The gazelle (Tyrell Williams)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: The gazelle (Tyrell Williams)

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:52 am

He'll get more targets and catches without AB, but they'll probably be far less efficient which will cancel out a lot of value difference.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:01 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:52 am He'll get more targets and catches without AB, but they'll probably be far less efficient which will cancel out a lot of value difference.
Tyrell has been highly efficient his entire career. If there are plays to make he does. Or at least has.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:21 am

Because he's had a primary guy opposite him taking attention from the defense. Now he's going to be the primary and that efficiency is going to go down.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:28 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:21 am Because he's had a primary guy opposite him taking attention from the defense. Now he's going to be the primary and that efficiency is going to go down.
Not that one magical season. Not that one.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:32 am

At worst this is neutral for Williams I.e. lower efficiency and worse overall offense offset by higher target share. There should be a huge bump in his usage. This scenario likely keeps him in the high WR4 to mid WR3 range that he would have likely already had.

At best he’s now a volume based WR2 in a slightly improved offense.

I don’t see how AB being gone is negative for him
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:33 am

JJ Nelson, maybe?
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:12 pm

Any chance Marcell Ateman gets promoted from the practice squad?
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:35 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:12 pm Any chance Marcell Ateman gets promoted from the practice squad?
Possibly. They tried to poach Keelan Does back but then the Jags offered him 490k like he was on the roster and he stayed.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:39 pm

So if you own Tyrell, are you trying to capitalize on hype and sell? Or hold thinking he produces and gains value?
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:39 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:39 pm So if you own Tyrell, are you trying to capitalize on hype and sell? Or hold thinking he produces and gains value?
If the offer is good right now I'm cutting bait, but if someone is offering a mid 2020 second or some garbage I'll just let Williams play on my bench
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:27 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:39 pm So if you own Tyrell, are you trying to capitalize on hype and sell? Or hold thinking he produces and gains value?
I'm holding. I said this in a different thread but the only time Tyrell got more than 100 targets was in 2016 after KA went down.
That was only Tyrell's 2nd season in the league as an UDFA, and he finished as WR 13 overall.
That's pretty darn good for a 2nd year UDFA WR thrust into going vs top corners.
He's got a pretty tough matchup vs Denver defense this week, so if you're looking for a buy window it could be after week 1. If you're looking for the sell window it's gonna be either today or after a few weeks/months.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:23 pm

notweswelker wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:27 pm
I'm holding. I said this in a different thread but the only time Tyrell got more than 100 targets was in 2016 after KA went down.
That was only Tyrell's 2nd season in the league as an UDFA, and he finished as WR 13 overall.
That's pretty darn good for a 2nd year UDFA WR thrust into going vs top corners.
He's got a pretty tough matchup vs Denver defense this week, so if you're looking for a buy window it could be after week 1. If you're looking for the sell window it's gonna be either today or after a few weeks/months.
I’ve had him since then and only benched him twice that year after Allen’s injury, both against the broncos. Worked out great.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:43 pm

If you could get a 1st I would sell in a heartbeat. Would consider early to mid 2nd as well.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:49 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:43 pm
If you could get a 1st I would sell in a heartbeat. Would consider early to mid 2nd as well.
I love him and I agree. He is talented, but unless he takes the real next step to alpha this year they will try and bump him down. Which is too bad because he is versatile. He can effectively work every level. He is good.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:56 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:43 pm
Working for an early/mid 2020 first from a guy that wants to be a contender but isn't... :D

As you can see, I don't need him in the slightest
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06