MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:25 am

djeternal2 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 am
MrUbuto wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:54 pm
notweswelker wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:59 pm

The entire game was the result of the defense not trying man. Half of the team had glazed over eyes before they even snapped the ball.
That's pretty wild to say the other team just mailed it in.. WEEK 1.

Perhaps the coach didn't have them ready.. terrible game plane sure I'll by that

But at the end of the day a KID in his first NFL made grown as men who make millions of dollars playing this sport look foolish.

There is no possible way to not be very positive about this.
Really? How wild is it tho? There has been talk regarding the mess that is the Dolphins for awhile now.

"Late last month, Adam H. Beasley of the Miami Herald reported that the team would stage a mutiny if the Dolphins were to trade beloved offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil.

"The backlash would be amazing," the source said. "Guys would legit revolt.""

That trade did happen. Then the game on Sunday happened. And now we have these reports:

"Following the Dolphins' 59-10 blowout loss to the Baltimore Ravens, a league source with knowledge of the situation revealed to Pro Football Talk that multiple Dolphins players had contacted their agents and directed them to attempt to engineer trades elsewhere. The players believe that the coaching staff is not serious about competing in 2019, and they want to take their lumps now in hopes of establishing a foundation for the future by acquiring high draft picks. "

So if you've actually been paying attention to not only what Miami as a team has been doing ie trading for 2020 picks, fire sale right before the season including trading their best off lineman but what has been reported in regards to the locker room you could sorta see a performance like Sunday coming. And there will be many more of them. This will be the team to start all your offensive guys and stream the D vs the Dolphins.
I hear ya. But "camp rumours" "sources close the team say" "an agent for an anonymous player is engineering a trade"

Blah blah blah

I believe there is some truth to all that but at the end of the day these are grown as men playing in a game they've dedicated their lives too.

Maybe if this was week 10 and they were 1-9..?

But c'mon week 1. There have been worse teams on paper that have shocked the world and made the playoffs.

I'm not buying they just let brown make them look like chumps
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:29 am

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:25 am
djeternal2 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 am
MrUbuto wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:54 pm
That's pretty wild to say the other team just mailed it in.. WEEK 1.

Perhaps the coach didn't have them ready.. terrible game plane sure I'll by that

But at the end of the day a KID in his first NFL made grown as men who make millions of dollars playing this sport look foolish.

There is no possible way to not be very positive about this.
Really? How wild is it tho? There has been talk regarding the mess that is the Dolphins for awhile now.

"Late last month, Adam H. Beasley of the Miami Herald reported that the team would stage a mutiny if the Dolphins were to trade beloved offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil.

"The backlash would be amazing," the source said. "Guys would legit revolt.""

That trade did happen. Then the game on Sunday happened. And now we have these reports:

"Following the Dolphins' 59-10 blowout loss to the Baltimore Ravens, a league source with knowledge of the situation revealed to Pro Football Talk that multiple Dolphins players had contacted their agents and directed them to attempt to engineer trades elsewhere. The players believe that the coaching staff is not serious about competing in 2019, and they want to take their lumps now in hopes of establishing a foundation for the future by acquiring high draft picks. "

So if you've actually been paying attention to not only what Miami as a team has been doing ie trading for 2020 picks, fire sale right before the season including trading their best off lineman but what has been reported in regards to the locker room you could sorta see a performance like Sunday coming. And there will be many more of them. This will be the team to start all your offensive guys and stream the D vs the Dolphins.
I hear ya. But "camp rumours" "sources close the team say" "an agent for an anonymous player is engineering a trade"

Blah blah blah

I believe there is some truth to all that but at the end of the day these are grown as men playing in a game they've dedicated their lives too.

Maybe if this was week 10 and they were 1-9..?

But c'mon week 1. There have been worse teams on paper that have shocked the world and made the playoffs.

I'm not buying they just let brown make them look like chumps
If you've never heard of a team quitting on a coach or what not you haven't been watching team sports long enough. Even tho these are adults that have dedicated their life to this sport it still happens.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:49 am

Not saying it's impossible

But given the information we have EXTREMELY unlikely
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:14 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:49 am Not saying it's impossible

But given the information we have EXTREMELY unlikely
I may have been cavalier/incorrect with my word choice.
I think the better description wouldn't be that they didn't try, but their belief and confidence was shattered.

Kind of reminds me of the attitudes on the Cardinals last season, or the Rams during Fisher's last stand. It's not that guys weren't trying, but they just weren't buying in for various reasons.

This team was pretty thin, and then you've got Flores (who doesn't exactly have remarkable clout) coming in and gutting it of their best veteran players and leaders. It's a tough situation. I'm pretty sure that's not what Fitzpatrick signed up for. For Rosen it's a reliving of his Arizona nightmare. So to correct my verbage, it's not that they "quit" it's that they looked completely defeated before the ball was even snapped.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:45 pm

I hear ya.

That would be highly plausible if it weren't week 1

What I could see is them just being woefully unprepared and it showed.

Just got news about hunter henry.. I am thoroughly distraught right now
. :(
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:49 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:11 pm
Mike11 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:06 pm
Huh wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:12 pm
Ehhh, reek plays above the rim unlike djax.
I’m not prepared to say Brown can’t do that like tyreek. I certainly think he has more wiggle than Desean.
Desean was very slippery in his younger years. Tyreek is a more of an open field threat.. the desean Jackson comp is much more apt. Both of them can take a slant 80 yards for a score, or beat you deep with crisp route running and turning on the jets. Neither Brown or Jackson have that break tackle ability of Tyreek
They also don't have major character red flags that could pop off at any time, so there's that too.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:04 pm

All ill say is if a WR who was majorly hyped by the Dynasty Community in their college years came in and did what Hollywood did, someone like Corey Davis or Kevin White for example, many of you would not be saying "Oh it was only 1 week" or "Oh chill out it was the Dolphins". The dynasty community would instead be using this game to validate themselves and crown that WR the next big thing. Ive seen this time and time again in this community and its why rarely listen to anyones advice on player evaluation. Guys who arent hyped but perform need to perform that way for years in order to be truly respected in this community, ala Michael Thomas. Guys who are hyped and dont perform keep getting threads about them after years of being average of below average ala Corey Davis. To me while it was one game we saw more from Hollywood in one NFL game than we have in many other hyped receivers in 3 seasons. While it may only be one game, and it wont be topped this year, that one game is enough for me. Im all in and expect big things from him.
Last edited by Patsfan86 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:49 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:11 pm
Mike11 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:06 pm

I’m not prepared to say Brown can’t do that like tyreek. I certainly think he has more wiggle than Desean.
Desean was very slippery in his younger years. Tyreek is a more of an open field threat.. the desean Jackson comp is much more apt. Both of them can take a slant 80 yards for a score, or beat you deep with crisp route running and turning on the jets. Neither Brown or Jackson have that break tackle ability of Tyreek
They also don't have major character red flags that could pop off at any time, so there's that too.
Correct but we're commenting on play style, so irrelevant from that point of view. That being said Brown has an incredible story and to see the emotions he had after being drafted I am flat out rooting HARD for him. He has a lot of naysayers and I hope he proves them wrong.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:57 pm

I would probably quit on the game too if Hollywood made me look this foolish too. People are acting like Hollywood made these plays in garbage time or when the game was over.

Hollywood did what he did early in the game while missing offseason time, on a minimal snap count and still injured. Anyway you slice it, it was impressive.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:01 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:57 pm I would probably quit on the game too if Hollywood made me look this foolish too. People are acting like Hollywood made these plays in garbage time or when the game was over.

Hollywood did what he did early in the game while missing offseason time, on a minimal snap count and still injured. Anyway you slice it, it was impressive.
Even funnier when you realize one of the plays was a slant route where he broke a tackle and took it to the house. The Dolphins were clearly trying and Brown just made them look lethargic.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:27 pm

Exactly the idea of pro athletes quitting week 1 in the first half is laughable
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:38 pm

Hollywood is a good player, but the Dolphins are a mess. This game is not representing what he's going to see from the rest of the league. I have Hollywood, but I am still not overly optimistic about all of this. Lamar looked great, hell, everyone did. I still think this is going to be a bumpy ride, the entire offense. This was a powder puff matchup. All this backslapping is a bit premature. It's a great start, but I am still a bit cynical that he will be a viable weekly option this year. I agree Brown was under drafted in rookie drafts. However, I still don't buy this offense is going to be all that great, and Hollywood still needs to prove he can stay healthy and play against real NFL teams. I grabbed him in best ball, which is the format I prefer him in most, as with anyone on this offense. I think they will have some rough weeks. Arizona sucks, so I suspect they will do well at home. They really couldn't have asked for a better 2 weeks to get their offense going, but I want to see them against a semi competent team and defense before I start getting too excited.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Would be a fun if impossible exercise to wonder what if the Ravens & Cardinals changed QBs.

IE Murray was throwing to Brown, Snead & co and Lamar was throwing to Fitzgerald, Kirk & co.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:39 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:01 pm
Phaded wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:57 pm I would probably quit on the game too if Hollywood made me look this foolish too. People are acting like Hollywood made these plays in garbage time or when the game was over.

Even funnier when you realize one of the plays was a slant route where he broke a tackle and took it to the house. The Dolphins were clearly trying and Brown just made them look lethargic.
That play could have been made by a lot of WR's. They sold out for the run on that play. It was a slant, but it was play action. Willie McGinest broke that one down. Not saying his speed/quickness and route running didn't help, but quite a few guys in the league are making that play.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:39 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:34 pm Would be a fun if impossible exercise to wonder what if the Ravens & Cardinals changed QBs.

IE Murray was throwing to Brown, Snead & co and Lamar was throwing to Fitzgerald, Kirk & co.
For sure. I think Kyler is going to get eaten alive this week, and Lamar should have another good one.