2019 Week 3

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PR0v3
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby PR0v3 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:39 pm

DLF3000 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:18 pm
PR0v3 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:12 pm
I traded Fournette away this week for Penny + a 2020 1, 2, and 3 and I think I am going to regret it if the pick doesn’t end up top 5. He’s going to catch 70 balls this year. If he wasn’t being hit by 3 defenders 2 yards behind the LOS every single run he’d be an elite RB1.
You know PPR is broken when you regret not having a guy who had negative rushing yards nearly the entire game and a bunch of catches for almost no yards either!
I mean he still had 92 yards. I’m not big on the “but take away his longest run” takes so often seen because long runs is what teams want to happen when they run the ball. .5 ppr, too.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Jimmy G, Newton
RB: Penny, Mattison, Walton
WR: K. Allen, Boyd, Hollywood, C. Samuel, Davis, Ross, Pettis, A. Miller, Trequan, Washington, Lazard
TE: Andrews, Gesicki, Everett, OJ, Herndon
K: Legatron
Taxi: Deebo, JJAW, Justice,, Hurd
2020 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

User avatar
Blueboy
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1432
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby Blueboy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:55 pm

That was also Fournette's first long run since November of 2017, for context.

32 team, 3-copy SF, PPR, TE Premium
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 2Flex
QB: Brees, Ryan, Garoppolo
RB: D. Johnson, Gurley. M. Gordon, Gore, Peterson, Davis
WR: Julio, Larry Fitz, R. Woods, Antonio Brown, Corey Davis, Alshon, P. Williams
TE: Kelce, Dissly, Reed, Witten

Online
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11025
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:11 pm

PR0v3 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:12 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:04 pm
ArrylT wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:59 pm


Thought you said turkeys at first. :think: :lol: :oops:
Is a "Tuddy" a run where you gain positive yards? I'm not up to date with a lot of the new age lingo.

Serious question. Would anybody trade Ekeler for Fournette right now? Would anyone trade a random 2020 first for Fournette? That was a nice run milking the clock, and he got out of some bad tackling by a defeating team, but are people counting on that every game? I loved Fournette as a sophomore, and I don't like the NFL rules that say he shouldn't be able to declare after that year. He was totally ready for the NFL, but it's been a sad trajectory on LF's arc since that year.
I traded Fournette away this week for Penny + a 2020 1, 2, and 3 and I think I am going to regret it if the pick doesn’t end up top 5. He’s going to catch 70 balls this year. If he wasn’t being hit by 3 defenders 2 yards behind the LOS every single run he’d be an elite RB1.
I don't think you will regret that trade.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 20-5

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

User avatar
ghetto pimp
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby ghetto pimp » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:04 pm
ArrylT wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:59 pm
#5willalwaysloveyou wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 pm
Fournette grabbing 2 tuddys

🙏🙏🙏
Thought you said turkeys at first. :think: :lol: :oops:
Is a "Tuddy" a run where you gain positive yards? I'm not up to date with a lot of the new age lingo.

Serious question. Would anybody trade Ekeler for Fournette right now? Would anyone trade a random 2020 first for Fournette? That was a nice run milking the clock, and he got out of some bad tackling by a defeating team, but are people counting on that every game? I loved Fournette as a sophomore, and I don't like the NFL rules that say he shouldn't be able to declare after that year. He was totally ready for the NFL, but it's been a sad trajectory on LF's arc since that year.
Tuddy is a td

hoos89
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3674
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby hoos89 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:26 am

(This was a joke based on the fact that most of his runs went for negative yards)
Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
Wentz, Minshew, Bridgewater, Haskins
Michel, Burkhead, D. Harris, McKinnon, Richard, Gaskin, Washington
Kupp, Kirk, Deebo, Dorsett, J. Gordon, Lee, Da. Moore, Lazard
Ertz, Herndon, OJ
IR(2): Love, Coleman
Taxi(4): Jacobs, DJ Moore, Sutton, MVS
2020 Picks: 1st x 4, 2nd x 2, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Team 3: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
Ryan, Bridgewater, Flacco, Tannehill, Stidham
Gurley, Barber, M. Brown, Miller, McKinnon, Ito, J. Jackson, R. Anderson, Richard
Thomas, Cooks, Watkins, Anderson, Beasley, Foster, Doctson, KeeSean, Lazard
Hooper, Herndon, Witten, Higbee, Reed
2020 Picks: 1st x 5, 2nd x 2

Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

grooner
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:01 am

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby grooner » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:11 pm
PR0v3 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:12 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:04 pm


Is a "Tuddy" a run where you gain positive yards? I'm not up to date with a lot of the new age lingo.

Serious question. Would anybody trade Ekeler for Fournette right now? Would anyone trade a random 2020 first for Fournette? That was a nice run milking the clock, and he got out of some bad tackling by a defeating team, but are people counting on that every game? I loved Fournette as a sophomore, and I don't like the NFL rules that say he shouldn't be able to declare after that year. He was totally ready for the NFL, but it's been a sad trajectory on LF's arc since that year.
I traded Fournette away this week for Penny + a 2020 1, 2, and 3 and I think I am going to regret it if the pick doesn’t end up top 5. He’s going to catch 70 balls this year. If he wasn’t being hit by 3 defenders 2 yards behind the LOS every single run he’d be an elite RB1.
I don't think you will regret that trade.
Agreed. I thought fournette was going to have a huge year, but I don't think it will happen anymore. He just looks like he lost a step, or confidence.

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:24 am

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:16 am

DLF3000 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:18 pm
You know PPR is broken when you regret not having a guy who had negative rushing yards nearly the entire game and a bunch of catches for almost no yards either!
You might be saying that in jest, but preach man. I hate full PPR, such a joke format.

I prefer half-PPR. But overall... half-PPR >> non-PPR >>>>>>> full PPR.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR spot)
1 QB | 2 RB | 2 WR | 1 TE | 1 FLEX | 1 K | 1 D
7-2, 1st (AP: 60-21 / 74.1%, 1st)
QB: Russ, Wentz
RB: Chubb, Bell, DJ, Gurley, Breida, Ty
WR: Nuk, Evans, Keenan, Diggs, AJG, Hollywood, Preston
TE: Kelce, Fant, Everett
K: Prater
D: Patriots, Colts
2020 Picks: 1st, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2021 Picks: 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2022 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:24 am

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:22 am

Any promising QBs besides Tua in the draft next year? I doubt the Titans will end up coming out of the draft with Tua (unless they're willing to pay the Dolphins a fortune), but it would be nice to have a reminder for patient optimism with AJ Brown.

Still believe in AJB's talent obviously, but I never like playing the waiting game for too long with these bad situations. I'll just spin last night's game as a positive for him, getting some important experience (and targets) against tough CBs like Ramsey and Bouye.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR spot)
1 QB | 2 RB | 2 WR | 1 TE | 1 FLEX | 1 K | 1 D
7-2, 1st (AP: 60-21 / 74.1%, 1st)
QB: Russ, Wentz
RB: Chubb, Bell, DJ, Gurley, Breida, Ty
WR: Nuk, Evans, Keenan, Diggs, AJG, Hollywood, Preston
TE: Kelce, Fant, Everett
K: Prater
D: Patriots, Colts
2020 Picks: 1st, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2021 Picks: 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2022 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

User avatar
murphysxm
Starter
Starter
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:10 am

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby murphysxm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:35 am

My big takeaway from this game is how did the Titans destroy the Browns, or any team for that matter?

Online
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11025
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:45 am

Life of Pablo wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:22 am
Any promising QBs besides Tua in the draft next year? I doubt the Titans will end up coming out of the draft with Tua (unless they're willing to pay the Dolphins a fortune), but it would be nice to have a reminder for patient optimism with AJ Brown.

Still believe in AJB's talent obviously, but I never like playing the waiting game for too long with these bad situations. I'll just spin last night's game as a positive for him, getting some important experience (and targets) against tough CBs like Ramsey and Bouye.
Fromm and Herbert, for starters.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 20-5

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

bjd5211
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2406
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:46 am

Life of Pablo wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:22 am
Any promising QBs besides Tua in the draft next year? I doubt the Titans will end up coming out of the draft with Tua (unless they're willing to pay the Dolphins a fortune), but it would be nice to have a reminder for patient optimism with AJ Brown.

