Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL & Fantasy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: *MYTH* Lamar Jackson will never be a good passer

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:23 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:12 am Anyone who is arguing against Jackson didn't watch the tape of this game. Jackson has evolved. His first instinct is not run. He stands in the pocket and he was dropping dimes all game. When they unleash his running ability to go with it he's going to be hard to stop. People were arguing he had no accuracy before.

No, I don't own him anywhere
Yeah, that's a solid point. Looking to pass for multiple reads is something that many running QBs never really master. Only three official rushes. That is a HUGE improvement over last season. Didn't the Ravens say he'd still be running? Must be them just trying to mess with the opponents' game plans.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:14 am

sloth8u wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:24 pm
ArrylT wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:44 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5hCu1E-C1Y

Yes its a highlight video. But go to 3.12 of the video and watch that throw. Off-platform & accurate. IMO he showed something - this is just 1 example of a QB with poise in the pocket reacting & throwing accurately.
The td to boykin? You cant be serious? Poise in the pocket? He never even set his feet in the pocket. Drops back 10-15 yds and floats one to the back of the endzone off his back foot without ever setting.

If he had zipped it to the corner (where boykin was heading)...caught or not.... I would have been more impressed. Outside of the td to snead... I just didnt see "it" (in terms of his arm) like the rest.
Exactly that play. He had a man on him from almost the get-go. Did he try and run & make a play with his legs? No. Did he panic and throw the ball away? No. Did he throw the ball into heavy coverage for an INT? No.

He calmly moved back and threw an accurate pass on his back foot moving backwards. That is exactly the type of thing you want to see from an NFL QB. That throw alone showed me evidence Lamar Jackson has what it takes to make it as a QB.

If you disagree fair enough - but that was one of several plays that to me have shown Lamar Jackson has improved upon his rookie year. That was a play that, imho, you expect to see from a seasoned veteran QB, not a guy many people seem to feel cannot hack it. Nicely executed scramble drill.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:21 am

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/9/10/ ... all-of-you

Just saw this article. :)

Lamar Jackson is the youngest QB to have a perfect QB rating.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:30 am

sloth8u wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:45 pm
MrUbuto wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:07 pm Hollywood could have had 2 more.touchdowns. bleep he looks good. Mighty slippery and gets open a ton
Clearly just my opinion, but i think brown is the reason we are where we are today with lamar. The slant gets broken up or brown tackled, and/or he doesnt run under the bomb....and there really was nothing to see outside of the td to snead. (Which i thought was a fantastic throw)
If the Slant gets broken up or Brown gets tackled, or doesn't run under the bomb......

REALLY; None of that happened..... Maybe watch the film or simply look at the stats.......PERFECT PASSER RATING WEEK 1.

Passes were on target in stride. Like any QB he will have bad games but he didn't last week.

No question weapons help and Brown does looks special but Lamar was fantastic week 1 and there was plenty see on almost every single throw. The WR needs to run good routes and catch the ball but as good as the WR's played it was Lamar getting them the ball accurately and in stride resulting in TD's.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:41 am

sloth8u wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:35 pm
mild wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:27 pm
IR1 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:24 pm Kind of regret sending him in a trade, looked better passing than I expected, still want to see how he does under pressure but passed his first test. Seems like teams will figure out ways to defend him eventually
My prediction is that your "kind of regret" is going to be upgraded to "Saturday morning two forties of whiskey and a tab of acid hangover" level of regret by Week 6. :D
My prediction is, he'll choose run in that rpo offense at some point before week 6 and not get back up.

Thats the danger in relying on the guy. Noone questions his leadership or ability to win games in the nfl.

I really am shocked that so many feel he showed anything from that game.
That was my thinking- we've seen teams figure out Kaepernick in the past, but would have been nice while it lasted!
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:42 am

I have no stake in this discussion, but it seems like we are overreacting to one (great) week against a truly bad team. Let's give it a little more time before rushing to crown/dethrone him.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:42 am I have no stake in this discussion, but it seems like we are overreacting to one (great) week against a truly bad team. Let's give it a little more time before rushing to crown/dethrone him.
Hahaha, He was dethroned all last off season in multiple threads. Many said he can't throw, will never last as a running QB, Bad mechanics... this list goes on.

In a single game he proved many wrong. Throwing mechanics were outstanding, accuracy was outstanding, poise and leadership were outstanding.

It's not about crowning him or dethroning him but he deserves props for great play and if few ate crow in the process all the better.

