Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby Phaded » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:44 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:53 am
Phaded wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:45 am What are you even on about? I literally went on to say he will be a great fantasy asset.

Teams who can't run the ball or play defense aren't winning a Super Bowl. That should be no secret.
Lol you throw the shot in there about KC not winning any super bowls and then ask what the KC fan is on about? C'mon bro...

This is a Lamar thread anyway. It will be fun to see Mahomes and Lamar on the same field again
Legit didn't even know he was a KC fan. It makes more sense now.

But yeah, it's the first game this year I am actually looking forward to.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:17 pm

Getting plenty off topic, but how is KC written off as a SB contender? They *absolutely* are. Hell they gave NE a better game in the championship game than LAR gave em in the SB. They are on the exact same trajectory. Not saying I’d bet even money on them, but it’s very silly to me to just say they won’t win one.

Back to Lamar, I think this week is a great test. Yeah the defense he is playing is squishy, but he’s going to *have* to post points to compete with KC. The defenses he’s played so far weren’t good, and they beat up on em. Little different ball game here, even if it’s still soft defense.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Wasn’t able to watch the game how did he do? Looks like he wasnt all that great today being 22/45 .
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:11 pm

Guess he sucks now.... sell window is now closed!
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:23 pm

Lamar wasn't bad by any means. He definitely missed some throws, but he made a lot out of nothing with his legs. If anything I have more of a problem with the game plan / play calling. Too many times BAL tried to go for it when they didn't need to. I mean you stopped them and scored, make it 7-0... Instead it's 6-0 and you go down 7- 6 and try to chase the points all game. Who knows what would happen because butterfly effect (Mahomes probably would've just drove down and scored anyway lol). The ground game was definitely working and I think KC D was trying to limit the big plays and did a good job taking them away. I would've liked to see BAL keep an early lead and game plan from there...

I think Andrews wasn't fully healthy and Hurst almost had a few nice plays; one TD in particular a defender broke up.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:32 pm

Tvols wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:44 pm Wasn’t able to watch the game how did he do? Looks like he wasnt all that great today being 22/45 .
Today was a harder test, KC managed to pressure him a fair amount. He had a lot of "nearly" plays, and his receivers were generally pretty lacklustre for the first 3Q's. KC ran 5-6 DB's all day. There also seemed to be a conscious decision to play "track meet" style in the first half in an effort to keep up with KC - which wasn't really working at all. Meanwhile, every run play attempted by BAL pretty much went for 5+ yards.

Once they got back to being a running team in the 2nd half, they gashed them for big gains all day. If KC had been able to stop Ingram in the slightest in the RZ, then perhaps Lamar would have had to do more... but he was still fine.

Because, with all that said... in my league today (4pts per passing TD)
Lamar: 21.2 pts
Mahomes: 27.7 pts

The title of this thread is concerning Lamar never being a good passer. It's a fine thesis, but it completely misses the point of where his value lies... because as long as he's out there, he's one of the safest floor plays in Fantasy.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 pm

mild wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:32 pm The title of this thread is concerning Lamar never being a good passer. It's a fine thesis, but it completely misses the point of where his value lies... because as long as he's out there, he's one of the safest floor plays in Fantasy.
I dont think it misses the point at all. If he cant throw...we are counting on his legs getting us points. If your counting on a qb's running to get you 20 every sunday....may be better/safer to just have a passing qb at the helm of your squad.

I dont have the numbers in front of me, but i highly doubt we are putting big time "value" to a qb that is a low end qb 1 or high end qb 2.... essentially he becomes just like everyone else, not elite.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:06 am

sloth8u wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 pm
mild wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:32 pm The title of this thread is concerning Lamar never being a good passer. It's a fine thesis, but it completely misses the point of where his value lies... because as long as he's out there, he's one of the safest floor plays in Fantasy.
I dont think it misses the point at all. If he cant throw...we are counting on his legs getting us points. If your counting on a qb's running to get you 20 every sunday....may be better/safer to just have a passing qb at the helm of your squad.

