You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: How do we feel about RoJo

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:58 pm

It was vs the giants. Show me something vs a team over .333 and I'll start to consider him as someone to lookout for. Admittedly 22 is well before his physical peak, he still has time to put it together
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:59 pm

The stats were good, but the coaching is what made him relevant today. He was able to do what he was told and basically run straight ahead. His "highlights" involved him not being touched by the defense because of great blocking and play-calling. It was also vs one of the worst rush defenses in the NFL.

I watched the whole game so I don't believe I missed anything that makes him look better than before, but I'll rewatch the game later, and if I did I'll be sure to add it to this reply.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: You Can Trade Away RoJo Now... Last Chance?

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:01 pm

Ronald Jones was traded today for Antonio Brown in one of my leagues.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:19 pm

Needless to say, regardless of interpretation on why his stats were good, it was NOT the last chance to trade Rojo away.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:23 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:58 pm It was vs the giants. Show me something vs a team over .333 and I'll start to consider him as someone to lookout for. Admittedly 22 is well before his physical peak, he still has time to put it together
Didn't he play the 49ers week 1? They are 3-0. Or does it not count because the were 0-0 at the time? I'm not a Rojo guy, although I did get him thrown into a deal today. However, I agree he has time. He looked so bad last year, but I heard he was being a 20 year old, thinking he could just come in a ball out, partying, eating cheeseburgers etc. I think he got a wakeup call last year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:46 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:59 pm The stats were good, but the coaching is what made him relevant today. He was able to do what he was told and basically run straight ahead. His "highlights" involved him not being touched by the defense because of great blocking and play-calling. It was also vs one of the worst rush defenses in the NFL.

I watched the whole game so I don't believe I missed anything that makes him look better than before, but I'll rewatch the game later, and if I did I'll be sure to add it to this reply.
I think the run at the end of the first half was a lot to with Jones.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:58 pm

I never did rewatch the film. I'm doing it now.

Q1 3:35 -- He takes a beautifully designed screen pass up the left sideline. He puts the ball in his right hand rather than his left to shield away from defenders (why?). He has 3 blockers vs 2 defenders and manages to get tackled immediately when he approaches them.
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:46 pmI think the run at the end of the first half was a lot to with Jones.
Q2 0:36 -- I found the part you mentioned. I would disagree. There are 36 seconds left in the half, Bucs on their own 20. Giants have 6 defenders near the LOS and drop 5 back 10+ yards. They are clearly defending the pass. Bucs run the ball with 7 blockers. All he had to do was run where nobody existed. He did put the ball in his left hand though, protecting it from defenders, so I'll give him that. He didn't do anything spectacular that no other RB could do. Not impressive at all.

Q4 9:55 -- Takes a handoff up the middle. Amazing blocking, pedestrian run.

======================================================

And that's really it. Three plays, nothing special. Interesting to note that I was specifically looking for pass blocking, as he was atrocious in the few times he's had to do it. He was asked to pass-block zero times. That's probably why they prefer Barber over RoJo still.

I dunno man. I keep looking for it. I figure by now with all these runs that I'd see something great. I think the Bucs coaching staff is pretty smart, and they are creating plays to utilize his blazing speed. Other than that... meh.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:47 pm

This thread is getting a bit longer with more last chances. He has looked decent with his opportunities this year. Might get a few more last chances coming up unless Tampa finds another capable runner.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Daltanian
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Daltanian » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:56 pm

Reading through this thread has been quite entertaining.

Just to add to the discussion, currently Jones is ranked as the #4 overall RB in offensive grade by PFF. For reference, Barber is ranked 28th, and Jones grades out higher in every category (rushing, receiving, blocking, etc.)

Football Outsiders ranks him 13th in DYAR, 8th in DVOA, and 3rd in Success rate. Here's a link with the ranks/definitions

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb/2019

I'm not sure which side of the fence I fall on, but for all the hate I've heard about this guy, he's looked much better than I expected. Maybe it is just a flash in the pan, but it's an interesting debate nonetheless.
16 Team Superflex

QB: R. Wilson, Tannehill
RB: CMC, A. Kamara, A. Ekeler, CEH
WR: D. Adams, M. Thomas, T. Lockett, AJ Green, J. Edelman, L. Fitzgerald
TE: Kittle, J. Cook,

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:15 pm

Man I dunno, I just cant bring myself to trade him away....

Because I never drafted him on any of my teams. Ha.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:04 am

Daltanian wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:56 pm Reading through this thread has been quite entertaining.

Just to add to the discussion, currently Jones is ranked as the #4 overall RB in offensive grade by PFF. For reference, Barber is ranked 28th, and Jones grades out higher in every category (rushing, receiving, blocking, etc.)

Football Outsiders ranks him 13th in DYAR, 8th in DVOA, and 3rd in Success rate. Here's a link with the ranks/definitions

I'm not sure which side of the fence I fall on, but for all the hate I've heard about this guy, he's looked much better than I expected. Maybe it is just a flash in the pan, but it's an interesting debate nonetheless.
I used to use this site to help make my decisions. Then I realized that the rankings never actually correspond to a players actual value.

Take a look at the 2018 stats. Derrick Henry #2. REALLY? So he was the 2nd best RB in all of 2018? More valuable than all but Gurley? OK.

I don't use that site anymore. It's led me down more dead-ends and helped me make more bad decisions than I care to remember.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:46 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:04 am
Daltanian wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:56 pm Reading through this thread has been quite entertaining.

I used to use this site to help make my decisions. Then I realized that the rankings never actually correspond to a players actual value.

Take a look at the 2018 stats. Derrick Henry #2. REALLY? So he was the 2nd best RB in all of 2018? More valuable than all but Gurley? OK.

I don't use that site anymore. It's led me down more dead-ends and helped me make more bad decisions than I care to remember.
When I went to look at DH in 2018 the site said he was the 16th best, if you scroll over to the right it has their rankings.

Kamara was listed second best
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:50 am

joeya2001 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:46 am When I went to look at DH in 2018 the site said he was the 16th best, if you scroll over to the right it has their rankings.

Kamara was listed second best
Yes, and then Gus Edwards would be the #1 rated RB for 2018.

If anyone wants to use this site as a method to help them evaluate talent, I'm 100% OK with that. But don't use this site as the end-all be-all for ranking players. It's really just a flawed gimmick in my eyes. There is no better method for evaluating talent than the eye test. And RoJo's failed that time and time again.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:38 am

We get it, you don't like RoJo - I've never seen one person ever come into a thread to continually barrage a player without being provoked to do so.

The initial premise that it was the last time to trade away RoJo was already proven as wrong. He's already also clearly starting to surpass JAG Barber, so his value is arguably going to only increase. Now whether he has value this time next year remains to be seen.

I still have him stashed and one league, he is still infinitely more valuable than a random 3rd to me.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:50 am

I think any trade window on any player depends mainly on 2 things:

(a) what you want / need to get in order to move him
(b) your league

For example if you're in a 10 team league and want the 1st back that you spent to draft RoJo, odds are likely that that window closed long ago.

If you're in a 16 team league and will take anything - then that window will remain open for quite some time, as there will always be an owner willing to buy low on distressed assets.

In any case yesterday RoJo and a 1st was used to buy Todd Gurley - so there is that.

Trade Finder is such a useful tool. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..