Week 5 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Week 5 Discussion

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:36 am

Week 5 kicking off tonight, what's everyone looking for this week?

Biggest thing I'm keeping an eye on is incredibly Saquon Barkley, looks like there's a small chance he plays. Most likely he doesn't, but he's clearly going to be back a lot sooner than the initial projections. The dude is a freak of nature, but obviously a little concerned they are rushing him back. We shall see.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Week 5 Discussion

Postby Valhalla » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:10 am

I'm mostly curious to see if the Steelers continue to run a lot of wildcat, or even just continue to move Samuels around on the field. It was fun to see Conner and Samuels out there together.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:56 am

I'm excited to see the MNF game between the Browns and the 49ers:

Browns - Offense looked much better last week, Higgins / Callaway returning to the lineup, I expect a big game for Baker / OBJ.

49ers - If Coleman returns, what happens to that backfield? How does the WR rotation shake out after the bye? Is that team actually as good as their record?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:15 am

Fingers crossed we see a lot of penny (and he looks good) since he got some extra rest compared to Carson on a short turn around.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:22 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:15 am Fingers crossed we see a lot of penny (and he looks good) since he got some extra rest compared to Carson on a short turn around.
Yeah, I have my doubts in a tough divisional game, although he has done well vs the Rams. I thought last week was the week he could have made a push, but then he didn't play. Instead Carson got a full workload and produced against a bad Arizona D, held onto the ball and got back into Carroll's good books.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:10 pm

Look forward to seeing if any of my younger depth/bench role players do anything.

As for tonight excited to see Carson/Penny. Also excited for Sunday's 1pm slate - every single one of my opponent's starters this week plays at 1pm! That'll be something.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:37 pm

This is the least interested in the football season I have been in a long time.
I honestly don't know what it is, I used to be excited for the upcoming games and to watch things unfold - I'm just not at this point.
I've only even really watched any games on 2 of the Sundays so far.

There have been some great games (ie. Lions vs Chiefs last week) - but there just doesn't seem to be any exciting dynamics this year. It's more of the same, to me.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:42 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:37 pm This is the least interested in the football season I have been in a long time.
I honestly don't know what it is, I used to be excited for the upcoming games and to watch things unfold - I'm just not at this point.

There have been some great games (ie. Lions vs Chiefs last week) - but there just doesn't seem to be any exciting dynamics this year. It's more of the same, to me.
I agree with you ... not sure why. I think it’s all the flags & the general crappy play by offenses.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:49 pm

I'm looking to see if Steelers take the training wheels off Mason so I can start Juju again.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:01 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:42 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:37 pm This is the least interested in the football season I have been in a long time.

I agree with you ... not sure why. I think it’s all the flags & the general crappy play by offenses.
The pass interference being challengable is the worst rule change ever. Dungey was right to say it was going to be a horror show at the the start of the year, especially because both offense and defense could challenge it, Hail Mary plays included. Which is insane!

It messes up the game pace and flow to the point it's often unwatchable - so many of these challenge flags shouldn't even be thrown, especially offensive ones. Not to mention, these tend to take a long time to review because of their often subjective nature. Like holding, you could probably call minor pass interference on almost every play.

Such a new and terrible part of the game - hopefully they trash it next year. One truly horrible playoffs call shouldn't force us to suffer through the other 99% of what use to be insignificant and always-somewhat subjective pass interference / no-calls.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:20 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:56 am I'm excited to see the MNF game between the Browns and the 49ers:

Browns - Offense looked much better last week, Higgins / Callaway returning to the lineup, I expect a big game for Baker / OBJ.

49ers - If Coleman returns, what happens to that backfield? How does the WR rotation shake out after the bye? Is that team actually as good as their record?
I suspect the Niners will contain Chubb and be getting to Mayfield a fair bit. The Niners have been top 5 in yards per play and top ten in points per game and turnovers (even with a game less than most teams). I get that part of that is due to the underwhelming group of teams that they’ve played so far, but Cleveland’s pass blocking is questionable and they’re really only managed to get going against the Ravens, who are in the bottom half of the league in all those categories.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:44 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:01 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:42 pm

The pass interference being challengable is the worst rule change ever. Dungey was right to say it was going to be a horror show at the the start of the year, especially because both offense and defense could challenge it, Hail Mary plays included. Which is insane!

It messes up the game pace and flow to the point it's often unwatchable - so many of these challenge flags shouldn't even be thrown, especially offensive ones. Not to mention, these tend to take a long time to review because of their often subjective nature. Like holding, you could probably call minor pass interference on almost every play.

Such a new and terrible part of the game - hopefully they trash it next year. One truly horrible playoffs call shouldn't force us to suffer through the other 99% of what use to be insignificant and always-somewhat subjective pass interference / no-calls.
I agree it's a dumb rule and was a massive over reaction to the NFC Title game. It's never going to be challenged on a Hail Mary though, because those only happen at the end of the half, and coaches can't challenge in the last 2 minutes.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:48 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:22 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:15 am Fingers crossed we see a lot of penny (and he looks good) since he got some extra rest compared to Carson on a short turn around.
Yeah, I have my doubts in a tough divisional game, although he has done well vs the Rams. I thought last week was the week he could have made a push, but then he didn't play. Instead Carson got a full workload and produced against a bad Arizona D, held onto the ball and got back into Carroll's good books.
Agreed, but Carson doesn't have the game breaking play ability like penny. He fits the 1970s offensive playbook better, but Penny is always a big play threat, and the Hawks might need a few big plays tonight
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:41 pm

Could we please see some Penny? Tired of Carson ahead of him

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:43 pm

As a hawks fan it seems pretty evident that seeing Penny take over a starting role is a pipe dream barring any sort of injury. Carson, while not great, personifies what the Seahawks style of gameplay is, Penny is very talented but he is wasted on this system.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau