Darrell Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Darrell Henderson is your new 1.01 now.

Postby Phaded » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:48 pm

Well that is interesting, since NFL.com is the site with the different numbers.

That said, it certainly doesn't look like on tape that Sanders has faced a stacked box on over half his carries..

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:48 pm Well that is interesting, since NFL.com is the site with the different numbers.

That said, it certainly doesn't look like on tape that Sanders has faced a stacked box on over half his carries..
I think the nextgen numbers might be the % of his SNAPS he faced 8+, but the % Barfield is using represents the % of time he faced 8+ on his actual carries. I don't know, just sharing some info relevant to the subject of Sanders that I ran across.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:48 pmThat said, it certainly doesn't look like on tape that Sanders has faced a stacked box on over half his carries..
Even if it is true, I'm curious if this is because the Eagles have run more two TE sets than anybody, so defenses have to adjust towards the middle of the field a little more, thus resulting in "stacked boxes".

I seriously doubt everyone is game-planning against a guy who hasn't really done anything yet.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:50 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:37 pm
Phaded wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:48 pmThat said, it certainly doesn't look like on tape that Sanders has faced a stacked box on over half his carries..
Even if it is true, I'm curious if this is because the Eagles have run more two TE sets than anybody, so defenses have to adjust towards the middle of the field a little more, thus resulting in "stacked boxes".

I seriously doubt everyone is game-planning against a guy who hasn't really done anything yet.
This is likely the case, it's not dissimilar to why TEN faced such a high percentage of stacked boxes last season.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:52 pm

I agree this is likely the reason why, not because they are keying on Sanders. That still does make the defense a little harder to run against however.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:20 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:52 pm

I agree this is likely the reason why, not because they are keying on Sanders. That still does make the defense a little harder to run against however.
Does it though? Pretty sure most TEs (especially 2nd TEs) can block pretty well.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:16 pm

Why does a guy like Gurley (in years past) then face so few stacked boxes if the Rams run so many bunch tight bunch formations?
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:24 am

anybody selling henderson now in dynasty just doesn't understand the dynasty game very well.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:43 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:24 am anybody selling henderson now in dynasty just doesn't understand the dynasty game very well.
Well I would disagree. It's a difference of opinion. A wise owner would be able to unload players before their values tank. DH has given several indicators that he will never be "the guy", so selling before his value is gone would be a good idea.

HOWEVER, we (I) have been wrong before.

It's all about maximizing value. Doesn't mean that someone doesn't understand.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:51 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:24 am anybody selling henderson now in dynasty just doesn't understand the dynasty game very well.
It depends on the price, no? I'm not going to say anything that hasn't already been said, but my opinion all along was that the first round hype was out of control, and his true value was still high to mid 2nd rounder. There are probably people who see his first two games as a "buy low" window because they still value him at or near his peak draft value -- sell to them. There are probably people out there who think he's barely worth a 3rd because he lost time to Brown (even though we knew Brown got a good contract this summer) -- buy from them.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:08 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:54 am Let's not act like Henderson came into a situation where he had a clear path to touches, he has come in and is behind one of the best running backs to enter the league in the last few years in Gurley.
Henderson isn't ceding touches to Gurley. Gurley's situation has gone pretty much exactly as people predicted in creating a path for Henderson to get a clear path to touches.

He is ceding his touches to Malcolm Brown. I think a lot of people expected him to be serious competition for Brown as the guy behind Gurley (remember up until right before the season most of the discussion was that if you had Gurley you had to make sure and get his clear handcuff/backup, Henderson) and expected that in a worst case scenario he would split those backup touches with Brown and/or get passing down work.

No one that spent anything on him was expecting him to get almost Rojo levels of ghosted out of the gates.
Phaded wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:15 pm In regards to Sanders, my point was that he has flat out looked bad but I don't see anyone freaking out about him after two weeks.
Lots of people are worried about Sanders. And I can confirm in the one league I have him that he is definitely less valuable/appealing to buying owners right now.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:08 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:43 am
Well I would disagree. It's a difference of opinion. A wise owner would be able to unload players before their values tank. DH has given several indicators that he will never be "the guy", so selling before his value is gone would be a good idea.

This^ Sell lows and buy highs are a thing.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:09 pm

If you are able to recoup your 1st rounder if you spent one that's fantastic
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:32 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:09 pm
If you are able to recoup your 1st rounder if you spent one that's fantastic
breaking even is better than a loss. sometimes it's not about getting gains but managing your losses. but in this case, i think you have to hold.... if you are skiddish and want out i'd do it for break even value.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:37 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:43 am

if someone drafted henderson to be "the guy" they already lost when they hit the draft button. i thought he would get around 10 touches out the gate but that hasn't eventuated because malcolm brown is so good. it seems the rams will take their time with him and make sure he can pass block before they give him work.

patience is required here. i don't think his value will tank. once he gets on the field all it takes is a long run here and there and people will be all over him again.