We have all had that delicacy and still hate it so happy when it's not our turn to eat it. :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:27 am

Ice wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 am
dynastyninja wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:42 am I have no stake in this discussion, but it seems like we are overreacting to one (great) week against a truly bad team. Let's give it a little more time before rushing to crown/dethrone him.
Hahaha, He was dethroned all last off season in multiple threads. Many said he can't throw, will never last as a running QB, Bad mechanics... this list goes on.

In a single game he proved many wrong. Throwing mechanics were outstanding, accuracy was outstanding, poise and leadership were outstanding.

It's not about crowning him or dethroning him but he deserves props for great play and if few ate crow in the process all the better.

We have all had that delicacy and still hate it so happy when it's not our turn to eat it. :D
You could argue that all of last season proved them right, and this game could just be an outlier (as the hostorical data suggests).

We will know going forward, sure as hell surprised me with the stats/game.

vflgladiators
Captain
Captain

Postby vflgladiators » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:57 am

Imagine saying a player isn't good after they have a perfect passer rating and throw for 5 TDs and over 300 yards?
Team 1
12 team. PPR. 6pts all TDs. Long TD bonus. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Sam Howell, Kyle Trask
RBs: Rhamondre Stevenson, Keaontay Ingram, Kyren Williams, Isaiah Spiller
WR/TEs: Jahan Dotson, Kyle Pitts, Diontae Johnson, Elijah Moore, Rashod Bateman, John Metchie
K: Carlson, Boswell
DST: Patriots, Steelers
Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, 1.9, 1.11, 2.4, 3.1
2019 Champ

Team 2
12 Team Superflex. PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 1K, 1Def
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Howell, Brissett, Darnold
RBs: Kamara, Mattison, L. Murray, Fournette
WRs: Chase, Diontae Johnson, Toney, Dortch
TEs: Kelce, Dulcich, Juwan Johnson, Ertz
Ks: Tucker
DST: Colts, Jaguars
Picks: 1.8, 3.9
2022 Champ

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:19 am

I have a feeling this thread will go back and forth a lot this season... As soon as he struggles in a game, the haters will come back strong

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:23 am

vflgladiators wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:57 am Imagine saying a player isn't good after they have a perfect passer rating and throw for 5 TDs and over 300 yards?
Derek Anderson of the Browns had a 5 TD & over 300 yard game. I'd say he wasn't a good player. Same with Blake Bortles. It happens.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:25 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:19 am I have a feeling this thread will go back and forth a lot this season... As soon as he struggles in a game, the haters will come back strong
Even if he has another good game this week everyone will still be claiming it doesn't count because it was against the Cardinals. They'll be sure to say "I told ya so" if he's less than stellar though.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:41 am

I find it really odd that Seth Roberts and Willie Snead both logged in over 50 snaps this week ..

Snead with 2/41/1
Roberts with 1/10

Snap count article: https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2019/ ... ick-mekari
@PlankMelody

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:55 am

Plank wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:41 am I find it really odd that Seth Roberts and Willie Snead both logged in over 50 snaps this week ..

Snead with 2/41/1
Roberts with 1/10

Snap count article: https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2019/ ... ick-mekari
I thought it odd aswell. I'm sure this wasn't a "rehearsal".... For things to come?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:07 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:23 am
vflgladiators wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:57 am Imagine saying a player isn't good after they have a perfect passer rating and throw for 5 TDs and over 300 yards?
Derek Anderson of the Browns had a 5 TD & over 300 yard game. I'd say he wasn't a good player. Same with Blake Bortles. It happens.
It should be noted the opposing QB threw for 6 TDs & 400 yards in that same game. However that was a Pro Bowl year for Derek Anderson and was QB5 in fantasy that year. The year Blake Bortles threw that 5 TD game he was QB4. In other words this portends well for Jackson in 2019. ;)

On a more serious note - yeah I am not focused too much on the TDs or the stats from this past game - on any give game any QB can find himself with a great stat line - more by the tape. In fact one could argue the stats detract from the tape because many might just see the stats and think its a one game wonder & not pay closer attention to the tape.

And of course QBs are going to look good if they have good talent around him, which suggests that again good things are in store for 2019. Derek Anderson had Jamal Lewis, Braylon Edwards & Kellen Winslow as weapons that pro bowl year. Lamar Jackson - Mark Ingram, Hollywood Brown & Mark Andrews - so even if an owner is not sold on his tape / development they should at least be sold he has the weapons this year for a potential QB1 season. Not saying its a lock - just open to the possibility. :)