Trade Agreement

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dougw060
Role Player
Role Player

Trade Agreement

Postby dougw060 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:48 pm

I have a bit of a weird situation. I agreed to a trade this morning and about 7 hours later the other owner is asking if we can undo it because he didn't think it through all the way.

It was a smaller deal and it was not a situation where a button was mis-clicked and a player was forgotten to be added.

Would you guys reverse it or stick with it?
Last edited by dougw060 on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm in too many leagues to list them here :wave:

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Trade Agreement

Postby steelman » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:00 pm

I would reverse it, but I play with friends so I don't really see any reason to be too crazy about things. But then again, I don't know the time frames. How long after did he request to reverse it? A couple hours and I'd say yes. Anything over that and I'd have to question if they only want to reverse it because they read something new about one of the players. That's not okay.

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:03 pm

dougw060 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:48 pm I have a bit of a weird situation. I agreed to a trade this morning and about an hour ago the other owner is asking if we can undo it because he didn't think it through all the way.

It was a smaller deal and it was not a situation where a button was mis-clicked and a player was forgotten to be added.

Would you guys reverse it or stick with it?
Yeah, depends on whether or not this is with friends or strangers. For me, a gap of most of a day is honestly too long. For all you know, another league owner hit him up and told him that he would have given him a better deal. If it's friends, maybe you undo it but agree that either the deal will be reworked or he agrees not to trade players involved in your deal until next week.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:05 pm

For the sake of competition I would say no, a deal is a deal. I’ve had deals go through mid game when the guy I was receiving got hurt. If the trade offer is proposed it should be fair game and if it’s accepted it shouldn’t get reversed unless there’s collusion.

Maybe that’s just me.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

dougw060
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dougw060 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:09 pm

steelman wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:00 pm I would reverse it, but I play with friends so I don't really see any reason to be too crazy about things. But then again, I don't know the time frames. How long after did he request to reverse it? A couple hours and I'd say yes. Anything over that and I'd have to question if they only want to reverse it because they read something new about one of the players. That's not okay.
It was about 7 hours after the deal was accepted.
I'm in too many leagues to list them here :wave:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:21 pm

Slackalacker wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:05 pm For the sake of competition I would say no, a deal is a deal. I’ve had deals go through mid game when the guy I was receiving got hurt. If the trade offer is proposed it should be fair game and if it’s accepted it shouldn’t get reversed unless there’s collusion.

Maybe that’s just me.
Agreed. It was not accidental. Don't send it if you haven't thought it through. I've had it where they guy immediately realized he checked a wrong box or something like that, and have reversed it, but if he's just having second thoughts, I'd say no. Not a good precedent to set. Might teach him something, too.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:29 pm

No. 7 hours is too long for it to be a mistake on his behalf, so therefore it’s a case of a change of heart or a better offer from another owner who saw the trade and then said words of along the lines ‘You should have shopped him around, I’d have given you more...’

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:35 pm

95dent wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:29 pm No. 7 hours is too long for it to be a mistake on his behalf, so therefore it’s a case of a change of heart or a better offer from another owner who saw the trade and then said words of along the lines ‘You should have shopped him around, I’d have given you more...’
Exactly this. I'v made trades where people have said that to me. I actually made a trade to get the player back because of what a person told me they would have given me. I did the work, dammit. Guy who traded the player back to me was actually a bit jealous of the return I got after he traded him back to me, but wasn't upset. Tell him the trade stands in your case.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:40 pm

To many times i see the owner reverse then make a different trade. Gotta stand or have them agree to not move the guy for a few weeks or something.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:47 pm

I would probably not do it after that much time elapsed.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:42 am

I wouldn't feel obligated, kind of depends on the players involved. If it was bench/depth type players, I'd probably reverse it. If I got a flier or under the radar type guy I was high on, I'd keep him or work out a different trade
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:44 am

If it went through, it stands.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:01 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:35 pm
95dent wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:29 pm No. 7 hours is too long for it to be a mistake on his behalf, so therefore it’s a case of a change of heart or a better offer from another owner who saw the trade and then said words of along the lines ‘You should have shopped him around, I’d have given you more...’
Exactly this. I'v made trades where people have said that to me. I actually made a trade to get the player back because of what a person told me they would have given me. I did the work, dammit. Guy who traded the player back to me was actually a bit jealous of the return I got after he traded him back to me, but wasn't upset. Tell him the trade stands in your case.
Exactly this.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:03 am

What was the trade, I'm just a curious person
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:55 am

Its up the two parties involved. If both parties agree to the trade back then fine, if not, the trade stands.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07