I dont have the numbers in front of me, but i highly doubt we are putting big time "value" to a qb that is a low end qb 1 or high end qb 2.... essentially he becomes just like everyone else, not elite.
He can throw tho, he made a couple amazing throws in the game from what i saw, the Snead one was a dumb decision but other QBs make those decisions and get praised for it when it works, this time it did work. Also IDK how he pulled off that throw to Seth Roberts. I do agree that they were definitely trying to go for the big play too much and should have just played their style. In the end while he didnt throw as many TDs as mahomes id say he hung with him considering the score was close and it was not a blowout by any means. Lets also remember he was vultured 3 times by ingram, if he had one more TD no one on here would have anything to say once again. Lamar isnt perfect by any means and he isnt nearly as talented as Mahomes when it comes to throwing the ball but he has made some great strides this year and will only get better.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:18 am

Can't believe Minshew outplayed Lamar against a meh KC defense. LFG
Last edited by Servo on Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:27 am

He put up 21 points while throwing 0 TD's and rushing for 1 TD.

That's pretty much his lowest point lol
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:57 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:06 am
sloth8u wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 pm

He can throw tho, he made a couple amazing throws in the game from what i saw, the Snead one was a dumb decision but other QBs make those decisions and get praised for it when it works, this time it did work. Also IDK how he pulled off that throw to Seth Roberts. I do agree that they were definitely trying to go for the big play too much and should have just played their style. In the end while he didnt throw as many TDs as mahomes id say he hung with him considering the score was close and it was not a blowout by any means. Lets also remember he was vultured 3 times by ingram, if he had one more TD no one on here would have anything to say once again. Lamar isnt perfect by any means and he isnt nearly as talented as Mahomes when it comes to throwing the ball but he has made some great strides this year and will only get better.
Well the difference is when Lamar has an off day passing he puts up 21 points. When someone like Baker Mayfield has an off day passing he puts up 8 points.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:51 am

I think that there are 3 different points in play.

1 - Whether or not you as an owner think Lamar Jackson is an athlete who throws vs. a QB who can run

2 - Whether or not you as an owner prefer the Floor or Upside of a QB

3 - Whether or not your need at QB is short / mid / long term.

----

If you're an owner who thinks he is an athlete who can throw, perhaps you're going to expect him to have high short term upside but less long term floor.

If you're an owner who thins he is a QB who can run, you're perhaps expecting him to have a high short term floor with better long term upside.

In the end, the ideal is to have a QB who can perform from the pocket, but who can be a threat to scramble and/or run. What I've seen from Lamar Jackson suggests that this could be his eventual outcome - and that will make him a lot more like John Elway, Russell Wilson or Steve Young than Tim Tebow or Kordell Stewart which is what many fear is the worst case outcome.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:53 am

He threw some nice deep balls in 1 on 1 situations when teams sell out vs the run. Slant, RPO, etc.....he can do the simple stuff. Make him drop back, go through progressions and beat you for 4 quarters and he won't.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:48 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:53 am He threw some nice deep balls in 1 on 1 situations when teams sell out vs the run. Slant, RPO, etc.....he can do the simple stuff. Make him drop back, go through progressions and beat you for 4 quarters and he won't.
Definitely not yet but i think he has shown so much improvement between this year and last year that this is something he can learn how to do. I dont think there is any doubt that this Lamar is a far better Quarterback that last years Lamar.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:59 pm

sloth8u wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 pm I dont think it misses the point at all. If he cant throw...we are counting on his legs getting us points. If your counting on a qb's running to get you 20 every sunday....may be better/safer to just have a passing qb at the helm of your squad.

Lol. You're missing MY point. I think he's a fine passer, not a great one. But he's also an ELITE rusher. Go and watch his touchdown run again - that is some video game sh**.

To the other guy listing points about whether he's an athlete who can pass, or a QB who runs, or whatever... here's the facts:

- He's 22 years old
- His organisation is a good one, and they've committed to building around him - both in offensive scheme, and ethos
- He's already shown marked improvement in his passing from Year 1 to Year 2
- You just saw a floor game, and it was still a very robust fantasy score
- You've also seen two ceiling games, where he was a fantasy week-winner

People grousing about him not being a conventional passer can get off my lawn. :D This guy is a fantasy cheat code, and we play Dynasty. Just make sure you have a good backup QB and you're set.