Gardner Minshew

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
BucFanJKE
Starter
Starter
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:52 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby BucFanJKE » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:45 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:40 pm
BucFanJKE wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:36 pm
I already had him in a SF league, so luckily I didn't have to splurge. The Foles owner only offered a 2nd so I'm just keeping him and riding the wave.
I've been wondering if I should sell for a 2nd and profit or "ride the wave" as you said and who knows, maybe he earns the job or a job somewhere else...
Yeah, I get the appeal of selling for a 2nd, but I want a first or bust. Which means I likely don't sell him, but if he does manage to keep the job then I did well. His first game was very promising, but when I was evaluating him during the draft process I thought he was a pretty decent QB. His noodle arm stood out, but I don't really think of the Jags as a vertical passing attack anyways. Downgrade to Chark, upgrade to Dede. But since I don't have Baker, I'll take the light version. lol.
Team 1- 18 Champ, 19 2nd
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 3R, 3W, 1T, 1WRT, 1WT)
QB- Wentz, Watson, Jimmy G
RB- Zeke, Mixon, Sanders, Chubb, Ingram, White, R. Freeman, Pollard
WR- Hill, OBJ, Evans, Diggs, Edwards, Crowder, Tate
TE- Ertz, Henry, OJ Howard

Team 2
PPR (1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 2WRT)
QB- Brees, Rodgers, Winston
RB- Kamara, Sanders, Chubb, Gore
WR- Adams, Godwin, OBJ, Juju, Edwards, Cobb
TE- Henry, Njoku, Knox, Trautman

Team 3- 19 Champ
.5 PPR (1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 2 WRT)
QB- Brees, Wentz
RB- CMC, Zeke, Sanders, Gordon
WR- OBJ, Evans, Thielen, Gallup, Landry, Edelman, Edwards, Isabella, AB
TE- Kelce, Dissly

Team 4
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: Dak, Baker, Darnold
RB: CMC, Saquon, Bell, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Swift
WR: Adams, DJ Moore, Juju, AJB, OBJ, Edwards, Isabella, JJAW
TE: Kelce, Henry, Knox

Pew Dogs
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:14 am

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Pew Dogs » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:48 pm

Eye test (which means I don’t really know what I’m talking about) ... he looked very good!
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE,1RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB E.Elliott, M.Ingram, D.Freeman, R.Jones,
WR M.Thomas, J.Jones, A.Green, M.Gallup, D.Parker, A.Tate, C.Claypool
TE H.Henry, G.Olsen, J.Oliver

QB P.Mahomes, D.Jones
RB D.Cook, A. Mattison, T.Gurley, R. Armstead, D.Freeman
WR DJ.Moore, A.Robinson, D.Parker, E.Sanders, J.Reynolds, M.Pittman, C.Claypool
TE D.Goedert, I.Thomas, W.Dissly, J.Oliver

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, B.Roethlisberger, P.Rivers, R.Finley, M.Rudolph
RB D.Cook, D.Singletary, T.Cohen, Z.Moss, M.Boone
WR M.Evans, K.Golladay, M.Gallup, P.Williams, R.Anderson, C.Beasley, D.Funchess
TE G.Kittle, E.Engram, R.Dwelley, K.Smith

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow, R.Finley, B.Hundley, M.Rudolph
RB D.Cook, R.Jones, R.Mostert, J.White, A.Mattison, I.Smith, Q.Ollison
WR K.Allen, A.Theilen, AJ.Green, M.Gallup, T.Boyd, H.Renfrow, D.Jackson, J.Reynolds, A.Tate
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Dwelley, N.Noyle

User avatar
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 7824
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:37 pm

