General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:13 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:41 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:15 am
bjd5211 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:07 am Nope, he'll have to do it 10 times vs the Bears D before people start to accept he has the ability to be a quality QB in this league.
The 1985 bears D
Even then once he has one bad game people will crawl back up from those graves
The thing that is so funny is its not like was a bad QB last year and he gets all this hate. He wasnt great but he def wasnt bad and he obviously didnt lose them games. People saw him run a lot last year and formed an opinion on that and now they are seeing him throw and throw well and they just dont know what to do. Yes he played bad in the Chargers game, but he was a rookie vs a good defense in his first playoff game. Many things have changed since last season. He has had a whole offseason with the team. I think this offense could be something special. He has his security blanket well established in Andrews, he seems to have a nice play maker in Brown, a solid run game, and nice complimentary pieces in Hurst, Boykin, etc.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:16 pm

Just a bunch of horn tooting in this thread. It's boring

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:18 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:04 am If he goes out there this weekend and hangs with Mahomes are the people who dont like him dead and buried?
Funny thing is people still want to hate Mahomes (i.e. bound to regress), so I don't think you'll ever get rid of haters.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:20 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:16 pm Just a bunch of horn tooting in this thread. It's boring
I started the thread my toot gets to be the loudest :dance:
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:21 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:18 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:04 am If he goes out there this weekend and hangs with Mahomes are the people who dont like him dead and buried?
Funny thing is people still want to hate Mahomes (i.e. bound to regress), so I don't think you'll ever get rid of haters.
I don't know if that is hate. He had like an ALL TIME great season. Like in the 100 year history maybe 3 guys have had better season

A regression is just logical
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:23 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:16 pm Just a bunch of horn tooting in this thread. It's boring
Well its been a fun ride for the Lamar loyalists the last two games. I know his first pick will have the non believers crawling back here and the horn tooting will end and we will have to go on the defensive again, so im enjoying this.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:25 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:21 pm
I don't know if that is hate. He had like an ALL TIME great season. Like in the 100 year history maybe 3 guys have had better season

A regression is just logical
I will admit I let my real team fandom get in the way of seeing how good Mahomes is and was one of the "doubters" but like Ubuto says the regression thing is just logical. Perhaps Mahomes blows that logic out of the water. We shall see.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:03 am

Even most of them agree Mahomes is QB1 though

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:43 am

And he’s dominating again without his best playmaker and no run game.my point is everyone jumped on the bandwagon to doubt Mahomes status as the MVP of the NFL. I don’t want to start this debate here, but suffice to say the doubt I’m calling out wasn’t a reasonable estimate that he wouldn’t match 100% of his yards or TDS from last year, but that he’d regress to something other than a top 3 QB in the league. I don’t see that happening
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:04 am

jcc6fd wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:43 am And he’s dominating again without his best playmaker and no run game.my point is everyone jumped on the bandwagon to doubt Mahomes status as the MVP of the NFL. I don’t want to start this debate here, but suffice to say the doubt I’m calling out wasn’t a reasonable estimate that he wouldn’t match 100% of his yards or TDS from last year, but that he’d regress to something other than a top 3 QB in the league. I don’t see that happening
With all fairness, his performance against the Raiders could be done by just about any quarterback in the league.. it was just stupid how open the Raiders defense was letting players get.

Mahomes is going to be great for fantasy at this rate, but this team isn't going to be winning any Super Bowls.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:29 am

Raiders season is going poorly so it’s time to be self critical to bring down the chiefs? I didn’t mention the team’s prospects at all, just Mahomes’ performance. I won’t predict a super bowl win because that seems like a fools errand, but they’re going to compete for it

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:45 am

What are you even on about? I literally went on to say he will be a great fantasy asset.

Teams who can't run the ball or play defense aren't winning a Super Bowl. That should be no secret.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:16 am

Phaded wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:45 am What are you even on about? I literally went on to say he will be a great fantasy asset.

Teams who can't run the ball or play defense aren't winning a Super Bowl. That should be no secret.
I think the NFL is trying to change that

They want teams playing like the golden stage warriors.

70-63
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:53 am

Phaded wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:45 am What are you even on about? I literally went on to say he will be a great fantasy asset.

Lol you throw the shot in there about KC not winning any super bowls and then ask what the KC fan is on about? C'mon bro...

This is a Lamar thread anyway. It will be fun to see Mahomes and Lamar on the same field again

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:04 pm

Yeah I am really looking forward to this matchup this week - should be a very good test for both teams & both QBs.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..