my guy. Our waivers are very deep so there really are only a few breakout guys per year and I have conserved so far this season (also picked up a lot of speculative guys for free).
K:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:45 am

I don't see anything happening.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:53 am

This thread is ignoring that John Brown is comfortably the #1 WR in Buffalo this season, with Cole Beasley behind him as the #2. Jones only had 18 targets in 5 games.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:55 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:53 am This thread is ignoring that John Brown is comfortably the #1 WR in Buffalo this season, with Cole Beasley behind him as the #2. Jones only had 18 targets in 5 games.
I don't think so. A team can support more than one fantasy WR. No one's saying he's going to take over in Buffalo, just that he's worth a stab.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.