More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:59 am

I would also add QB Jordan Love (Utah State) to your list. He is getting some first round buzz. They play LSU this weekend. Interested to see how he looks against that defense and secondary.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:17 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:59 am I would also add QB Jordan Love (Utah State) to your list. He is getting some first round buzz. They play LSU this weekend. Interested to see how he looks against that defense and secondary.
Yeah, I was going to mention him as well.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:21 pm

lanemitchell96 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:33 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:24 am Fromm should be added to the QB's. He's a better NFL prospect than Hurts. He's up there behind Tua and Herbert. Herbert was considered by many to be the top QB prospect last year before deciding to stay in school. Don't let Fromm's numbers fool you. Georgia QB's rarely put up gaudy numbers, but he's considered a top end QB prospect by quite a few people. He may not declare, however. It really depends on a few things. Right now he's in the first round discussion by most.
I'll definitely have to look more into Fromm. What are some of his biggest strengths? I admittedly don't watch Georgia too often.
Don't just take my word for it. Here's a list of his strengths from a draft site. I agree with most of it. I also saw him make a great throw vs ND rolling out to his right when the play broke down. So he can throw on the run when he has to.

https://www.draftblaster.com/2020-nfl-d ... b-georgia/
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Awesome I'll definitely do some more research on Fromm and check out Love a bit more too. Thanks guys!
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L

alex33
Starter
Starter

Postby alex33 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:15 am

Taylor once again dominated, Dobbins had a good game against a good defense and showed some long speed which was considerd a weakness( https://mobile.twitter.com/jkdobbins22) We even had a reagor sighting scoring showing his athleticism on his two receiveing touchdowns.
https://mobile.twitter.com/thejalenreagor
starting requirements- 1QB, 2RB, RB/WR, 3WR, WR/TE, TE
10 team league, PPR, 1 point for every 10 completions
QB- Newton, Freeman,
RB- Foster,Mccoy , Doug Martin and David Wilson
WR- AJ Green, Calvin Johnson ,Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, Denarius Moore
Te Ed Dickson
team 2
2 ppr, ten teams
starting lineup requirements
roster Requirements 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 TM
Totals 20: 11 Starters, 9 Bench, +4 IR
QBs Colin Kaepernick,Michael Vick,Josh Freeman
rbs Darren Sproles, Jamaal Charles, Lamar Miller, LaMichael James,Ronnie Hillman
wrs, Calvin Johnson,Michael Crabtree ,Kendall Wright,Malcom Floyd,Vincent Jackson
TE Jimmy Graham, Kyle Rudolph
Defense Houston Texans

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:38 am

Any Michael Pittman love? :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:43 pm

hoos89 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:20 pm Yeah, people forget but Treadwell was considered 1.01 in that class for a while.

Also fair points on Etienne above. Maybe I'll revise my tier 1 to Jeudy and Swift for now.
He was a great college WR, just wasn't a great athlete. Such a weird class, Zeke, then 3 straight busts, then Michael Thomas ends up being a monster, ditto Will Fuller when he's on the field, then almost nothing but pot holes. The '16 class in general was like the RB classes of '09-'14 as a whole, just horrific.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:58 pm

dmac37 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:49 pm
Needalife wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:02 pm Well, Travis Etienne is doing his part tonight. Absolutely electric. I’ll accept that it’s Georgia Tech, but the speed and explosion is in full display.

Additionally, Tee Higgins is looking smooth and dominant at times. He’s definite mid to late 1st next year.

Bonus... for you IDPers, keep an eye on Isaiah Simmons. That guy can fly and is a strong tackler.
Taking a look at your roster I must admit, wow this roster is really weak, then I saw all your 1st round draft picks for 2020. I'm riding high now but may need to rebuild in 3 years or so, what did it take to acquire all those 1st round picks?
Not speaking for him, but rather for myself, I tend to try to accumulate futures 2 years in advance, and then 18 months. It's so much harder to get future firsts for known good classes after that unless you're blowing up a roster for a rebuild, you can still do it, if you trade down in talent and demand a first in a part of a deal, but usually that's high risk because to make it attractive enough, you have to be asking for an obvious seeming talent downgrade in the present.

For me:
Apex: 3 '20 firsts (1 acquired in a package along w/the '19 1.06 for Guice and Michel, the other acquired for Luck in a package back in July) This is a rebuild.

Benchwarmers: 1: I'm 4-1 in that league.

Doom and Gloom: 3 (blowing up roster) via trades this offseason and in season.

Latecomers: 3 (blowing up the roster): acquired in the '18 and '19 offseason.

Pooch: 2: 4-1: Acquired a 2nd 1st this weekend in a package deal.

Shire: 2: In a start up this year, traded down and acquired a '20 1st in a deal. Productive Struggle, built my WR core first (a strategy I have in productive struggle-get my WR's and TE's early, my RB's once Im ready to compete: via rookie drafts).

Throttle: 1: 3-2 in that league

Trade Monger: 2: 3-2 in that league. Acquired pick via June trade.

Whitewater: 2: #2 seed last year, hurt by injuries this year but should bounce back. Acquired that extra first in the '18 offseason.

Hashmarks: 2: Unfortunately I acquired a pick from a very good team, so right now we are the #1 and #3 playoff seeds. Acquired this summer.

RSO Laptops: 2: Acquired a 2nd 1st in the spring of '18.

RSO Exotic: 1

Duo: 2: Acquired a 2nd 1st in spring of '18.

Looking over it, it's a pretty even mix of trades in the spring and summer of '18, and trades completed this year and this fall. I don't wait until the months before, I typically only trade down or out in the lead up to a rookie draft unless I see someone worth moving up for (I did move picks to move up in two separate drafts to guarantee I got Miles Sanders).

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:39 am

Raegor and Ruggs are both in a tier for me behind Jeudy and Ceedee. They are speed demons with good WR skills. I just think Jeudy and Ceedee have elite WR skills already, and are fast af to boot.

What does everyone think of JK Dobbins? He is tearing it up this year and looking good too. Still can't put him ahead of Akers but got him a solid RB5 overall and a Day 2 pick. Would love to see Kansas City draft him in the 3rd for his speed and receiving ability. Pretty good balance too. Size is perfect.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 am

Everybody sleeping on Tylan Wallace. Have no clue how he’s not considered a top 3 WR. Yes he’s playing at Oklahoma State, but even then with his dominance over the 3 years he’s been at OSU it’s tough to ignore. Great hands/contested catch ability and above average college speed. His production analytics are ridiculous and should 100% be a 1st/2nd NFL Draft Pick barring some ungodly bad combine.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:53 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:39 am Raegor and Ruggs are both in a tier for me behind Jeudy and Ceedee. They are speed demons with good WR skills. I just think Jeudy and Ceedee have elite WR skills already, and are fast af to boot.
Where's Laviska Shenault for you? Seems like everyone's gone quiet on him - whereas he was as high as the #2 WR in the offseason (behind Jeudy)

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:03 am

mild wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:53 pm
Lord_Varys wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:39 am Raegor and Ruggs are both in a tier for me behind Jeudy and Ceedee. They are speed demons with good WR skills. I just think Jeudy and Ceedee have elite WR skills already, and are fast af to boot.
Where's Laviska Shenault for you? Seems like everyone's gone quiet on him - whereas he was as high as the #2 WR in the offseason (behind Jeudy)
I am surprised there hasn't been much mention of Shenault in this thread. I certainly wouldn't mind if he slipped to a late 1st or, god forbid, a early 2nd. :pray: I have him as a top 4 WR in this class. I've liked what I've seen of him to this point and have yet to pick up on any faults in his game.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:14 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 am Everybody sleeping on Tylan Wallace. Have no clue how he’s not considered a top 3 WR. Yes he’s playing at Oklahoma State, but even then with his dominance over the 3 years he’s been at OSU it’s tough to ignore. Great hands/contested catch ability and above average college speed. His production analytics are ridiculous and should 100% be a 1st/2nd NFL Draft Pick barring some ungodly bad combine.
LOVE Tylan Wallace. Have him in my top 3 WR
FF4L

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:35 am

Seems to be a lot of focus on the very top of this class, which makes me feel it is top heavy and not deep? Is this accurate? Will i be able to find guys in the 2nd round that may work out? I have one first that could be anywhere from 1.02-1.06 but then i have 2 seconds.

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:41 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:35 am Seems to be a lot of focus on the very top of this class, which makes me feel it is top heavy and not deep? Is this accurate? Will i be able to find guys in the 2nd round that may work out? I have one first that could be anywhere from 1.02-1.06 but then i have 2 seconds.
I've been tracking/scouting 10 QBs, 20 RBs, 24 WRs and 7 TEs so far. It looks to be a pretty solid class all around but obviously we never know how guys will pan out
FF4L