BucFanJKE wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:45 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:40 pm
BucFanJKE wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:36 pm
I already had him in a SF league, so luckily I didn't have to splurge. The Foles owner only offered a 2nd so I'm just keeping him and riding the wave.
I've been wondering if I should sell for a 2nd and profit or "ride the wave" as you said and who knows, maybe he earns the job or a job somewhere else...
Yeah, I get the appeal of selling for a 2nd, but I want a first or bust. Which means I likely don't sell him, but if he does manage to keep the job then I did well. His first game was very promising, but when I was evaluating him during the draft process I thought he was a pretty decent QB. His noodle arm stood out, but I don't really think of the Jags as a vertical passing attack anyways. Downgrade to Chark, upgrade to Dede. But since I don't have Baker, I'll take the light version. lol.
I agree, a second is great value but I'd ride it too. Maybe he's Austin Davis. Maybe he's Tony Romo.

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11968
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Phaded » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:40 pm
BucFanJKE wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:36 pm
I already had him in a SF league, so luckily I didn't have to splurge. The Foles owner only offered a 2nd so I'm just keeping him and riding the wave.
I've been wondering if I should sell for a 2nd and profit or "ride the wave" as you said and who knows, maybe he earns the job or a job somewhere else...
Ride that tickly stash.

Pullo Vision
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4520
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:23 pm

He went for about 10% in my non SF leagues this morning. QBs aren't highly valued.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 R/T, 1 Def

User avatar
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4408
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:07 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:00 pm
Maybe we shouldn't over-react too much. The Chiefs had one of the worst defenses last year, and already had the game nearly in hand by the time Minshew took over.

I'm not saying he won't be awesome, just that there's reason for pessimism.
Searched the thread looking for this. He was playing against the Chiefs after the game was well in hand. He obviously played well but the talk of him replacing a healthy Foles seems a bit premature
10 Team Half PPR Scoring: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex DST K
QB: Mahomes, Super Cam, Darnold, D. Jones
RB: D Cook, Fournette, Gurley, Lindsay, Z. Moss, D. Henderson, M. Brown, Gaskin, M. Davis, D. Williams
WR: Julio, A.J. Brown, K. Allen, Cooks, TY, Edelman
TE: Kelce, Cook, I. Thomas

User avatar
Dynasty DeLorean
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6313
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:08 pm

His adjusted completion percentage for the game was 100% lol. I also remember when I was researching for this rookie class this guy was pretty high on Minshew and chalks up his lack of perceived arm strength as somewhat of a mechanics issue, so it's possible with some work his arm can be fine. In the game vs KC he launched the ball 50 yards downfield and the throw was 100% all arm with zero help from his lower body. I think his arm strength is fine, it's just he needs to work on his mechanics.

honcho55
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1125
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby honcho55 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:26 pm

Had him rostered in a deeper 12tm SF, along with foles for my QB3.

I think I’d sell for a 2nd. Can definitely see the appeal of holding though.
my main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
14 team
start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT. *adding SF 2021

QB: Wilson, Watson, Herbert
RB: S Barkley, J Taylor, JK Dobbins, T Coleman, G Bernard, R Anderson
WR: J Smith-Schuster, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, A Cooper, C Kirk, A Miller, K Coutee, S Sims
TE. T Kelce, I Thomas, M Gesicki, W Dissly

Futures
2021: 1, 2, 2
2022: 1, 1, 1, 3, 3
2023: 1, 1, 3, 4, 5

User avatar
metalmat
Starter
Starter
Posts: 619
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby metalmat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:07 pm

I ended up going all in ($98.00) in my SF league and getting him. Probably an overpay but I am notoriously cheap at times with my FAAB and wanted to make sure I didn't make that mistake again. I'm actually going to start him over Winston this week and plan on using him for a while.
14 Tm ppr
QB Wentz, Carr, Minshew
RB Kamara, Mixon, David Johnson, Coleman, McKinnon, Scott, Dallas
WR Hopkins, Julio, ARob, Fitz, J.Brown, JJaw, Boykin,
TE Ertz, Knox, Jarwin

12 Tm .5 ppr
QB Brees, Stafford, Hurts, Rosen
RB Zeke, Fournette, White, Mostert, Coleman, McKissic, Scott, Pollard, Dallas, Perine, Calais
WR Amari, Tyreek, KA, Chark, GTate, Stills, Renfrow, ATate, DPJ
TE Fant, Knox, Doyle

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr
QB Ryan, Winston, Rudolph, Minshew, Tua
RB Gordon, Carson, Guice, Hunt, Duke, McKissic, Dillon
WR Boyd, RobbyA, Parker, Davis, Wilson, Tre'Quan, Miller, Ruggs, Jefferson, Hamler
TE Hooper, Doyle, Burton, Jarwin, K.Smith, Keene

14 Tm ppr
QB Stafford, Bridgewater, Newton
RB Justice, Hines, Ito, Dallas
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, Tre'Quan, Hardman, Washington, Aiyuk, A.Tate, Harmon, Renfrow, Proche, DPJ
TE Kittle, Sternberger

User avatar
Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2071
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Hottoddies » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:33 pm

metalmat wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:07 pm
I ended up going all in ($98.00) in my SF league and getting him. Probably an overpay but I am notoriously cheap at times with my FAAB and wanted to make sure I didn't make that mistake again. I'm actually going to start him over Winston this week and plan on using him for a while.
I spent 96% on him in my SF league. After losing Luck he was a big time need. I'm starting him over Kyler Murray vs. Baltimore.
BOLD PREDICTION Chubb will have more receptions than Hunt in 2020

Megan Phelps' 4 rules of dialogue
1) Don't assume bad intent
2) Ask questions
3) Stay calm
4) Make the argument

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16052
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Hottoddies wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:33 pm
metalmat wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:07 pm
I ended up going all in ($98.00) in my SF league and getting him. Probably an overpay but I am notoriously cheap at times with my FAAB and wanted to make sure I didn't make that mistake again. I'm actually going to start him over Winston this week and plan on using him for a while.
I spent 96% on him in my SF league. After losing Luck he was a big time need. I'm starting him over Kyler Murray vs. Baltimore.
Spent 33 percent (all I had left) in a SF and got him, and I had Foles.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, D Washington
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, , D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Clay

Taxi: Mims, Asiasi

I don't care about your SFBX team.

User avatar
metalmat
Starter
Starter
Posts: 619
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby metalmat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 pm
Hottoddies wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:33 pm
metalmat wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:07 pm
I ended up going all in ($98.00) in my SF league and getting him. Probably an overpay but I am notoriously cheap at times with my FAAB and wanted to make sure I didn't make that mistake again. I'm actually going to start him over Winston this week and plan on using him for a while.
I spent 96% on him in my SF league. After losing Luck he was a big time need. I'm starting him over Kyler Murray vs. Baltimore.
Spent 33 percent (all I had left) in a SF and got him, and I had Foles.
Good job. I'm still new to SF (and love it) but that is a bit surprising to me that you got him that cheap
14 Tm ppr
QB Wentz, Carr, Minshew
RB Kamara, Mixon, David Johnson, Coleman, McKinnon, Scott, Dallas
WR Hopkins, Julio, ARob, Fitz, J.Brown, JJaw, Boykin,
TE Ertz, Knox, Jarwin

12 Tm .5 ppr
QB Brees, Stafford, Hurts, Rosen
RB Zeke, Fournette, White, Mostert, Coleman, McKissic, Scott, Pollard, Dallas, Perine, Calais
WR Amari, Tyreek, KA, Chark, GTate, Stills, Renfrow, ATate, DPJ
TE Fant, Knox, Doyle

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr
QB Ryan, Winston, Rudolph, Minshew, Tua
RB Gordon, Carson, Guice, Hunt, Duke, McKissic, Dillon
WR Boyd, RobbyA, Parker, Davis, Wilson, Tre'Quan, Miller, Ruggs, Jefferson, Hamler
TE Hooper, Doyle, Burton, Jarwin, K.Smith, Keene

