Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:23 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:18 pm
MrUbuto wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:04 pm I think a lot of the hate came from a percieved bad situation. Not just the "LaMaR hAs bAd tHrOwInG mEchAniCs!!!" (Like 99% of fantasy football nerds even know what that means they are just repeating something they heard)

But for many people Baltimore just seems like a low scoring team. Fantasy graveyard for WRs despite the fact they've been stock piling weapons for awhile now

It's just the perception of the ravens. Defense first win games 9-6
I am cautiously optimistic, however the Ravens played 2 cupcake defences to start the year. I want to see it consistently before I believe it with Lamar.
Honestly i think we have seen enough even if it was only 2 games. Idk if you saw the 41 yard throw and catch that Lamar made to Brown vs cardinals but the corner was all over Brown and lamar dropped an absolute dime. This was something he would have NEVER been able to do last year. Yes we all dont want to overreact to two games we see as going against bad defenses but that one throw right there showed me these two have truly arrived. Its still an NFL corner he made this throw against. Im all in on this team and i couldnt be happier. I do expect a rookie wall at some point, it happens but i expect the first two games to be more of the norm and both Lamar an Hollywood be in the QB1 WR1 discussion all season barring injury.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:21 pm

"cupcake defense" was how the argument against Mahomes started. I ain't falling for it again. Then again, I have no shares so it doesn't matter.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:25 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:21 pm "cupcake defense" was how the argument against Mahomes started. I ain't falling for it again. Then again, I have no shares so it doesn't matter.
Yup. I wasted my time arguing against Mahomes last season. Not doubting what i see in front of me again.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:06 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:25 pm
Phaded wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:21 pm "cupcake defense" was how the argument against Mahomes started. I ain't falling for it again. Then again, I have no shares so it doesn't matter.
Yup. I wasted my time arguing against Mahomes last season. Not doubting what i see in front of me again.
Hahaha that was you... Although iirc, the guy arguing for Mahomes was very extreme about it and even I couldn't go that far after a few games.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:18 pm

3rd game: "Come on, KC's defense isn't all that either."

Its impressive that a rookie WR can miss most of training camp from rehabbing a foot injury to come back and roast two defenses while getting open at will.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:48 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:18 pm Its impressive that a rookie WR can miss most of training camp from rehabbing a foot injury to come back and roast two defenses while getting open at will.
He was, and I think still is, the best route-runner in this class. The tape always bore that out. He works out with his cousin - the best route runner in the GAME - regularly - and I think it shows. His understanding of how to manipulate CB's is already at a pro level.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:01 pm

mild wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:48 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:18 pm Its impressive that a rookie WR can miss most of training camp from rehabbing a foot injury to come back and roast two defenses while getting open at will.
He was, and I think still is, the best route-runner in this class. The tape always bore that out. He works out with his cousin - the best route runner in the GAME - regularly - and I think it shows. His understanding of how to manipulate CB's is already at a pro level.
Keep going, I’m almost there :drool:

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:10 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:18 pmIts impressive that a rookie WR can miss most of training camp from rehabbing a foot injury to come back and roast two defenses while getting open at will.
I find it eerily similar to how OBJ burst on the scene after missing time due to his hammy. Very different receivers but I could see Hollywood's value soar the same way.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:19 pm

So Glad I own him in all my leagues. I paid what proved to be high prices compared to many but pimped him and DK really hard as I touted this WR class as special so didn’t mind paying those high draft prices at all.

Wr’s typical take time in Dynasty but Brown in particular already looks polished and has chemistry.

M Brown is a strong buy but he won’t go cheap at this point.

The future is very bright for this player as he should get much better as he learns the pro game.

He has a legit chance to finish top 20 as a WR as a rookie if he avoids the injury bug. I don’t see his 13 targets in week 2 as an anomaly. Think he will actually get double digit targets in multiple games this year which will make his owners very happy.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:19 pm
He has a legit chance to finish top 20 as a WR as a rookie if he avoids the injury bug. I don’t see his 13 targets in week 2 as an anomaly. Think he will actually get double digit targets in multiple games this year which will make his owners very happy.
huuuuunnnnnnnnngggghhhhhhhh keep talking :crazy:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:03 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:23 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:18 pm
MrUbuto wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:04 pm I think a lot of the hate came from a percieved bad situation. Not just the "LaMaR hAs bAd tHrOwInG mEchAniCs!!!" (Like 99% of fantasy football nerds even know what that means they are just repeating something they heard)

But for many people Baltimore just seems like a low scoring team. Fantasy graveyard for WRs despite the fact they've been stock piling weapons for awhile now

It's just the perception of the ravens. Defense first win games 9-6
I am cautiously optimistic, however the Ravens played 2 cupcake defences to start the year. I want to see it consistently before I believe it with Lamar.
Honestly i think we have seen enough even if it was only 2 games. Idk if you saw the 41 yard throw and catch that Lamar made to Brown vs cardinals but the corner was all over Brown and lamar dropped an absolute dime. This was something he would have NEVER been able to do last year. Yes we all dont want to overreact to two games we see as going against bad defenses but that one throw right there showed me these two have truly arrived. Its still an NFL corner he made this throw against. Im all in on this team and i couldnt be happier. I do expect a rookie wall at some point, it happens but i expect the first two games to be more of the norm and both Lamar an Hollywood be in the QB1 WR1 discussion all season barring injury.
I think we have seen enough to think Jackson has improved, but again, I am proceeding with caution. The Dolphins are absolutely terrible, and Arizona's D is really bad, and missing it's best player. I want to see them against better teams, who have some tape of them this year, before I proclaim this to be a great offense. I have my doubts Hollywood will be in the WR1 discussion, but I won't be upset if he is.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:12 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:03 amHollywood will be in the WR1 discussion

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:33 pm

So I went looking for a reason why Marquise Brown had a quiet game. Then I saw DDs post. Case closed. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Haha

He was wide open a few times but errant throws. ☹️
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:36 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:53 pm Haha

He was wide open a few times but errant throws. ☹️
Yea lamar came back to reality a little bit, to be expected

Also I dont think the KC defence is as bad as everyone thinks
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted