Stefon Diggs Thread: Traded to Buffalo!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Stefon Diggs

Postby skip » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:23 pm

It's getting to a point where signing any WR is like a left handed pitcher in the majors. You're going to pay more than the production warrants. It's a deal like this that should make guys like Julio even more upset than he already was.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:22 pm

The money he got was about projection, due to injury and efficiency when on the field. He is as good as any WR in the NFL when healthy. This post about 'disappearing' is such nonsense. His route running can separate him from any corner, and his contested catch skills were#1 in the NFL in 2017. Give him a QB like Kirk, of course they are going to sign him now. If they don't he'll have a career year with an upgraded QB and be price out of their market. Listen haters, he hasn't hit the numbers we want, but his yards and efficiency in many categories will translate with ADDITIONAL TARGETS!!!
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:23 pm

Diggs is officially Keenan Allen 2.0, just wait for it and miss out on the gravy train!!
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:42 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:22 pm The money he got was about projection, due to injury and efficiency when on the field. He is as good as any WR in the NFL when healthy. This post about 'disappearing' is such nonsense. His route running can separate him from any corner, and his contested catch skills were#1 in the NFL in 2017. Give him a QB like Kirk, of course they are going to sign him now. If they don't he'll have a career year with an upgraded QB and be price out of their market. Listen haters, he hasn't hit the numbers we want, but his yards and efficiency in many categories will translate with ADDITIONAL TARGETS!!!
I was on Diggs as a rookie, but this is just not true. There are plenty of better WR's in the NFL, and this is just not an objective opinion. As soon as I got to this point I already knew you had Diggs rostered. Diggs is a talented WR, but let's keep it in perspective. First off, he is not as good as any WR in the NFL, like I already said, and secondly, Keenum was very efficient last year. As good as Cousins is, they have a returning Dalvin Cook and a top end D, I would be very surprised to see Diggs come anywhere near the numbers someone like Keenan Allen put up, as you state in a later post. I do expect an increase in targets, but I think those numbers are a bit lofty. I could see an 80-90 catch season with enough targets, but 100 plus? I'm skeptical.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:26 am

Vikes fan here.

I loved Diggs as late he got drafted. Love his progress.

I think he’s going to be a better nfl asset than a fantasy asset going forward.

Also I want to echo a previous post, this money will look more average in a while as other contracts start rolling in.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:41 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:42 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:22 pm The money he got was about projection, due to injury and efficiency when on the field. He is as good as any WR in the NFL when healthy. This post about 'disappearing' is such nonsense. His route running can separate him from any corner, and his contested catch skills were#1 in the NFL in 2017. Give him a QB like Kirk, of course they are going to sign him now. If they don't he'll have a career year with an upgraded QB and be price out of their market. Listen haters, he hasn't hit the numbers we want, but his yards and efficiency in many categories will translate with ADDITIONAL TARGETS!!!
I was on Diggs as a rookie, but this is just not true. There are plenty of better WR's in the NFL, and this is just not an objective opinion. As soon as I got to this point I already knew you had Diggs rostered. Diggs is a talented WR, but let's keep it in perspective. First off, he is not as good as any WR in the NFL, like I already said, and secondly, Keenum was very efficient last year. As good as Cousins is, they have a returning Dalvin Cook and a top end D, I would be very surprised to see Diggs come anywhere near the numbers someone like Keenan Allen put up, as you state in a later post. I do expect an increase in targets, but I think those numbers are a bit lofty. I could see an 80-90 catch season with enough targets, but 100 plus? I'm skeptical.
I would argue that he's as good as almost any WR in the NFL when healthy. Like who's definitely better, AB, Julio, OBJ, Nuk, AJG, MT, and KA13? You could make arguments for speedsters like Tyreek, Cooks, Hilton, or for bigger-bodied targets like Evans, Adams, ARob. But Diggs is one of the few WRs that can do it all in the short medium and deep parts of the field. Elite route running/separation + great contested catch skills = he'll always be involved and efficient. His health is a concern as others have obviously pointed out, but imo that's the only real obstacle stopping him from hitting that upper echelon of WRs.

I don't disagree about the # of targets he'll get though, that's a valid point. Losing targets to Thielen Rudolph and Cook doesn't worry me too much (if anything that might just give Diggs more room to operate), but it's mainly cause of how good that defense might be which will lead to running-game scripts for them. Hopefully Kirk will be more aggressive since he's got nothing to worry about with all the guaranteed $$$ in his pocket.

Regardless, while his contract is pretty gaudy, you could say the same thing about all the other big WR contracts this offseason (Evans, Landry, Sammy, ARob, Cooks).
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

abajaba
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abajaba » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:16 am

I agree he is a bit overrated based on his production but he is a special talent. I think Kirk being there will help his numbers a lot. Kirk will take those shots and Diggs is great at the deep ball. Like everyone else mentioned, its his dings here or there that hurt him. If he can make it through a season fully healthy I think he'd put up top 10 WR numbers. But, that's a big if. For the guy that wouldn't trade his 1.05 for Diggs... I think you're insane and should try to get that done ASAP. Whoever you select at 1.05 will not hold the value Diggs has
8 Team PPR Year 8: 2/3/4/1/DEF
2016 & 2018 Champion :dance:
QB-Rivers,Cousins,Eli,Tannehill
RB-Gurley,Fournette,Connor,Bell,McKinnon,Dion Lewis,Ballage,Yeldon,Doug Martin
WR-Evans,Nuk,Cooks,Diggs,ARob,Woods,John Brown,Doctson,Boyd,Ross,
TE-Kittle,Graham,Doyle

Rookie Picks: '19 - 3.8/4.8; '20 - 2nd/4th

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:12 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:53 am A year from now, the money will look average as several contracts will surpass his.
This...
It's not a horrible contract right now, and will only look better as the years go by (provided Diggs stays healthy).

Remember a short while ago when Julio signed the richest WR contract? He's soon to be out of the top 10 (is he already?) and is asking for more $.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:09 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:23 pm Diggs is officially Keenan Allen 2.0, just wait for it and miss out on the gravy train!!
So he is going to injury his kidney this season and tear his ACL in 2019? :surprised:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

What are you guys doing with Diggs?

Postby Fezzik » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:58 am

Ok here's my Diggs situation.

So I have Diggs in a PPR. Team 3 in signature - strong contender (3rd in points through 3 weeks and only 22 less than first place). Kinda short rosters at 20 players, no taxi and no IR, so it makes holding guys that you can't play kind of tough.

As far as Diggs, love the player. He's a fantastic route runner (maybe the best in the league), gains separation like a boss, excellent at the catch point (actually read somewhere he's the best contested ball receiver in the league, but can't find the source on that). Just kind of fun to watch too. Dude's got some negatives about him too; gets nicked up a lot and doesn't play well hurt. But the main thing is that he's on an offense that just doesn't want to throw the ball at all, and they have an equally good or better receiver in Thielen on the other side. I really just kind of don't know what to do with the guy. I mean, I guess hold him is the obvious answer, but I'd prefer to have a startable asset. He's tied to the Vikings for a few more years though, and is an excellent real life football asset to have.

In PPR through 3 games, he's averaging 2 - 33 and .33td. Now it's only three games and I think this trends up a little bit, but this is kind of what I see the Vikings wanting to be, an old school running offense.

I guess I'm asking the Diggs owners out there, what are you guys doing with Diggs?

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: What are you guys doing with Diggs?

Postby Servo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:01 am

That offense appears to be making both Thielen and Diggs purely TD dependent as of today.

To make matters worse, they're winning with this "Establish the Cook" offense which obviously reinforces the style of play. It's almost as if you'd need Dalvin to go down for Minny to potentially go back to what they were last year.

As a Diggs owner myself, I dunno. The only solace is, it's happening to Thielen too.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:07 am

You have to hold. The O is going to even out - opposition will start stacking the box and forcing Cousins to beat them (and who knows if he will). Either way, opportunity is going to come for Diggs and with him it isn't a matter of if he is skilled or not, it is about opportunity.

If you don't want to ride him out you can try to sell, but I doubt you are going to get WR10-15 value out of him (which is probably where he belongs).
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:09 am

Would be a bad time to sell.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:11 am

I’m flicking off his name each time I look at roster and weekly score updates...can’t sell, not many are gonna pay what he’s “worth” because it’s been an ugly start for MINN passing game. It has to improve, it has to

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:24 am

Benching him.