Sony Michel Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: What’s wrong with Sony?

Postby Hjorimir » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:00 pm

He's a Patriot RB. That's his only problem. When he got off to a hot start last year, I instantly flipped him and my first this year for Nuk. Never trust Belichek RBs. Just don't.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:30 pm

I'm not sure how his usage is surprising to anyone who has watched the Pats play in the Belichick era. Shiny new RB, same old Patriots.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:34 pm

Hjorimir wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:00 pm He's a Patriot RB. That's his only problem. When he got off to a hot start last year, I instantly flipped him and my first this year for Nuk. Never trust Belichek RBs. Just don't.
Nice humble brag ;)

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:37 pm

One of my favorite user pieces on Sony Michael goes into great detail about his injury history, talking specifically about early onset arthritis. It was enough to scare me away from him forever.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/9 ... e_on_bone/

I'm not saying this is the reason for the current issues, but he did have a surgery just a few months ago on that same knee. Gurley is going through the very thing I'm afraid Michael will get someday, and he looks like a shell of his former self already.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:59 pm

PJunior777 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:18 am Its one dimensional, when he's in the game its like 80% of time they run the ball or something. He's not involved in the short ball pass game like Burkhead and White. Sony is very TD dependent atm unfortunately.
Which is very strange. He was a great ball catcher in college I assumed that's why they brought him in. Be like a RB slot receiver type really bleep with defenses.

And ooof... your tight ends :confused:
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:57 am

He fumbled in week 2 and I think he was punished in week 3 for that. It's too easy to swear off NE RBs but their overall RB production is always high. Sony is a head scratcher though at the moment.
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:58 am

It is very odd that he was the pass catching back at Georgia, but the Patriots do not use him in the passing game at all. I'm not sure if that says more about how high they are on White in the receiving game or if it's a pass protection issue.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:19 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:58 am It is very odd that he was the pass catching back at Georgia, but the Patriots do not use him in the passing game at all. I'm not sure if that says more about how high they are on White in the receiving game or if it's a pass protection issue.
Just because he was a pass catching back in college doesn't mean he is the best pass catching back or third down or blocking back on the Patriots.

To date the actual evidence seems to be showing that Sony isn't the best on the team regarding those functions.

That said, getting in the mind of that coach is difficult given this team uses assets in a very game plan specific way week to week.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:22 am

He only caught 9 passes his senior year, and 4 of those were in one game.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:29 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:22 am He only caught 9 passes his senior year, and 4 of those were in one game.
Should be important note that no RB on Georgia had more than 17 passes in 2017.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:39 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:58 am It is very odd that he was the pass catching back at Georgia, but the Patriots do not use him in the passing game at all. I'm not sure if that says more about how high they are on White in the receiving game or if it's a pass protection issue.
The fb is on ir....read somewhere (maybe roto) that its leading to white or burkhead in 3wr sets. I expect him to get worked in eventually and be a low end rb 1, but who knows when they start getting him more involved. I can also see how they could be limiting him with the preseason injury concerns.

Im just holding, never was much of a market to profit anyways imo....everyone knows about the pats rb rotation.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:49 am

sloth8u wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:39 am
The fb is on ir....read somewhere (maybe roto) that its leading to white or burkhead in 3wr sets. I expect him to get worked in eventually and be a low end rb 1, but who knows when they start getting him more involved. I can also see how they could be limiting him with the preseason injury concerns.

Im just holding, never was much of a market to profit anyways imo....everyone knows about the pats rb rotation.
This is where I was always at too. I couldn't sell high because everyone seemed to see through it

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:51 am

I had traded for him in one league prior to the season (in a package of players) thinking i could flip him for a random 2020 1st, I could not flip him for any 1st in my league lol. I believe this was prior to news of his recurring knee issue but not sure.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:44 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:51 am I had traded for him in one league prior to the season (in a package of players) thinking i could flip him for a random 2020 1st, I could not flip him for any 1st in my league lol. I believe this was prior to news of his recurring knee issue but not sure.
Had a similar experience. Best I was able to do is flip him for Deebo Samuel, which is a pretty bad return on market value.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:01 pm

Blueboy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:44 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:51 am I had traded for him in one league prior to the season (in a package of players) thinking i could flip him for a random 2020 1st, I could not flip him for any 1st in my league lol. I believe this was prior to news of his recurring knee issue but not sure.
Had a similar experience. Best I was able to do is flip him for Deebo Samuel, which is a pretty bad return on market value.
Chiming in to share my experience as well. Got him in a package, missed whatever brief selling window there was right before the season began, and ended up dumping him + 2021 3rd for a 2021 1st + 2nd.