14 Tm ppr
QB Stafford, Bridgewater, Newton
RB Justice, Hines, Ito, Dallas
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, Tre'Quan, Hardman, Washington, Aiyuk, A.Tate, Harmon, Renfrow, Proche, DPJ
TE Kittle, Sternberger

User avatar
BucFanJKE
Starter
Starter
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:52 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby BucFanJKE » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:24 am

Phaded wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:49 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:40 pm
BucFanJKE wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:36 pm
I already had him in a SF league, so luckily I didn't have to splurge. The Foles owner only offered a 2nd so I'm just keeping him and riding the wave.
I've been wondering if I should sell for a 2nd and profit or "ride the wave" as you said and who knows, maybe he earns the job or a job somewhere else...
Ride that tickly stash.
Coming back to this, my hold out worked. And I was offered a 2020 1st this morning. I know longer get to enjoy the ride as an owner.
Team 1- 18 Champ, 19 2nd
SF .5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 1SF, 3R, 3W, 1T, 1WRT, 1WT)
QB- Wentz, Watson, Jimmy G
RB- Zeke, Mixon, Sanders, Chubb, Ingram, White, R. Freeman, Pollard
WR- Hill, OBJ, Evans, Diggs, Edwards, Crowder, Tate
TE- Ertz, Henry, OJ Howard

Team 2
PPR (1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 2WRT)
QB- Brees, Rodgers, Winston
RB- Kamara, Sanders, Chubb, Gore
WR- Adams, Godwin, OBJ, Juju, Edwards, Cobb
TE- Henry, Njoku, Knox, Trautman

Team 3- 19 Champ
.5 PPR (1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 2 WRT)
QB- Brees, Wentz
RB- CMC, Zeke, Sanders, Gordon
WR- OBJ, Evans, Thielen, Gallup, Landry, Edelman, Edwards, Isabella, AB
TE- Kelce, Dissly

Team 4
.5 PPR TE Prem (1Q, 2 R, 3W, 1 T, 3 WRT)
QB: Dak, Baker, Darnold
RB: CMC, Saquon, Bell, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Swift
WR: Adams, DJ Moore, Juju, AJB, OBJ, Edwards, Isabella, JJAW
TE: Kelce, Henry, Knox

IR1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3978
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:16 am

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby IR1 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:29 am

BucFanJKE wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:24 am
Phaded wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:49 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:40 pm


I've been wondering if I should sell for a 2nd and profit or "ride the wave" as you said and who knows, maybe he earns the job or a job somewhere else...
Ride that tickly stash.
Coming back to this, my hold out worked. And I was offered a 2020 1st this morning. I know longer get to enjoy the ride as an owner.
Pretty much used all my FAAB- would love to get an offer for a 2020 1st- nice move!
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Wilson, Wentz
RB-Kamara, Barkley Mixon, Dobbins
WR-Adams, Evans, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Harry, JJAW
TE- Kelce, Howard, Fant, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, Hurst,
DE- JBosa, Hunter, Dunlap, Barnett, Gross-Matos, Okwara
LB- D Jones, Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Pratt, Takitaki, Okereke
CB- Moore, Needham, Bradberry
S- Byard, HSmith, Johnson
IR James, Taylor
2021- 1st x 1, 2nd x3

12 team SF QB/RB/WR/TE/ 3flex/1SF
QB- Wentz, Cousins, Lock, Bridgewater, Minshew, Hurts
RB- Dobbins, Guice, KJohnson, Michel, Sanders, Dillon, Hill
WR- Allen, Lockett, AJ Brown, JJAW, Meyers, DJax, AMiller, Mims, Sheppard, MJones, Kirk, KCole
TE- Ertz, Fant, Hurst, Dwelley

grooner
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1964
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:01 am

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby grooner » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:00 am

Yeah i bid 100% and got him in my superflex league. Malcolm brown went for 61%, so a lot was spent this week!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], blemly, lawilt, MFundercover, remedy29, scsc7211, SNAFU, SteveMaddensShoes, themburns and 12 guests