Preston Williams Hype Train

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Preston Williams Hype Train

Postby lanemitchell96 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:25 pm

I would go over on 100 but then again I'm pretty optimistic on him. I'd love to see what others think
Twitter: @LaneMitchell96
FF4L

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:48 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:23 pm O/U - 100 targets?

I know it sounds like a lot, but who is gonna get targets on that team? Wilson? Parker? Drake? Gesicki? It's attainable.
It's really going to depend on Flores and OC O'Shea. They're both unknown commodities at this point, and a lot is up in the air.
If he is starting week 1 and they really give him a shot over the retreads on the roster, I'd say over. Week 1 is going to give us a lot of insight here. My concern is that they go with a starting lineup of the retreads/gadgets, Parker/Wilson/Jakeem and PW gets scraps to start the season. Hard to tell which way they will go at this point.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:02 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:48 pm

I know it sounds like a lot, but who is gonna get targets on that team? Wilson? Parker? Drake? Gesicki? It's attainable.
It's really going to depend on Flores and OC O'Shea. They're both unknown commodities at this point, and a lot is up in the air.
If he is starting week 1 and they really give him a shot over the retreads on the roster, I'd say over. Week 1 is going to give us a lot of insight here. My concern is that they go with a starting lineup of the retreads/gadgets, Parker/Wilson/Jakeem and PW gets scraps to start the season. Hard to tell which way they will go at this point.
I fully expect Preston to be a bench player to start the year. Maybe half the year. They have contracts invested in Wilson and grant so presumably they will play. I think it will be up to Parker how much Preston plays. So could be week two that he is inserted into the starting lineup actually.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:48 pm

Probably under 100, but that's ok I'm not counting on him this year. I'm looking for him to develop his game and stay out of police cars. If he does these two things then this season will have been a wild success.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:18 pm

I think between 80-100 is attainable but a lot will depend on how things play out.

IE will Parker finally reach some of his potential?
will Albert Wilson stay healthy?
Will Miami throw over 550 PA?
How defensive minded is Flores & how creative is O'Shea (first time HC & OC)?

These first few weeks will definitely interesting to watch!
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:05 am

Lol I read this wrong the first time through :doh:
FF4L

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:30 am

lanemitchell96 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:05 am

Lol I read this wrong the first time through :doh:
The way you read it the first time is more accurate :lol: :lol:
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:45 am

Yikes, people really think this guy is going to get 100 targets this year? I know Stills is gone but this seems awfully lofty for the rookie. If I owned I'd be happy with 50.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:58 am

I don't care what he gets this year as long as he continues to show high level play when he can, and stays out of trouble I'm good sitting on him. I'd he is a star then we can hunt for a buyer that really loves him and get something a bit bluer
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:08 am

Ice wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:43 pm
ArrylT wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:27 pm Easier said than done unfortunately - but hopefully for Williams he'll heed the call.
Agree

A lot of M. Bryant in that kid.
Bryant has an addiction problem. Best I can tell Preston has a stalking problem. Not quite the same thing.

lanemitchell96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lanemitchell96 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:53 am

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:58 am I don't care what he gets this year as long as he continues to show high level play when he can, and stays out of trouble I'm good sitting on him. I'd he is a star then we can hunt for a buyer that really loves him and get something a bit bluer
Agreed - I'm not relying on him anywhere, still just a stash for me. I think he could very well produce *this year* but I wouldn't bet on it either

*Edit
FF4L

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:29 am

jcc6fd wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:45 am Yikes, people really think this guy is going to get 100 targets this year? I know Stills is gone but this seems awfully lofty for the rookie. If I owned I'd be happy with 50.
He's got a lot going for him situation wise.
It's lofty, but like I said, who are they going to be throwing it to? They've got two gadget players Grant/Wilson and a bust (Parker)in front of him.
If Williams is even resembling the real deal they are going to get him very involved. Combine that with the fact their defense resembles the Ravens Defense, albeit with 9 starters blindfolded and playing on one leg. They also have an atrocious O-Line, so rushing will be minimal.

So the situation looks like this: Two(not great) gunslingers at QB, who will be playing catch up all year, and whose WR depth chart is open wider than any other in the league. I'd be happy with 50, he's not in starting contention anywhere for me, but I think this situation is ripe for someone like him to really explode into fantasy relevance. Reminiscent of A-ROB's 2015, except the Jags at least had some semblance of a defense there.

Jakeem Grant? Please
Devante Parker? lol
Albert Wilson? 30 Catches a year

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:12 pm

Huh wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:08 am
Ice wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:43 pm
ArrylT wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:27 pm Easier said than done unfortunately - but hopefully for Williams he'll heed the call.
Agree

A lot of M. Bryant in that kid.
Bryant has an addiction problem. Best I can tell Preston has a stalking problem. Not quite the same thing.
Mental issues are the concern; it affects decision making regardless.

We see it from all types and the various symptoms shown.

I own him in one league based on talent so rooting for him. Btw, I was referring to similar talent set with Bryant.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:35 am

Choo choo... Couple sideline catches and great footwork on that drive. TD

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:25 pm

P Williams looks good.
Flores has completely lost this team though. Trading away your best young player days before week 1, that's a tough sell.
I think it's going to be tough to regain the belief of some of these young players, the whole Dolphins defense looked like they'd rather be in Guantanamo Bay than play today. Flores is going to have a tough time getting anyone who was here before him to play for him. The picks were nice but he may not be around to benefit.