Players you wish were in a better situation

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Players you wish were in a better situation

Postby kadun2 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:12 am

TheMavericks wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:17 pm Kareem Hunt! I still believe.....
:thumbup: me too!

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:58 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:04 am
kmbryant09 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:29 am But catching the ball out of the backfield? Well, see my earlier post. There's no reason he should be getting any real volume in the passing game at the expense of Lindsay.
other than for mixing it up to keep the opponent's D wondering.
Yes, I'm all about a lack of predictability on offense.

As a Broncos fan, I can't tell you how frustrating it is to see Freeman get an entire series to himself with the team in a 2:00 minute drill. Or when they're down by 14+ points in the 4th quarter, and running WR screens to Freeman who is split out-wide. It boggles my mind and hurts my brain.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:13 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:58 am Yes, I'm all about a lack of predictability on offense.

As a Broncos fan, I can't tell you how frustrating it is to see Freeman get an entire series to himself with the team in a 2:00 minute drill. Or when they're down by 14+ points in the 4th quarter, and running WR screens to Freeman who is split out-wide. It boggles my mind and hurts my brain.
can't say i have watched much of the broncos so far this season, but yeah i totally get that.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:07 pm

Call me crazy, but Derrick Henry also comes to mind. I love the volume and that they finally committed to him, but imagine him in an offense where they couldn't stack the box against him...

It could be worse, and I'm definitely happy with the year so far, but one can dream of a perfect situation...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:10 pm

I think I remember reading that Freeman has been significantly better in pass pro? That might be why he is seeing more passing down work?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:31 am

I was going to say AJ Brown, but I see a lot of people saying Corey Davis around here. I'd love to see Davis go somewhere else too, so he could be a viable WR2 on another team with a QB who can support that.

I will say I'd like to see SB in a better situation until recently, but Daniel Jones may fix that. Perhaps a competent QB will help unleash Barkley to even loftier heights than his rookie year?

There are literally so many to mention, and situations are ever changing, I find this thread kind on silly, as basically everyone on our FF teams that isn't producing the way we want, we can mention.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:08 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:56 am Too many to to list but all of my players performing badly.

The two players I am starting to be concerned with are D. Hopkins and OBJ. Neither are showing much consistency but at this point the Line play of both teams are mostly to blame.
Hopkins has been at the top of the food chain for a few years now. With mostly the same team now he needs a better situation? Come on.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:14 pm

TheNuts wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:08 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:56 am Too many to to list but all of my players performing badly.

The two players I am starting to be concerned with are D. Hopkins and OBJ. Neither are showing much consistency but at this point the Line play of both teams are mostly to blame.
Hopkins has been at the top of the food chain for a few years now. With mostly the same team now he needs a better situation? Come on.
Both players have no excuse compare to the rest of the league. If they aren't performing, perhaps there is a shift in who the best WR's are. Hopkins is a better route runner than Dez, but plays a relentless physical style the way Dez did. Is it possible he is suffering an early decline, as a very physical WR who was not considered an elite athlete? Perhaps. It's also possible it's just a lull, but that is a concern for Hopkins. He could already have hit his peak, it's quite possible. It could all be downhill statistically from here. In fact, compared to the last few years, that's probably more likely than not.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:21 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:14 pm
TheNuts wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:08 pm

Both players have no excuse compare to the rest of the league. If they aren't performing, perhaps there is a shift in who the best WR's are. Hopkins is a better route runner than Dez, but plays a relentless physical style the way Dez did. Is it possible he is suffering an early decline, as a very physical WR who was not considered an elite athlete? Perhaps. It's also possible it's just a lull, but that is a concern for Hopkins. He could already have hit his peak, it's quite possible. It could all be downhill statistically from here. In fact, compared to the last few years, that's probably more likely than not.
Yeah I own both Hopkins & OBJ and I echo this. Dez is a great comp for Hopkins now that you mention it .

Though for OBJ, it could be his hip issue.

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Players in bad situations now to target for 2020

Postby Wizard » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:12 pm

Just wanted everyone's thoughts on players that you think you should be able to get on the cheap now that will be free agents at the end of the season. The key is you expect they will be much more valuable in 2020 then they are now (hopefully because they will be in a much better situation for 2020). I'm thinking Kenyan Drake for example, if he can stay healthy and get on a good team he could be worth a lot more that he is now. Or players that you think might be traded this year and will most likely move to a much better situation, like Devante Parker (no, I'm not picking on Miami lol). The point of this is to identify players that can be picked up for much less now then they will be worth in 2020. Remember, buy low, sell high.

Who do you think should be targeted now for next season?
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Players in bad situations now to target for 2020

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:18 pm

Don't all fit your criteria, but:

JuJu
Kareem Hunt
Corey Davis (yeah, maybe I'm crazy)
Ricky Seals Jones
Guice (injury)

Don't think his situation improves, but some might mention Melvin Gordon
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:18 pm

Hunt, if traded to another team could become a RB1 again and value is at an all time low now. But it's a gamble, at least he has proved in the past that he's capable.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:32 pm

A.J. Brown

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:06 pm

I'd like to get Hunt but I think most owners think the same way you do so they won't give him up cheap. Everyone is waiting to see what happens after the season ends, at least that would be the smart thing to do. A.J is a good target, someone I may take a shot at.

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:09 pm

Deebo Samuel might be a good target, he hasn't done much