Parris Campbell
5%

Total votes: 216

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Corey Davis vs the 2019 Rookie WRs

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:37 am

Shcritters wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 am How about we do this a different way - do you take the over or under on the following stat line for ROY for Davis: 700 yards and 4 TD's.
ROY (rest-of-year), I say over for Davis, but not with confidence. It's a good line.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:44 am

DLF3000 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:37 am
Shcritters wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 am How about we do this a different way - do you take the over or under on the following stat line for ROY for Davis: 700 yards and 4 TD's.
ROY (rest-of-year), I say over for Davis, but not with confidence. It's a good line.
I'm firmly over with caveat that tannehill must play at least 8 games
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:51 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:44 am
DLF3000 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:37 am
I'm firmly over with caveat that tannehill must play at least 8 games
Dude, if you’re argument is based on Tannehill fixing all-that-ills Tennessee then you’re losing already.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:18 pm

Well I don't know if getting 701 yards and 5td would be "fixing all-that-ills"

Corey davis would still be considered a bust
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:47 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:08 am
IZigUZag wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:01 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:55 pm

New offense... Another new offense... He’ll take some time to adjust and get comfortable. He’s also getting a fair amount of pressure. When Lewan gets back, we’ll see how things go and get a better evaluation I think.
The new offense has nothing to do with his play this season. He's just missing receivers high almost every pass.

That is a new development. I have no idea what's going on with his accuracy this season... but it has only been two games, and he wasn't able to pass very much this offseason recovering from his ulnar nerve injury. The receiving core is definitely the best one he's ever had and if he can return back to normal with throwing the football there's a good chance this offense (including CD) rebounds.
Well can we draw a line, is Corey Davis good or is he a bust?
So far this year, Corey Davis has been really, really good. Mariota is just not playing well. I know people have called him a bad QB in the past, but legitimately what we've seen out of him this year is much worse than his usual standard. He's missing high on legitimately 50% of his passes. He's always had money passes (specifically down the seam) and he can't hit those either through two games.

At this point his accuracy issues have bottlenecked that entire offense.

Give him time to right the ship, Mariota will not play this badly the entire season.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:07 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:49 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:42 pm It's not all on Mariota. Corey Davis just isn't that good. He may be a good WR2 on another team, but I don't think he's a 1 at this point in his career.
Mariotas play through the first 2 games this season is some of the worst Ive ever seen out of him. He attempted one pass 15 yards last game. One pass. Hes been absolute money on seam passes throughout his career, this season everything is high. I have no idea why but at this point itd be hard to find backup QBs playing worse football than Mariota.

This is not who Mariota has been throughout his career, and I believe he’ll bounce back.
He attempted a pass to Walker 30 yards deep in the 4th quarter as well, but it was incomplete.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Mariota is 28th in Passing attempts so far. The only QB with less attempts - who has started 2 full games - is Kirk Cousins.

Stefon Diggs stat line through 2 games

3-86-1 9 targets.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Do something. Anything. Please.
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:03 pm

Maybe Davis wiil demand a trade at halftime and play.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:02 pm

I don’t understand how anybody can watch the Titans play and think Corey Davis is the problem with Corey Davis. Now I admit I haven’t seen much film on what Davis is actually doing during his routes, but I don’t think a single pass catcher in the NFL could produce in this offense. It’s just not possible to make an accurate judgement on any WR’s ability there, so there isn’t much to go off of or do than just wait.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:34 pm

Davis is not beating the top corners, though. The offense is basically Henry. It's was too old school to work against good D's in today's game. There's little motion or imagination. However, Davis is not getting open consistently. Mariota is missing open WR's tonight, but it's not Davis. He's just not that good. He's good, and in a better offense with a better QB would be better, but he was overdrafted. He's not going to be a WR1 on a team. It's not happening. I liked him a lot out of college, but did not get the opportunity to draft him. There was risk with a small school player who did not test athletically, though. He's gone to a bad team, and that's not his fault, but he's not torching DB's and we are seeing montages of him doing it and the QB simply not throwing to him. Even with a bad QB, you'd want to see that from a top 5 pick in his 3rd year, and we aren't.

My main point is that Davis is a good WR, but those that drafted him and have been hanging on to the idea that if it weren't for Mariota and the situation he'd be a top NFL WR are just not really seeing it clearly.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:34 pm Davis is not beating the top corners, though. The offense is basically Henry. It's was too old school to work against good D's in today's game. There's little motion or imagination. However, Davis is not getting open consistently. Mariota is missing open WR's tonight, but it's not Davis. He's just not that good. He's good, and in a better offense with a better QB would be better, but he was overdrafted. He's not going to be a WR1 on a team. It's not happening. I liked him a lot out of college, but did not get the opportunity to draft him. There was risk with a small school player who did not test athletically, though. He's gone to a bad team, and that's not his fault, but he's not torching DB's and we are seeing montages of him doing it and the QB simply not throwing to him. Even with a bad QB, you'd want to see that from a top 5 pick in his 3rd year, and we aren't.

My main point is that Davis is a good WR, but those that drafted him and have been hanging on to the idea that if it weren't for Mariota and the situation he'd be a top NFL WR are just not really seeing it clearly.
If you want a Davis nonhighlight montage, he just gave an Odellesque catch to add to the tape... on a basic 10 yard comeback route.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:05 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:49 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:34 pm Davis is not beating the top corners, though. The offense is basically Henry. It's was too old school to work against good D's in today's game. There's little motion or imagination. However, Davis is not getting open consistently. Mariota is missing open WR's tonight, but it's not Davis. He's just not that good. He's good, and in a better offense with a better QB would be better, but he was overdrafted. He's not going to be a WR1 on a team. It's not happening. I liked him a lot out of college, but did not get the opportunity to draft him. There was risk with a small school player who did not test athletically, though. He's gone to a bad team, and that's not his fault, but he's not torching DB's and we are seeing montages of him doing it and the QB simply not throwing to him. Even with a bad QB, you'd want to see that from a top 5 pick in his 3rd year, and we aren't.

If you want a Davis nonhighlight montage, he just gave an Odellesque catch to add to the tape... on a basic 10 yard comeback route.
That's not a montage. That's a play. Give me the montage of him breaking corners ankles and not getting the ball. You guys need to stop hanging your hat on plays that happen once every 6 months. That doesn't make a WR1. Lots of player can make amazing catches once in a while. Moe Alie-Cox, for instance.

He's 5 for 63 through almost 3 games. He's just not that good. Had I had a pick to take him in his rookie year, I would have taken him, but I didn't. However I always though he was overdrafted by the Titans, despite the fact I liked him as a prospect.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:14 pm

Somewhere, someone may have asked of Mike Vrabel (or any Titans fan) after the game tonight:

"What do you think of your offense's execution?"

"I'm in favor of it."

Aren't we all! What a freakin' train wreck.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:10 am

Mariota is just bad, like really really bad.
Stares down his first option on any play.
Never trust that his receivers can win contested catches (or does he simply not trust himself..??)
0 pocket awereness.

His confidence must be in the gutter and I doubt that will ever be fixed.

Granted, if Davis truly was elite WR1 - he would get enough open that Mariota would dare throw him the ball.
I still believe he has enough talent to be a solid WR2 option, but that simply won't happen with Mariota.

Also found this article, interesting read in respect to Davis' 2018-season.
https://titansized.com/2019/08/11/corey ... -coverage/