Let's talk... JuJu Smith-Schuster

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Benching JuJu

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:14 am

Badkins1121 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:01 am Would you guys buy him for Kerryon and a mid 2020 1st? I have 4 1sts and need WR
Yes, pretty easily. But I've never been a huge fan of Kerryon.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:00 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:32 am The production will come. If I have better options, then I'll roll with them until that time comes. If not, I'm continuing to roll him out.
This.

Studs always find a way to produce eventually.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:24 pm

Reminds me of Hopkins a few years ago after his massive Y3 and then sub 1,000 yards in Y4.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:43 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:00 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:32 am The production will come. If I have better options, then I'll roll with them until that time comes. If not, I'm continuing to roll him out.
This.

This is assuming JuJu is a "stud" though.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:08 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:43 pm
This.

The production so far indicates that he is.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:16 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:08 pm
This.

The production so far indicates that he was.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:45 pm

RB6 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:16 pm

The production so far indicates that he was.
So Hopkins and OBJ are no longer studs either? Cuz the numbers they've put up in the first 4 weeks aren't stud-like numbers either.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:48 pm

There was a lot of statistical evidence that suggested that JuJu was going to struggle as a number one receiver before the season started, OBJ & Hopkins have continually been the number one guy - JuJu never has at the NFL level and the concerns that were raised are proving true, thus far.

On the flip-side, he is extremely young (turning 23 in November) and could develop into a "stud", I understand the people who think he has potential; but it is exceedingly premature to suggest that JuJu is a stud.

vix_trader
Rookie
Rookie

Postby vix_trader » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:23 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:48 pm There was a lot of statistical evidence that suggested that JuJu was going to struggle as a number one receiver before the season started, OBJ & Hopkins have continually been the number one guy - JuJu never has at the NFL level and the concerns that were raised are proving true, thus far.

On the flip-side, he is extremely young (turning 23 in November) and could develop into a "stud", I understand the people who think he has potential; but it is exceedingly premature to suggest that JuJu is a stud.
Just curious what is the statistical evidence that suggest JuJu was going to struggle as a number one receiver. I"m legitimately curious not saying that you're incorrect.
12 Team Standard Scoring.
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, TE, D/ST, K.

QB: L. Jackson, Winston

RB: N. Chubb, J. Jacobs, CEH, Deandre Swift,

WR: Tyreek Hill, D.J.Moore, D.J. Chark, Elijah Moore, Devonta Smith, Hollywood

TE: T.J. Hockenson, Pitts, Dan Arnold

2022 Rookie Draft - 1, 1, 1, 4

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:36 pm

4 games into the season and we're convinced that Juju can't be the #1 guy? The first game against NE where even AB has struggled in the past and known for shutting down team's #1 WRs. And 2.5 games with Mason Rudolph as his QB...let's all just relax. How many other WR2s have put up the kind of numbers he did a year ago? Also, much lesser players are called studs on these forums everyday. I think there's actually a thread about that going on right now.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:01 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:36 pm 4 games into the season and we're convinced that Juju can't be the #1 guy? The first game against NE where even AB has struggled in the past and known for shutting down team's #1 WRs. And 2.5 games with Mason Rudolph as his QB...let's all just relax. How many other WR2s have put up the kind of numbers he did a year ago? Also, much lesser players are called studs on these forums everyday. I think there's actually a thread about that going on right now.
Well, Godwin comes to mind as a WR2 putting up some pretty good numbers. I personally can't consider Juju a stud until he proves he can be productive without a WR1 drawing most of the attention.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:30 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:01 pm
Goddard wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:36 pm 4 games into the season and we're convinced that Juju can't be the #1 guy? The first game against NE where even AB has struggled in the past and known for shutting down team's #1 WRs. And 2.5 games with Mason Rudolph as his QB...let's all just relax. How many other WR2s have put up the kind of numbers he did a year ago? Also, much lesser players are called studs on these forums everyday. I think there's actually a thread about that going on right now.
Well, Godwin comes to mind as a WR2 putting up some pretty good numbers. I personally can't consider Juju a stud until he proves he can be productive without a WR1 drawing most of the attention.

Rudolph is playing game manager right now, they wont be playing CIN every week, and theyll eventually have to open up the offense... when that happens JuJu will get a chance to eat.

Has there ever been an elite WR2 that hasnt succeeded as the 1 when called upon?

Anquan Boldin never struggled when he was asked to be the 1... I doubt Godwin would either.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:45 am

Shcritters wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:57 am I also wonder if it was a perfect storm last year and he won't reach that level again.
Never really considered this, being that I dont own him anywhere. It is plausible though. There aren't many WR1s that get 166 targets, let alone WR2s.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:10 am

No doubt Juju played like a stud last year. That said, he was on the other side of one of the best WR’s on the planet. Brown, the Player, ALWAYS drew the best coverage and teams consistently shifted coverage his way with safeties.

I avoided the buy high temptation on JuJu and didn’t draft him high in any money redrafts not because he won’t be a stud but because he hasn’t proved he can be when he is the primary focus of D coordinators in this league.

Probably more of a conservative approach but remember years ago getting burned on Alvin Harper types that were excellent number 2’s.

I would not be benching him because 4 games in with a new QB isn’t a great sample size but JuJu does need to step up. He isn’t open enough at this point to have the offense go through him.

He has significant skill so there is possibility he could flourish but his risk vs the hype that he could simply step into the Brown role for many wasn’t given the weight it deserved by many which is why there is some panic at this point.

He is becoming a pretty good buy compared to his near untouchable status prior to week 1.

The jury is obviously still out on this player.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:59 am

This.

The production playing #2 to AB with Ben under center indicated that he could be. His production as a #1 with Ben or Rudolph this year does not indicate that he actually is a legitimate #1 option and he is being outplayed by a rookie to date. All this may change, but just sitting around saying Juju is going to be fine without actually questioning it is just another severe case of ownership bias. I would be worried if I valued Juju as my #1 WR.