RBBC in Kansas City

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: RBBC in Kansas City

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:07 am

Glad I moved all my D. Williiams shares this off season.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:18 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:07 am Glad I moved all my D. Williiams shares this off season.
That move looks absolutely genius right now. He will most likely never hold close the value he had this off-season ever again.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:27 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:18 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:07 am Glad I moved all my D. Williiams shares this off season.
That move looks absolutely genius right now. He will most likely never hold close the value he had this off-season ever again.
Was it really that hard to see? He's a career journeyman who had 4/5 big games at years end on an unbelievable passing attack.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:48 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:27 pm
Was it really that hard to see? He's a career journeyman who had 4/5 big games at years end on an unbelievable passing attack.
Accolades? Hold on. What was the compensation? If it was a first yahooo! If it was a second meh. I’ll keep riding this wild off the rails train to its bitter end and then say “oh well he was my rb 4 or 5 everywhere so whatever over a second. On to the next gamble!”.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:53 pm

Huh wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:48 pm

Accolades? Hold on. What was the compensation? If it was a first yahooo! If it was a second meh. I’ll keep riding this wild off the rails train to its bitter end and then say “oh well he was my rb 4 or 5 everywhere so whatever over a second. On to the next gamble!”.
I moved on from 4 shares. I didn't do straight up draft pick trades, but rather swapped for other player upgrades, devy rights etc, and One was Williams for Guice. I was happy with all my trades and netted close to a 1st in value in each one. Did the same with my Phillip Lindsay shares. Have yet to see how that pans out lol. :wtf:
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:26 pm

On the flipside, he's an injury or continued decline from a 31-year-old RB away to having league winning upside.

There are a few examples in these threads of people making excellent sell high moves. But, for the most part it seems most leagues are not offering the same opportunities. Which made keeping Williams logical (assuming you want to win).

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:47 pm

Can't argue there. Just more of a believer in Space Cowboy's sentiment above. I'm always trying to win now, but as a believer that Williams is 27 and pedestrian, it seemed like the right move to make. There are certainly scenarios where he could propel a team to the ship, I just didn't want to bank on them.

-Booger McFarlland

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:58 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:53 pm

I moved on from 4 shares. I didn't do straight up draft pick trades, but rather swapped for other player upgrades, devy rights etc, and One was Williams for Guice. I was happy with all my trades and netted close to a 1st in value in each one. Did the same with my Phillip Lindsay shares. Have yet to see how that pans out lol. :wtf:
I love Williams for guice. That’s a steal. I’m not a Lyndsey guy but i still would have pulled the trigger on that just because he is more universally valued. I approve. Kudos

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:16 pm

Huh wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:58 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:53 pm

I love Williams for guice. That’s a steal. I’m not a Lyndsey guy but i still would have pulled the trigger on that just because he is more universally valued. I approve. Kudos
I meant I moved on from all my Linsday shares like I did my Williams shares. Hoping that was the right move! Thank you, sir.

-Booger McFarlland

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:55 am

So glad I traded away Williams for Godwin + 2nd early in the off-season!

But as a D. Thompson owner, this Shady signing was a punch to the gut...
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:47 am

Eventually I'm expecting something in the ballpark of a 60-40 split between Damien and Shady, and a 50-50 split wouldn't shock me. However, I'm guessing that share won't manifest Week 1, because McCoy still needs to learn playbook terminology and the new wrinkles with Reid's offense that are sure to have developed since his Eagles days.

We all lose here in fantasy, except maybe McCoy owners, because he was probably gonna be even worse off in Buffalo. Darwin Thompson owners have lost the hardest -- barring an injury or two granting him an opportunity, I doubt he'll matter at all this year.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:48 am

Darrell Williams got more touches in week 3 tune up than Thompson did. Williams is basically free right now, he's the one to target.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:02 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:47 am Eventually I'm expecting something in the ballpark of a 60-40 split between Damien and Shady, and a 50-50 split wouldn't shock me. However, I'm guessing that share won't manifest Week 1, because McCoy still needs to learn playbook terminology and the new wrinkles with Reid's offense that are sure to have developed since his Eagles days.

We all lose here in fantasy, except maybe McCoy owners, because he was probably gonna be even worse off in Buffalo. Darwin Thompson owners have lost the hardest -- barring an injury or two granting him an opportunity, I doubt he'll matter at all this year.
Let's say it ends at 60-40 at the end of the season but Williams dominates at the beginning, say 90-5-5 (scraps for Thompson). That would mean McCoy would have to dominate the backfield in the back half of the season to get it to that 60-40 split.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:27 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:02 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:47 am Eventually I'm expecting something in the ballpark of a 60-40 split between Damien and Shady, and a 50-50 split wouldn't shock me. However, I'm guessing that share won't manifest Week 1, because McCoy still needs to learn playbook terminology and the new wrinkles with Reid's offense that are sure to have developed since his Eagles days.

Let's say it ends at 60-40 at the end of the season but Williams dominates at the beginning, say 90-5-5 (scraps for Thompson). That would mean McCoy would have to dominate the backfield in the back half of the season to get it to that 60-40 split.
I think 90-5-5 is generous. I'd reckon something closer to 75-20-5. McCoy has played with Reid before, the learning curve shouldn't be too steep
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:10 pm

I can't believe people are worried about McCoy. He has old man legs. Williams will still get his once they find out McCoy is going on turtle speed.