Still believe in AJB's talent obviously, but I never like playing the waiting game for too long with these bad situations. I'll just spin last night's game as a positive for him, getting some important experience (and targets) against tough CBs like Ramsey and Bouye.
Justin Herbert Oregon

Likely the #2 QB in the draft and top 5 pick himself, some may still have him #1 over Tua

Jake Fromm Georgia

#3 right now and highly unlikely to overtake the top 2, but almost certainly a 1st round pick and good chance top 10

Jordan Love Utah State

Under the radar prospect, but is getting looks from scouts as a potential 1st round candidate

Jacob Eason Washington

Was beaten out by Fromm at Georgia and transferred, but playing very well and has good makeup. Could be a 1st rounder.

Joe Burrow LSU

Probably the fastest riser, wasn't really talked about as a draft prospect before the season, but continued great play good potentially vault him into 1st round conversation, perhapds even surpass Fromm.

I'm sure there are potentially more, but this is a pretty strong QB class and far more than just Tua. I don't think it's a forefone conclusion that Tua is the #1 pick/QB off the board, but that is certainly the most likely outcome.

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8708
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:00 am

murphysxm wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:35 am
My big takeaway from this game is how did the Titans destroy the Browns, or any team for that matter?
They have a good defense and can play better offensively than they showed. I'd guess playing on a short week contributed to some struggles.

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:24 am

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:14 am

bjd5211 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:46 am
Life of Pablo wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:22 am
Any promising QBs besides Tua in the draft next year? I doubt the Titans will end up coming out of the draft with Tua (unless they're willing to pay the Dolphins a fortune), but it would be nice to have a reminder for patient optimism with AJ Brown.

Still believe in AJB's talent obviously, but I never like playing the waiting game for too long with these bad situations. I'll just spin last night's game as a positive for him, getting some important experience (and targets) against tough CBs like Ramsey and Bouye.
Justin Herbert Oregon

Likely the #2 QB in the draft and top 5 pick himself, some may still have him #1 over Tua

Jake Fromm Georgia

#3 right now and highly unlikely to overtake the top 2, but almost certainly a 1st round pick and good chance top 10

Jordan Love Utah State

Under the radar prospect, but is getting looks from scouts as a potential 1st round candidate

Jacob Eason Washington

Was beaten out by Fromm at Georgia and transferred, but playing very well and has good makeup. Could be a 1st rounder.

Joe Burrow LSU

Probably the fastest riser, wasn't really talked about as a draft prospect before the season, but continued great play good potentially vault him into 1st round conversation, perhapds even surpass Fromm.

I'm sure there are potentially more, but this is a pretty strong QB class and far more than just Tua. I don't think it's a forefone conclusion that Tua is the #1 pick/QB off the board, but that is certainly the most likely outcome.
That was very informative, thanks. I don't do a good job following college football so I really only hear about the ones grabbing national headlines. But I straight-up forgot about Herbert and Fromm for some reason. Probably cause I just hear about Trevor Lawrence too much.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR spot)
1 QB | 2 RB | 2 WR | 1 TE | 1 FLEX | 1 K | 1 D
7-2, 1st (AP: 60-21 / 74.1%, 1st)
QB: Russ, Wentz
RB: Chubb, Bell, DJ, Gurley, Breida, Ty
WR: Nuk, Evans, Keenan, Diggs, AJG, Hollywood, Preston
TE: Kelce, Fant, Everett
K: Prater
D: Patriots, Colts
2020 Picks: 1st, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2021 Picks: 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2022 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

User avatar
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: Land of 10,000 Safe Spaces

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby Friction » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:18 am

I am not a huge Hurts fan, as far as pro prospects go, but it will be interesting to see how the NFL views him after putting up monster numbers under Riley this year. Baker had little hype until his senior year and Kyler had zilch going into last year, besides he was a known commodity due to being a baseball draftee.
Undecided Offensive Name for 2019
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady, Cousins
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Love
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Parris, Gallup
TE: Henry, Olsen, Herndon

bjd5211
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2406
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: 2019 Week 3

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:31 am

Friction wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:18 am
I am not a huge Hurts fan, as far as pro prospects go, but it will be interesting to see how the NFL views him after putting up monster numbers under Riley this year. Baker had little hype until his senior year and Kyler had zilch going into last year, besides he was a known commodity due to being a baseball draftee.
Yup, Hurts has a chance to maybe work himself into 1st round conversation too, which is incredible. Lincoln Riley is a wizard.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests