Antonio Brown - Alive & Well in TB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Antonio Brown

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:29 pm
knotts4372 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:08 pm the narrative that he lost money is just not true as of now. in fact he potentially gained money. his contract now could be worth up to 15 million and if he balls out with the patriots like many do expect him to he'll be right back in line for another big contract next year. its a gamble sure but hes gambling on himself and i wont bet against him making more money in the long run rather easily
Which makes the narrative that he lost money completely true. He lost 20 million in guaranteed money. Those are the facts. Even if he comes back for year 2 and maxed out another 1 year deal, he breaks even, after 2 years, at best as it stands now.
the point was by this time next year id be willing to bet he gained money in the long run. if he can somehow manage to not do anything stupid i have no doubt someone will offer him a 2 or possibly 3 year deal. who knows maybe then we'll get to go on this rollercoaster ride all over again
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:50 pm

Even in the conference today AFTER his release, Gruden still sounded like he was praising AB.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:51 pm

The Great irony of AB to the Pats - the Steelers will *literally* be paying AB to kick their own @r$es every time they play this year. 8-) 8-) 8-)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Antonio Brown’s feets

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:57 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:48 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:04 pm For the longest time we all heard everyone say how Gruden runs the show. Now it appears that Mayock has the power...

Which is it?

This made Gruden look weak AND foolish. Knock on wood if you're with me.

Lol
How can we rule out the possibility (liklihood?) that Gruden and Mayock's actions are both coordinated and in sync. Good cop / bad cop wouldn't be a horrible strategy for volatile types like AB.
I think people in general, myself included, think we know a lot more than we actually do about this stuff. The media feeds into it, too. The NFL loves it. We all think we know better, so we're more involved in their product.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:58 pm

maybe this conspiracy goes even farther? maybe ab got all this tension with the steelers and the raiders to go down knowing he'd get the evil empire of darth bill to want him just so he could tear down the patriots from within. then after he does that, he goes back to the steelers and wins it all. what a damn genius he is

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:08 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:51 pm The Great irony of AB to the Pats - the Steelers will *literally* be paying AB to kick their own @r$es every time they play this year. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Well he's not eligible to play tomorrow and they aren't in the same division, so they won't play each other again unless they meet in the playoffs. So most he can play them is once, and a good chance not at all.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:33 pm

I dont really buy that this was Brown's plan all along. If he wanted to be a Pat he should have just gone to Buffalo and pulled his garbage there. They probably would have cut him for less than what the Raiders tolerated.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:40 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:33 pm I dont really buy that this was Brown's plan all along. If he wanted to be a Pat he should have just gone to Buffalo and pulled his garbage there. They probably would have cut him for less than what the Raiders tolerated.
he never chose to become a raider did he? i mean idk if i believe he planned all this but i wouldnt doubt it

@donnynutz on twitter

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:42 pm

knotts4372 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:40 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:33 pm I dont really buy that this was Brown's plan all along. If he wanted to be a Pat he should have just gone to Buffalo and pulled his garbage there. They probably would have cut him for less than what the Raiders tolerated.
he never chose to become a raider did he? i mean idk if i believe he planned all this but i wouldnt doubt it
He wanted to be on hard knocks, maybe?
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:02 pm

Yeah he never chose to be a Raider. There was always speculation that he wanted the Pats and they wanted him but the Steelers would not send him there. If I remember correctly, the Pats actually inquired about him.

So I guess it's possible he did this on purpose? I wouldn't personally bet on it but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:09 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:02 pm
Yeah he never chose to be a Raider. There was always speculation that he wanted the Pats and they wanted him but the Steelers would not send him there. If I remember correctly, the Pats actually inquired about him.

So I guess it's possible he did this on purpose? I wouldn't personally bet on it but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.
He choose to be a raider. The Steelers and bills had agreed on a deal and brown said that he wouldn’t report and the bills said they were out.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:12 pm

Yeah. He could have also asked the Steelers for an outright release, and threaten to retire there. It's pretty far fetched. Like I said before, had he not been fined originally, he'd still be in Oakland, but I think the Raiders had enough. Behind closed doors, Gruden and Mayock have to be on the same page. They lose their 3rd and 5th, but this definitely adds value to their first next year, so they get out basically without a loss, other than the loss of sleep they endured over his BS. They now have a ton of cap room for next year. I think Gruden wanted AB, more than Mayock, personally.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

metalmat
Starter
Starter

Postby metalmat » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:19 pm

He landed in the best possible situation. I own him nowhere in Dynasty but have him in all my redraft leagues so it was (and still is) a wild ride. I'm still skeptical he comes right out of the gate producing big numbers, I think in general it just makes all Patriots players outside of Brady a huge question mark.
14 Tm ppr (rebuilding)
QB Wentz, Carr, MacJ
RB Mixon, Ty'son, Gaskin, McKinnon, Coleman, David Johnson, Freeman, Darrel Williams, J.Patrick, Ahmed, Dobbins, Hasty
WR Hopkins, T.Patrick, E.Moore
TE Jarwin, Ertz, Knox, Tremble
Picks: 22 (1,1,1,2,2,3) 23 (1,1,1,2,2,3)

12 Tm .5 ppr
QB Stafford, Hurts, MacJ, KMond
RB Zeke, Fournette, White, Mostert, Coleman, Pollard, Dallas, Perine, B.Scott, Nwangwu, Hawkins
WR Amari, Tyreek, KA, Chark, Renfrow, Agholor, Patterson
TE Fant, Knox, Doyle, Allie-Cox

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr
QB Ryan, Winston, Mills, Minshew, Tua
RB Gordon, Carson, Harris, Hunt, Duke, D'Ernest, Dillon
WR Jefferson, Boyd, Ruggs, Davis, Parker, Hamler, Robby, Miller, E.Moore, Rodgers, Tre'Quan
TE Hooper, Conklin, Jarwin, Doyle, JuwanJ

14 Tm ppr
QB Stafford, Bridgewater, Fields
RB Hines, Harris, R.Jones, Murray, Freeman, J,Kelley, Hasty
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, J.Chase, Aiyuk, Hardman, Renfrow, Campbell, Eskridge, Tre'quan
TE Kittle, Freiermuth, Kroft

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:26 pm

metalmat wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:19 pm He landed in the best possible situation. I own him nowhere in Dynasty but have him in all my redraft leagues so it was (and still is) a wild ride. I'm still skeptical he comes right out of the gate producing big numbers, I think in general it just makes all Patriots players outside of Brady a huge question mark.
Edelman says “watch this”

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:26 pm

I think one thing people are overlooking is how complex the Patriots system is. It usually takes players a while to get caught up on all the x's and o's. I could really see him struggling early on and throwing a temper tantrum about it.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods