Total votes: 216

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Re: Corey Davis vs the 2019 Rookie WRs

Postby TimeWillTell » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:45 pm

Bot101 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:23 pm
TimeWillTell wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:28 pm
Shcritters wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:19 pm I’m so happy that I have both CD and AJBrown.

Talent over situation

*Deep breath*

Talent over situation

*Deep breath*

TALENT OVER SITUATION!

*Bites knuckle to drive the pain away*
I'm glad someone else did what I did with talent over situation. I'm rebuilding so I'm cool, but man I want something to change for next year.

Ok my issue with this is.... what talent? Go back to some of my earlier posts in this thread when the CD fanboys were breathing down my neck, and what I said then is true. Outside of a couple nice catches what has he done? His value rests on his performance 2 seasons ago vs the Pats and his draft capital. Ive got this turd in a 12 man SF and I cant even give him away to the Titans fan who goes to all the home games. That speaks volumes to me. Brown will be the WR 1 there before long. Book it.
I acquired Davis for Drake so I'm fine with that gamble. I took AJB at 1.10 because I felt he was best available even if it was Titans. I'm good holding for another year or two as I have the time and space.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:11 pm

Thats totally fine. Getting him for cheap is worth the shot. The problem is typically the guys who have him absolutely refuse to believe anything except he can and will be an elite fantasy asset. Hes Devante Parker to me until he proves otherwise. He dominates headlines during the offseason, he gets over drafted in fantasy and makes a few highlight reel catches but otherwise doesnt do what you want and leaves you with a sour taste in your mouth.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:57 am

While I don't think Davis will ever be a weekly start, Mariota is killing any chance he has. Mariota threw one pass that traveled more than 15 yards in the air vs the Colts. It went 16 yards. Hard to make any WR relevant doing that. Safeties don't even have to flip their hips and run with anybody.

It's honestly hard to evaluate any receiving talent on that team with Mariota at the helm. He is terrible.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:55 am

The Titans will exasperatingly stay relevant and win games because that defense will carry them. Well, maybe not too fantasy relevant, but football relevant.

As high as both Mariota and Davis were drafted, their passing game has been a huge disappointment for years now.

I moved on from Mariota last year, might do the same with Davis this year.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:24 am

DLF3000 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:55 am The Titans will exasperatingly stay relevant and win games because that defense will carry them. Well, maybe not too fantasy relevant, but football relevant.
This. This is the problem (fantasy wise). My hope is that they would either do really well or bottom out... and they seem to be stuck in the upper-middle. No reason to make drastic changes when this is the case. Which spells bad things for CD and all others not named Henry.

At this point I don't know whether to sell low or ride it out hoping Mariota implodes or they don't pick up his 5th year option.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:44 am

Davis is falling into the category where the offers I get aren't worth taking. Best I've been offered is 3rd round value.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:46 am

IR1 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:44 am Davis is falling into the category where the offers I get aren't worth taking. Best I've been offered is 3rd round value.
:sick: :crazy: Best to hold and be patient with crap offers like that. The hit rate of 3rd round picks is incredibly low.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:53 am

JFever wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:46 am
IR1 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:44 am Davis is falling into the category where the offers I get aren't worth taking. Best I've been offered is 3rd round value.
:sick: :crazy: Best to hold and be patient with crap offers like that. The hit rate of 3rd round picks is incredibly low.
I would rather have him clog my roster forn2 more years just put of spite

Look the guy went to a very small school Inwas stunned he went so high tbh. I always saw him as a bit of a project... not this bad though

I still think it's worth being patient I would easily pay a 2nd to acquire him right now with the hope Mariota gets it together or tennehill comes in
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:23 am

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:53 am

Look the guy went to a very small school Inwas stunned he went so high tbh. I always saw him as a bit of a project... not this bad though

I still think it's worth being patient I would easily pay a 2nd to acquire him right now with the hope Mariota gets it together or tennehill comes in
Agreed on all points, figured a little longer coming from a small school, but Tennessee is making this tough :D
QB- Herbert, Tua
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:23 am

IR1 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:23 am
MrUbuto wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:53 am

Agreed on all points, figured a little longer coming from a small school, but Tennessee is making this tough
QB- Herbert, Tua
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:15 am

I sent out a feeler to the Davis owner (offered Tyrell Williams) and he turned it down. I figured he would but then he told me Davis isn't available for trade due to his perceived value drop. Seems like people are still holding out hope that they can recoup value.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:25 am

The problem is not Davis. He creates separation on a regular basis. His QB doesnt know how to get him the ball. Look at the last play of the Colts game if you get a chance. Game on the line...throw to your best WR right? Wrong! Davis beats his man and would have easily converted the 4th down (you could have probably made the throw to him), instead Marcus locks in on AJB and fires a wild pass over his head.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:35 am

IMO, Davis is the quintessential example of why situation outweighs talent. There are very few players (skill position at least) whose talent can transcend a shitty situation. Saquon is probably the only player that falls into that category at the moment.

Yes ... the situations can change very quickly, but how long is it reasonable to wait on a guy like Davis? Will he be in his 4th or 5th year when he finally gets to play with a quality QB and in an offense-minded system? In that time, how much of his development will have been stunted? Will he only get one shot in a new system? What if he gets injured in his first year in a new situation? He probably doesn’t have enough of a resume to warrant a second chance to be the focus of a passing game, so he’d likely max out as a team’s WR2.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:41 am

Also add that I dont think this is rock bottom. The Titans schedule has some stout defenses upcoming and many that are great against the pass (at least have been historically). Unless the Titans move to Tannehill and he creates some spark, Davis may be even cheaper come week 10.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:45 am

With any luck, they trade Davis to the Jags for Ramsey and whatever picks need to be involved.

Talk about getting out of jail! Well, fantasy-wise. Any place, even the Jags, has to be an improvement, right?
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -