JAYLEN

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MyTeamsTerrible
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

JAYLEN

Postby MyTeamsTerrible » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:05 pm

Finally. They let the kid play and he BALLS OUT!

Team never lost a step with him in last year.

Which has been leading me to ask, why in the hell is Conner one of a few 3 down backs!??? :whistle:

20 touches outta nowhere! Atta boy Jay!
Last edited by MyTeamsTerrible on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MyTeamsTerrible
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: JAYLEN

Postby MyTeamsTerrible » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:43 pm

No love for this kid??!!!

2nd best performance by any Steelers RB this season and just barely not the 1st.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:15 pm

As I said in the Week 4 discussion, that game plan will not work against competent D's. The Bengals suck, and lack discipline and talent on D. That type of stuff will not work every week. It was a specific game plan for a particular opponent in an attempt to make the game easier for their young QB who was overwhelmed last week. Don't expect this to continue week in week out.

Pretty sure the best performance by a Steelers RB this year was Conner, and that was tonight.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

MyTeamsTerrible
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MyTeamsTerrible » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:18 pm

You missed the point completely.

The point is that Jaylen should be seeing almost as many touches as Conner.

Yet, Conner is an extremely rare 3 down back.

I also wrote 2nd best performance, not 1st.
Last edited by MyTeamsTerrible on Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:21 pm

MyTeamsTerrible wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:18 pm You missed the point completely.

The point is that Jaylen should be seeing almost as many touches as Conner.

Yet, Conner is an extremely rare 3 down back.
Samuels should be incorporated more, I agree. However the game plan with the option runs and passes will not work long term. That offense is going to struggle, whether it be Conner or Samuels, but I don't expect Samuels to get as many touches as Conner weekly, barring injury. Samuels is a good player, but good luck getting 2 productive FF backs out of this offense on a weekly basis. I think Conner will be more of a mainstay, and Samuels will be implemented more or less depending on the opponent. I would love to see him used as a H Back in the receiving game, more though.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

MyTeamsTerrible
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MyTeamsTerrible » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:23 pm

Jaylen is the more polished receiver and they're pretty close at blocking. The snap %s before tonight are the most outrageous of any 2 runningbacks in the league.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:43 am

Damn. I didn’t even pay attention to the game tonight, other than occasionally checking to see if Mixon did anything. Great to see Jaylen finally getting some much deserved PT. Hopefully this Conner charade is finally coming to an end.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:48 am

Now if only the Steelers could play the Bungles every week. They'd have TWO RB1's you could start every week!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:44 am

M-Dub wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:43 am Damn. I didn’t even pay attention to the game tonight, other than occasionally checking to see if Mixon did anything. Great to see Jaylen finally getting some much deserved PT. Hopefully this Conner charade is finally coming to an end.
The Conner charade looked damn good last night, along with Samuels. Only way Conner stops getting the ball is if he gets hurt, that's just the way it is, whether people like it or not.
Janiel Dones Truther

MyTeamsTerrible
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MyTeamsTerrible » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:57 am

Except...Conner WOULDNT have looked good if it wasnt for Jaylen, and he won't going forward!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:00 am

MyTeamsTerrible wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:57 am Except...Conner WOULDNT have looked good if it wasnt for Jaylen, and he won't going forward!
:roll: Sure man.
Janiel Dones Truther

MyTeamsTerrible
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MyTeamsTerrible » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:00 am
MyTeamsTerrible wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:57 am Except...Conner WOULDNT have looked good if it wasnt for Jaylen, and he won't going forward!
:roll: Sure man.

So if Rudolph just turned around and handed it off all game and gave him the 4? dunks he gave him......he wouldve looked good?

Lmao.

Even the crappy cincy defense wouldve FEASTED on him.

Only reason FINALLY had a good game was because Samuel's kept them honest.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:41 pm

Wait, Samuels finally produces a fantasy friendly box score by running a gimmick play against one of the worst defenses and teams in the league, and we're drooling over him?

We get it, you have a crush on J. Samuels and are heavily invested in him.

This post is a classic over-reaction based on confirmation bias. And plus, the dude averaged 2.6 ypc and 7.1 ypc. And we'll agree to disagree, but I think he's always looked sluggish.
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

MyTeamsTerrible
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MyTeamsTerrible » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:18 pm

I play in one league which I do own him in.

This thread is more about the difference between conner and Samuel's being barely anything.

Samuels got his first chance of year and ran with it.

It was CONNER who desperately needed a gimmick play setup to have his 1st DECENT game of year. Be it with Ben OR Mason.

MyTeamsTerrible
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MyTeamsTerrible » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:26 pm

He averaged more YPC then Conner last year and is by far the more polished receiver AND better blocker.

Pitt people need to stop with the James Conner love, just because of the Pennsylvania connection.

Hes far from special.