Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MyTeamsTerrible
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby MyTeamsTerrible » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:36 pm

Such a small sample size.

He just happens to be the one Lamars missing on.

Those numbers will even up by years end.

Hes so high, because hes proven already that he can do things that other receivers in that class may take 2-3 years to show us. Even when they play Miami or other bad defenses.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:41 pm

I thought he was a future stud coming out with countless posts on this player and while many were down on him I wasn’t the only one high on him.

I drafted him with pretty high picks in every league. I am quite happy about it to date. First round in all drafts with one here even before the NFL draft. Don’t think I reached at all.

His target rate is even higher than I predicted (100) and he is going to have an outstanding season for a rookie WR barring injury.

This player is only scratching the surface. I compared him to a cross between T Hill and A Brown as a talent.

Looks like a near lock as a future Stud.

I have seen nothing at this point to even think of pulling back on that prediction.

His tape to date is outstanding. Consistent Production should follow.

FYI, I didn’t even draft him for this year but drafted him based on his potential as he learns and acclimates to the pro game in year 2 and beyond.

This kid Oozes potential rarely seen at the WR position.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:24 am

Vcize wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:26 pm
Phaded wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:58 pm Players have up and down games.
Honestly, I swear most of you play daily football and not dynasty football.
This seems misplaced, even backwards.

Hollywood basically has one great half of football against a horrible and unprepared defense and then 3.5 games of borderline league worst efficiency since. Yet he has vaulted in value and there are a dozen+ guys who were being drafted 2-5 full rounds ahead of him before that you can't trade for him straight up now.

I'm not here to try and tear the guy down, like I said he's my most owned player in FF because I was high on him prior to the season. I just find it interesting that so many people that were down on him coming into the league now value him so highly when he has mostly been pretty ineffective as an NFL player since those first couple passes against the tankathon.

He's shown some nice promise and has massive upside but it just seems like people have jumped 3 steps ahead here and are treating him like he already broke out and all those concerns they had about him before are quashed.
The bulk of your stance boils down to catch rate, which is an awful stat to evaluate WR's with unless you're talking about catchable targets.

I don't think anyone is treating Brown like he's already broken out. I think people are beginning to treat him like the talent that he is instead of acting like he's J.J. Nelson. The issues people were concerned about that made him a discount (LisFranc, size) have NOT been issues.

vflgladiators
Captain
Captain

Postby vflgladiators » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:26 am

Maybe his efficiency issues are because he's so fast that Lamar is struggling to hit him in stride? :think:
Team 1
12 team. PPR. 6pts all TDs. Long TD bonus. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Sam Howell, Kyle Trask
RBs: Rhamondre Stevenson, Keaontay Ingram, Kyren Williams, Isaiah Spiller
WR/TEs: Jahan Dotson, Kyle Pitts, Diontae Johnson, Elijah Moore, Rashod Bateman, John Metchie
K: Carlson, Boswell
DST: Patriots, Steelers
Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, 1.9, 1.11, 2.4, 3.1
2019 Champ

Team 2
12 Team Superflex. PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 1K, 1Def
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Howell, Brissett, Darnold
RBs: Kamara, Mattison, L. Murray, Fournette
WRs: Chase, Diontae Johnson, Toney, Dortch
TEs: Kelce, Dulcich, Juwan Johnson, Ertz
Ks: Tucker
DST: Colts, Jaguars
Picks: 1.8, 3.9
2022 Champ

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:01 am

If Marquise Brown misses this weeks game I would not be surprised if this gives ammo to the owners who have concern about his ability to stay healthy enough to play in the NFL. The good news is that this will give him 2 weeks to rest (since they have a bye in W8). I personally am not saying he is an injury concern, just noting that I am aware that some owners do devalue players that they cannot trust to be healthy on a week to week basis to actually get into the lineup - (ie like a Watkins or Fuller*)

And for owners that like stats, after this week Brown could be behind (or already is) the following rookie WRs in yardage - despite having one of the best 2 game starts:

McLaurin
Metcalf
Hardman
AJ Brown
Preston Brown

Basically

(a) if you own Marquise Brown you may expect more low ball offers headed your way
or
(b) if you want to own Marquise Brown you may have a window to buy him from some dynasty owners

I do not think long term that there should be any adjustment to where he is valued - strictly speaking short term since plenty of owners are very quick to react.

* - I am comfortable owning both Watkins & Fuller
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:35 am

I've been impressed with the limited tape I've watched of him so far in the NFL. I'm a buyer.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:53 pm

Wasn’t the whole knock injury concerns ?
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:53 pm

Tvols wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:53 pm Wasn’t the whole knock injury concerns ?
and weighing 125lbs

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:25 am

Yes, for Lisfranc. This has nothing to do with it though. Players are going to get injured regardless of profile

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:40 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:25 am
Yes, for Lisfranc. This has nothing to do with it though. Players are going to get injured regardless of profile
Wow a logical post from someone on this board. Good job. Brown has missed two games and will be back week 9. The list of players who have missed at least two games is already enormous. This kind of injury doesnt really matter, its the chronic hamstring (fuller) or knee (gurley, Michel) issues that people can use to devalue players. Remember when Keenan Allen missed almost two full years due to two totally random and unrelated injuries causing him to get discounted when he shouldnt have been? This injury is more on the terms of that. He caught a great TD in the last game he was in and if he played the whole thing would have ended up with a nice fantasy day. Lets not overreact.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:13 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:40 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:25 am
Wow a logical post from someone on this board. Good job. Brown has missed two games and will be back week 9. The list of players who have missed at least two games is already enormous. This kind of injury doesnt really matter, its the chronic hamstring (fuller) or knee (gurley, Michel) issues that people can use to devalue players. Remember when Keenan Allen missed almost two full years due to two totally random and unrelated injuries causing him to get discounted when he shouldnt have been? This injury is more on the terms of that. He caught a great TD in the last game he was in and if he played the whole thing would have ended up with a nice fantasy day. Lets not overreact.
Actually so far no one has overreacted imo. I have suggested that some owners in dynasty might either overreact or that they might test to see if you'll overreact - but so far none of those have posted on this forum. :)

We will eventually find out if this is a reason for concern, or if it is, like Cameron Giles said, par for the course in the NFL. Because there have been past injury concerns re: a player, it is always natural for many owners to react to any subsequent injury that player has. Personally I see nothing long term that should be cause for concern re: Marquise Brown.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:18 am

I thought the knock was Lamar Jackson? Why else would the consensus top WR prospect fall so far in fantasy drafts if not for situation?
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:21 am

PR0v3 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:18 am I thought the knock was Lamar Jackson? Why else would the consensus top WR prospect fall so far in fantasy drafts if not for situation?
Exactly. It was lamar and in general the ravens offense for having a perception of being a bad offense.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:52 am

Knowing what we know now so far, how would you guys have the rookie WRs ranked if you drafted today?

My biased, possibly overreaction take on the top 10:

Hollywood
Terry
AJB
DK
Harry
Preston
Deebo
Parris
Hardman
JJAW
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:13 pm

Life of Pablo wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:52 am Knowing what we know now so far, how would you guys have the rookie WRs ranked if you drafted today?

My biased, possibly overreaction take on the top 10:

Hollywood
Terry
AJB
DK
Harry
Preston
Deebo
Parris
Hardman
JJAW
Terry