RBBC in Kansas City

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: RBBC in Kansas City

Postby Jfever » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:00 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:10 pm I can't believe people are worried about McCoy. He has old man legs. Williams will still get his once they find out McCoy is going on turtle speed.
If your not worried about McCoy, your ignoring the elephant in the room. Look what they signed him for. They arent paying him to stand there and be a consultant. Fair to say that DW has an injury history as well and his body of work is minuscule compared to McCoy's. 31 and once elite vs 27 and for the most part average.... Give me a break. Reid brought McCoy in for a reason. Lets not pretend otherwise.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:59 am

JFever wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:00 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:10 pm I can't believe people are worried about McCoy. He has old man legs. Williams will still get his once they find out McCoy is going on turtle speed.
If your not worried about McCoy, your ignoring the elephant in the room. Look what they signed him for. They arent paying him to stand there and be a consultant. Fair to say that DW has an injury history as well and his body of work is minuscule compared to McCoy's. 31 and once elite vs 27 and for the most part average.... Give me a break. Reid brought McCoy in for a reason. Lets not pretend otherwise.
Not to mention he looked “spry” in preseason. Can’t recall which site/app used that word but I agree, he looked solid. I wouldn’t bet on him being a true bell cow anywhere, but I absolutely think he can be a significant part of the committee this year.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:21 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:27 pm
notweswelker wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:18 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:07 am Glad I moved all my D. Williiams shares this off season.
That move looks absolutely genius right now. He will most likely never hold close the value he had this off-season ever again.
Was it really that hard to see? He's a career journeyman who had 4/5 big games at years end on an unbelievable passing attack.
I didn't have any shares, but objectively I would have thought holding was safe through this season, or at the very least the beginning of the season. I thought he was going to have a great year, he may still, but his value has completely eroded.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:53 am

Well, looks like McCoy will get a healthy number of snaps this week. Something like 15-20 or so. Last year, KC was 23rd in offensive snaps at 62.3, and 59.7 over the last three games. That snap projection would put him about 30% or so, more than I'd expect a from a guy who joined the team a week ago.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:48 am

JFever wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:00 am
The price tag has nothing to do with anything. There was a market for mccoy when he was released which dictated the amount to spend. If they offered three million he would be on one of the other teams. If Damien had not signed the extension last year it would have been interesting to see what he got on the open market.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:01 pm

McCoy certainly looks better but Damien is getting the receiving looks.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:07 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:01 pm McCoy certainly looks better but Damien is getting the receiving looks.
Agree, McCoy looks superior up the middle for sure and is getting even usage.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:41 am

The box score suggests that if McCoy remains healthy he’ll likely take over more and more of the backfield. Williams owners missed their sell high opportunity, but maybe you can still flip him to someone who thinks he’s a buy low.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:50 am

Or I’ll just ride the recieving/goal line role until mccoy inevitably gets dinged. Spent a lot of time dinged last year. Probably played into his absolutely terrible year last year. If the chiefs were smart they would 50/50 it so everybody stays fresh.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:12 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:41 am The box score suggests that if McCoy remains healthy he’ll likely take over more and more of the backfield. Williams owners missed their sell high opportunity, but maybe you can still flip him to someone who thinks he’s a buy low.
FWIW, the first half snaps were:

Williams: 20
McCoy: 5
Thompson: 2

The final % was

McCoy - 29%
Thompson - 3%

Can't find Williams, but the above numbers suggest he was used significantly more than anyone in the backfield.

I think once Shady gets up to speed it's going to be around a 55/45 split in Williams favor. Still plenty of volume to put up good production in a great offense. McCoy will be the in between the tackles runner they wanted Hyde to be, but Williams will remain involved because of his receiving ability and instincts. Can't see anyone in this backfield being a bellcow. They're either too old or missing an element that another RB would add.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:11 am

The profit sell window for Williams is closed.

He is and always has been JAG.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:52 am

Ice wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:11 am The profit sell window for Williams is closed.

Eh. If you got him for free and can get a 2nd, still can profit.

Whether a 2nd is a fair price is the question.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:34 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:52 am
Ice wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:11 am The profit sell window for Williams is closed.

Eh. If you got him for free and can get a 2nd, still can profit.

Whether a 2nd is a fair price is the question.
There is always one Mr. Haney in the group although most around here have zero idea who I am referencing! :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:41 pm

People who picked up off waivers and sold win big. People who picked up off waivers and sold after his peak value window closed, still win, just likely not as much. People who picked him up off waivers and are still holding should probably continue to do so. People who bough him as a starter in KC likely overpaid. And who the Hell is Mr. Haney lol.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:47 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:12 am
thebeast wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:41 am The box score suggests that if McCoy remains healthy he’ll likely take over more and more of the backfield. Williams owners missed their sell high opportunity, but maybe you can still flip him to someone who thinks he’s a buy low.
FWIW, the first half snaps were:

Williams: 20
McCoy: 5
Thompson: 2

The final % was

McCoy - 29%
Thompson - 3%

Can't find Williams, but the above numbers suggest he was used significantly more than anyone in the backfield.

I think once Shady gets up to speed it's going to be around a 55/45 split in Williams favor. Still plenty of volume to put up good production in a great offense. McCoy will be the in between the tackles runner they wanted Hyde to be, but Williams will remain involved because of his receiving ability and instincts. Can't see anyone in this backfield being a bellcow. They're either too old or missing an element that another RB would add.
I’m not sure how relevant snap count is, I think it’s touches that matter