Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:31 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:10 pm I like M Brown, but I think week 1 will be an outlier.
Miami was essentially not playing. If you're waiting to get in on him, I think his price will stabilize/come down a bit in the next few weeks.
I disagree. While the miami organization may be tanking for tua the individual players have pride and are fighting for their careers.

Guys don't just quit on plays because they are down a few scores. They know some scout is watching this game it might cost them a few extra years in the league if they are seen as quitters
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:36 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:10 pm I like M Brown, but I think week 1 will be an outlier.
Miami was essentially not playing. If you're waiting to get in on him, I think his price will stabilize/come down a bit in the next few weeks.
Neither of his TD's were the result of the defense not trying. He burned a DB from the slot on a slant route, broke a tackle, and was gone. Then, he ran a simple fly route with no help from the safety and took it to the house.

This is just what Marquise Brown does.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:42 pm

...if 160 yards and 2 TDs or whatever he got is NOT an outlier and is the expected norm, the league is bleep.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:42 pm ...if 160 yards and 2 TDs or whatever he got is NOT an outlier and is the expected norm, the league is bleep.
Oh, he's absolutely going to have ups and downs like every other rookie. But, the ability to separate and win at all three levels is going to be very valuable for the Ravens.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:51 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:42 pm ...if 160 yards and 2 TDs or whatever he got is NOT an outlier and is the expected norm, the league is bleep.
Fair point. I'm quite certain he is not on pace for 2300 yards and 32 touchdowns. Haha
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:59 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:36 pm
Neither of his TD's were the result of the defense not trying. He burned a DB from the slot on a slant route, broke a tackle, and was gone. Then, he ran a simple fly route with no help from the safety and took it to the house.

The entire game was the result of the defense not trying man. Half of the team had glazed over eyes before they even snapped the ball.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:28 pm

To the naysayers: set a line for Week 2, then.

I will take the OVER on 100 yards.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:51 pm

mild wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:28 pm To the naysayers: set a line for Week 2, then.

I will take the OVER on 100 yards.
I'll take the under.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:54 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:59 pm

The entire game was the result of the defense not trying man. Half of the team had glazed over eyes before they even snapped the ball.
That's pretty wild to say the other team just mailed it in.. WEEK 1.

Perhaps the coach didn't have them ready.. terrible game plane sure I'll by that

But at the end of the day a KID in his first NFL made grown as men who make millions of dollars playing this sport look foolish.

There is no possible way to not be very positive about this.
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:57 pm

He played on like 14% of snaps. What we saw was encouraging but many a fantasy owner has been bitten rushing to best case scenarios off of small sample sizes,

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:00 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:57 pm He played on like 14% of snaps. What we saw was encouraging but many a fantasy owner has been bitten rushing to best case scenarios off of small sample sizes,
Yes. "Encouraging" really is the most I'm willing to take from this.

It shows he CAN do it. Now will he week to week?

That's a much more difficult question
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:45 am

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:57 pm He played on like 14% of snaps. What we saw was encouraging but many a fantasy owner has been bitten rushing to best case scenarios off of small sample sizes,
Coming off a long injury.....with extremely limited practice time.

Are you suggesting he will only play 14% of the snaps going forward? Of course he will play more. He is a starter and a 1st round draft choice.

Obviously his production was fantastic given his TD's came on his first two catches. Pretty sure his owners in fantasy are not rushing to sell him.

To your overall point: He is off to a great start, plenty of success and bumps in the road ahead. I am glad to own him in all my leagues including redraft leagues.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 am

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:54 pm
notweswelker wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:59 pm

That's pretty wild to say the other team just mailed it in.. WEEK 1.

Perhaps the coach didn't have them ready.. terrible game plane sure I'll by that

But at the end of the day a KID in his first NFL made grown as men who make millions of dollars playing this sport look foolish.

There is no possible way to not be very positive about this.
Really? How wild is it tho? There has been talk regarding the mess that is the Dolphins for awhile now.

"Late last month, Adam H. Beasley of the Miami Herald reported that the team would stage a mutiny if the Dolphins were to trade beloved offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil.

"The backlash would be amazing," the source said. "Guys would legit revolt.""

That trade did happen. Then the game on Sunday happened. And now we have these reports:

"Following the Dolphins' 59-10 blowout loss to the Baltimore Ravens, a league source with knowledge of the situation revealed to Pro Football Talk that multiple Dolphins players had contacted their agents and directed them to attempt to engineer trades elsewhere. The players believe that the coaching staff is not serious about competing in 2019, and they want to take their lumps now in hopes of establishing a foundation for the future by acquiring high draft picks. "

So if you've actually been paying attention to not only what Miami as a team has been doing ie trading for 2020 picks, fire sale right before the season including trading their best off lineman but what has been reported in regards to the locker room you could sorta see a performance like Sunday coming. And there will be many more of them. This will be the team to start all your offensive guys and stream the D vs the Dolphins.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:17 am

Brown was Great, Jackson was Great, the Dolphins were Bad.

Regardless of the Phin's trade of an offensive tackle the defense didn't show up. The coach game planned to stop the run and couldn't stop anything.

The Phins were not the only team in the league that got run over.

Big Ben looked like he never played a game in the NFL, The Giants were schooled by Dak, KC slaughtered the Jags, and the Browns looked they didn't practice on offense or defense one time this off season.

Looking at this game with a balanced view and most should come away with two overriding themes.

1) The Dolphins will most likely get a top 3 pick.
2) The Ravens are a serious threat to repeat as division champs and look better on offense than last year.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:48 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: