Jordan Howard: Stock Up?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DelawareRiverEagles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: What to do with Jordan Howard

Postby DelawareRiverEagles » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:40 am

Plank wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:26 pm PHI in positive game scripts and goal line work, think he can add value, while certainly not an every week play, I suspect he can fill in for bye weeks etc..
Yeah, the carries will get split up well in PHI, keeping everyone fresher. I LOOOOOVE that. No need to run a guy into the ground.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:06 am

"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am

Howard will be a fantasy RB3 this year I think, barring injuries to other elements of the Philly committee.

There's some hope for a better 2020 situation. There's still a few teams in the league that prefer RBs like Howard -- in a way, it's impressive Chicago was still able to find a buyer for Howard despite him being on the last year of his current contract.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:09 am

With the Sanders injury news I’d be looking to sell Howard to an RB needy team. I’d try for any ‘20 1st. Or a 2nd and something. I don’t think he’s long for the NFL.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Jordan Howard

Postby jdacunha » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:41 am

After last night,, is Jordan Howard the starter in Philly? Even before, I thought he was a better RB that Sanders. He had a good end to the 2018 season and will be a top 15 RB if he gets 15 or touches per game.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Jordan Howard

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:04 am

Still going to be very inconsistent with the way Philly uses the RBs, should be trying to cash in on this performance and sell him.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:18 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:04 am Still going to be very inconsistent with the way Philly uses the RBs, should be trying to cash in on this performance and sell him.
x2
Still likely a frustrating RBBC. Miles was no scrub last night either - averaged 6.5 a carry and contributed in the return game

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:32 am

He's probably the starter this year. But Sanders looked solid also.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:43 am

Sanders has made too many mistakes his rookie year to be the sole ball carrier. I am still very high on Sanders, but the transition is going slower than I anticipated. He made mistakes on 50% of his runs... far too high.

However, the blocking in this game was superb. They both played well but that O-line and play scheme for Philly was outstanding. Any RB could have performed at a high level in this offense. Bravo to the coaches, really.

I think it needs to be a 50-50 split for a while. Howard knows the game and is more reliable. Sanders is the better talent but he's making too many mistakes. A 50-50 split solves all the problems for this season.

Kudos on Philly for making the necessary changes and making the running game successful. This is a turning point in the season for them.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:47 am

jdacunha wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:41 am After last night,, is Jordan Howard the starter in Philly? Even before, I thought he was a better RB that Sanders. He had a good end to the 2018 season and will be a top 15 RB if he gets 15 or touches per game.
You thought Howard was the "better" rb than Sanders? :shifty: I think Howard is a temporary place holder and if the carries were siphoned to Sanders, we'd see top 5ish rb numbers. Sanders to me looks to be more explosive. Howard looked good last night against a below average run defense. Howard, I think is the short term rbbc veteran presence while Sanders is the not too distant future guy to own from that backfield.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:09 am

I find it interesting that the narrative seems to be that Howard is some kind of stiff interfering with Sanders' clear ascent to greatness, rather than a 24 year old back who has been quietly excellent in 3 seasons as an NFL player.

I think Sanders was the best back in this class and holds great potential (if he can learn to hang on to the rock) but Howard I think is being greatly underrated. His vision and pass pro ability are big plusses while Sanders learns the game.

I understand that Howard is a pass catching zero limits him in ppr, and that the committee approach in Philly renders him not much more than a flex play right now. But right now he's cheap to acquire, can be a fantastic RB2 if Sanders stiffs, and he also happens to be a free agent next year while he's still in his physical prime. I'm buying where I can.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:18 am

Based on performances like last night, I think it is unlikely that Sanders will fully take over the lead role in Philly from Howard - but we shall see.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:56 am

Dookmarriot wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:09 am I find it interesting that the narrative seems to be that Howard is some kind of stiff interfering with Sanders' clear ascent to greatness, rather than a 24 year old back who has been quietly excellent in 3 seasons as an NFL player.

I think Sanders was the best back in this class and holds great potential (if he can learn to hang on to the rock) but Howard I think is being greatly underrated. His vision and pass pro ability are big plusses while Sanders learns the game.

I understand that Howard is a pass catching zero limits him in ppr, and that the committee approach in Philly renders him not much more than a flex play right now. But right now he's cheap to acquire, can be a fantastic RB2 if Sanders stiffs, and he also happens to be a free agent next year while he's still in his physical prime. I'm buying where I can.
Well. What are you paying where you are buying? There are different people in each league. In dynasty, if I'm a depth rb away from feeling good about my depth, I'd offer a late 2nd or so for Howard. I don't at all see him as a long term answer. The holes both of these guys were running through last night were massive. I just knew I'd see some comments here today talking about how good Howard looked etc etc. Howard isn't creative, doesn't have great lateral agility, doesn't catch the ball great, and frankly, if he was "quietly excellent" like you hint at, why the hell would a defensive team that wants to grind the ball (the bears) draft Montgomery and let Howard go? Maybe there is something there that I'm not informed about. Or maybe I missed something. Anyway - C'mon Dook - quietly excellent is an odd way to describe Howard and one that I have to disagree with you on. I do however agree that right now, Howard is a nice asset for the Eagles to use in the short term while Sanders gets more acclimated to the NFL game. So, in the short term, I feel ya. I agree that on certain teams in dynasty, it'd make sense. But, the long game view on Howard - seems to me - he is a non factor. Long term (next year or maybe even later on this year) - I see it as incredibly likely that Sanders sees more carries, targets, and snaps than Howard. Howard could however retain the goal line duties. Never know.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:01 am

JFever wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:47 am
jdacunha wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:41 am After last night,, is Jordan Howard the starter in Philly? Even before, I thought he was a better RB that Sanders. He had a good end to the 2018 season and will be a top 15 RB if he gets 15 or touches per game.
You thought Howard was the "better" rb than Sanders? :shifty: I think Howard is a temporary place holder and if the carries were siphoned to Sanders, we'd see top 5ish rb numbers. Sanders to me looks to be more explosive. Howard looked good last night against a below average run defense. Howard, I think is the short term rbbc veteran presence while Sanders is the not too distant future guy to own from that backfield.
Sanders looks explosive, but he's making a ton of mistakes. Howard looks like the better RB to do what the team needs him to do right now. Sanders being top 5 is a pipe dream at this point, because he is nowhere near ready to take on those extra carries. Howard may be a placeholder, but he's most likely a placeholder for another back that will be part of that committee.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:12 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:01 am
JFever wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:47 am
Sanders looks explosive, but he's making a ton of mistakes. Howard looks like the better RB to do what the team needs him to do right now. Sanders being top 5 is a pipe dream at this point, because he is nowhere near ready to take on those extra carries. Howard may be a placeholder, but he's most likely a placeholder for another back that will be part of that committee.
Not really a bold take. In today's NFL landscape, how many bell cow rb are there? It is entirely possible that another back is brought in after Howard is used. It is also very possible that Sanders learns from his mistakes, makes improvements in his game and is the primary running back for Philadelphia. I'm not saying in the next few weeks that Sanders will have top 5 production at all. In the future - say by mid next year - I see it as quite plausible. Sanders arrow is pointing up. For the time being Howard has rb2 value imo. In dynasty, Sanders has more value now and likely this gap will grow.