General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Calling my shot: Taysom Hill takeover

Postby Blueboy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:58 pm

Cherokee wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:16 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:55 am
Phaded wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:50 pm I agree, Bridgewater is a low quality backup as I said elsewhere - let alone starter.
There aren't 5 backups that are better than Bridgewater. Not saying he is a great QB, but to say he is a low quality backup is farcical.

The bar for backups is extremely low...

Heck, TheRinger has Teddy as their #2 backup in a recent article. And I generally agree with that take...
Hill may not even take a snap. We will find out real soon though
Hill too 15 snaps Week 1, and Brees was healthy then!

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:28 am

saints are going nowhere with teddy. the rams d didn't even raise a sweat defending that guy. and they have a history of losing to back up qbs who enter a game against them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:18 am

The Saints win a key game, on the road against a very tough opponent, and with the surprise comeback of the Giants, New Orleans is now atop their division at 2-1.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

frodo2003
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby frodo2003 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:04 am

Hill I rush 5 yards, and 1 reception 5 yards--Not what I was expecting

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:38 pm

I want to give kudos to the poster that was not afraid to take their shot and call Taysom Hill. They may have been wrong - but thats just how it played out. They could have been right as well. Teddy Bridgewater has done enough to keep the Saints from losing, and is now 2-0 as a Starter, and thus likely entrenched until Brees returns, but regardless I completely respect the guts & effort to take a stance.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:34 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:38 pm I want to give kudos to the poster that was not afraid to take their shot and call Taysom Hill. They may have been wrong - but thats just how it played out. They could have been right as well. Teddy Bridgewater has done enough to keep the Saints from losing, and is now 2-0 as a Starter, and thus likely entrenched until Brees returns, but regardless I completely respect the guts & effort to take a stance.
You don't say. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:08 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:34 pm
ArrylT wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:38 pm I want to give kudos to the poster that was not afraid to take their shot and call Taysom Hill. They may have been wrong - but thats just how it played out. They could have been right as well. Teddy Bridgewater has done enough to keep the Saints from losing, and is now 2-0 as a Starter, and thus likely entrenched until Brees returns, but regardless I completely respect the guts & effort to take a stance.
You don't say. :lol:
Such is life in this day and age of hot takes. Fling enough of it at a wall and some will stick. Then you strut around about how you were right.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:23 pm

Teddy Bridgewater is now 3-0 as a starter. It will be interesting to see how strong the market will be for him this upcoming off-season since he is only under contract this year (but correct me if I am wrong). I think the Saints will likely want to keep him around as heir apparent.

Regardless I am hopefully this will give more owners a chance to be more open to the idea of Teddy Bridgewater as a franchise starter.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:34 am

Thanks man. At this point I have to admit Teddy looks a little better than I expected. This last game (week 5) was probably the best game of his career, although he looked pretty terrible in weeks 3 & 4, with that typical Bridgewatering non-playmaking ~6.5 ypa.
I still feel strongly for Taysom Hill having the ability to be an NFL QB, but I definitely am re-evaluating my stance on Bridgewater not having that ability. Although he's at 3-0 there's no way Hill will get his shot, I'm not sold on Bridgewater after 1 good game out of 4 so far.