Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kaz
Captain
Captain

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby Kaz » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:02 pm

I do think he shouldn't be on the exempt list yet, but I 100% think the Pats should have sat him. He's still getting paid, and would be even on the list. I suppose it all depends on the text messages, but if he did send text messages about doing stuff to her while asleep... he should be gone. That's rape, and I think the league has to step in for something like that. On another note, I'm honestly surprised the Pats didn't sit him for failing to tell them about it. That cost Hunt his job, but I guess they aren't as put out with or feel they don't want to upset him too much given his circus in Oak.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:53 am

Kaz wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:02 pm I 100% think the Pats should have sat him. He's still getting paid
that looks like a contradiction.

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:28 am

Have we entered the 57th brief sell window for AB? He went for Mike Williams and a 2020 mid-late 1st in one of my leagues yesterday. If I am an owner I am probably not selling at that price.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:30 am

A second woman has now accused him of sexual misconduct

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:25 am

Not a fan of AB the human but I am a fan of innocent until proven guilty.

Accused doesn't mean his livelihood should be destroyed. None of this is in the criminal courts at this point which when happened, if it did, should have been. Coming back years later for money in a civil case becomes an issue between two parties.

Time will tell but until then he has as much right to work as the accuser does in cases like this.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:30 am

blemly wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:28 am Have we entered the 57th brief sell window for AB? He went for Mike Williams and a 2020 mid-late 1st in one of my leagues yesterday. If I am an owner I am probably not selling at that price.
huh? Id say that is a nice offer. We do play dynasty right? AB is 31 I think. MW is what 24? C'mon man. With what is going on with AB, what are you expecting?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:46 am

I sold for two 1sts in a 16 team league when he was traded to NE as I'd been looking for a chance to unload him even before he went to the Raiders originally, he may still have the skills but I am really getting tired of star players with so much baggage surrounding them and it's now looking like it may get worse for AB

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:11 am

JFever wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:30 am
blemly wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:28 am Have we entered the 57th brief sell window for AB? He went for Mike Williams and a 2020 mid-late 1st in one of my leagues yesterday. If I am an owner I am probably not selling at that price.
huh? Id say that is a nice offer. We do play dynasty right? AB is 31 I think. MW is what 24? C'mon man. With what is going on with AB, what are you expecting?
I'm with JFever on this one. I'd be reluctant to give up Mike Williams straight up for AB now with all his risk. No way do I add a 1st on top of that.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:13 am

Almost like somebody's leaking AB's dirty laundry. Wow! If 1/2 of this is true, he's one dispicable person.

Maybe this is why nobody invited AB over to their house? :shock: :shock: :shock:

"The accuser (whose name Klemko did not reveal on the condition of anonymity) was commissioned to paint a mural at Brown's home when AB spoke to her while allegedly naked except for a hand cloth covering his genitals. Klemko goes on to describe numerous instances where Brown reneged on agreements, inventing sources of conflict to get out of paying chefs, publicists, trainers, valets, personal assistants and even a charity. Aside from stiffing his employees, the article also alleges Brown intentionally passed gas in a doctor's face during a check-up and allowed party guests to freely smoke marijuana in the presence of his children while repeatedly "ghosting" those he owed money. Overall, Klemko's profile paints the portrait of a deeply disturbed narcissist with chronic anger issues and little regard for other people. Brown is finally back to playing football but the dark cloud of controversy swirling around him continues to grow."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/anton ... ct-assault

dlf4lyfe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dlf4lyfe » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:36 am

pvillebiker wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:13 am "the article also alleges Brown intentionally passed gas in a doctor's face during a check-up"
haven't we all?
10 team | 10 Keepers | .5 ppr | QB | RBx2 | WRx2 | RB/WR/TE | WR/TE | K | D/ST

QB: Burrow | Prescott
RB: Chubb | Dobbins | Sanders | Edwards-Helaire | Patterson | Edmonds | Henderson | Edwards | Benjamin
WR/TE: Moore | London | Kelce | Cooks | Lockett | Lazard | Parker | Jones

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:40 am

I think I like him a bit more just because of that.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

drobes
Starter
Starter

Postby drobes » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:49 am

pvillebiker wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:13 am Almost like somebody's leaking AB's dirty laundry. Wow! If 1/2 of this is true, he's one dispicable person.

Maybe this is why nobody invited AB over to their house? :shock: :shock: :shock:

"The accuser (whose name Klemko did not reveal on the condition of anonymity) was commissioned to paint a mural at Brown's home when AB spoke to her while allegedly naked except for a hand cloth covering his genitals. Klemko goes on to describe numerous instances where Brown reneged on agreements, inventing sources of conflict to get out of paying chefs, publicists, trainers, valets, personal assistants and even a charity. Aside from stiffing his employees, the article also alleges Brown intentionally passed gas in a doctor's face during a check-up and allowed party guests to freely smoke marijuana in the presence of his children while repeatedly "ghosting" those he owed money. Overall, Klemko's profile paints the portrait of a deeply disturbed narcissist with chronic anger issues and little regard for other people. Brown is finally back to playing football but the dark cloud of controversy swirling around him continues to grow."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/anton ... ct-assault
Anyone who was paying attention already knew he was a despicable person. There have been plenty of civil cases already out in the public like how he scams property owners, mistreats and refuses to pay the employees he hires, or when he almost killed a toddler because he had a hissy-fit and threw a bunch of furniture off the balcony of his high-rise luxury condo.

It's natural that people who were previously willing to look the other way are now going to add their stories to the fire.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:22 pm

I would break my finger accepting that offer.

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:26 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:53 am
Kaz wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:02 pm I 100% think the Pats should have sat him. He's still getting paid
that looks like a contradiction.
Not at all. I was just referencing to the people who seem to think it'd be some great injustice for him to be put on the list. I'm pretty sure he still gets paid while still being on it, and we all know that's one of his main concerns.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods