2018 and 2019 D-Linemen

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

2018 and 2019 D-Linemen

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:23 am

I wasn't quite sure how to structure this post - I hope it makes sense.

So there was a helluva d-line class in the 2019 draft... a bunch of first round pick / big-time prospect types. I'm kind of wondering where the 2018 class would have ranked with this group, and how many of these first and second year players make big impacts on the field and also on our rosters for fantasy.

Small example from me: Marcus Davenport was dropped in my league at roster cut time, so I dropped Quinnen Williams to claim him. We just increased tackle points for all DL, and added a small TFL scoring category too, but it's definitely still a tackle heavy scoring system moreso than a big-play scoring system. Was that a smart move on my part?

I know a lot of these answers may be league and scoring system dependent, but I'm wondering what the thoughts on these two classes are going into the 2019 season.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: 2018 and 2019 D-Linemen

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:58 am

You're right I don't follow your post but I know this much - getting Davenport and dropping Quinnen was a good move although with the DL bump maybe you could have dropped someone else.

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:51 am

Thanks for the response.

I think the meat of my post is what I've quoted below.
BigJoeWall72 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:23 am I'm kind of wondering where the 2018 class would have ranked with this group, and how many of these first and second year players make big impacts on the field and also on our rosters for fantasy.

I know a lot of these answers may be league and scoring system dependent, but I'm wondering what the thoughts on these two classes are going into the 2019 season.
I was hoping to generate a little discussion about which first and second year defensive lineman will develop into starting players in fantasy leagues... and maybe how the d-lineman from the 2018 class compare to the 2019 class if you lumped them all together.

Would players like Vita Vea, Daron Payne, Marcus Davenport and Bradley Chubb still be near the top of that group, or is the group of incoming rookies that much better of players?

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:12 pm

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:51 am Would players like Vita Vea, Daron Payne, Marcus Davenport and Bradley Chubb still be near the top of that group, or is the group of incoming rookies that much better of players?
I definitely prefer this year's crop of DL players to last year's. Davenport is the only one I'd want out of the group you mention, but not sure I'd want him more than Bosa, Allen, Ferrell, or Burns. I may want him more than Williams, Oliver, Tillery, Simmons, or Wilkins, but I'm not sure.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:45 am

Team Tacos wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:12 pm
BigJoeWall72 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:51 am Would players like Vita Vea, Daron Payne, Marcus Davenport and Bradley Chubb still be near the top of that group, or is the group of incoming rookies that much better of players?
I definitely prefer this year's crop of DL players to last year's. Davenport is the only one I'd want out of the group you mention, but not sure I'd want him more than Bosa, Allen, Ferrell, or Burns. I may want him more than Williams, Oliver, Tillery, Simmons, or Wilkins, but I'm not sure.
I agree with this assessment
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)