Melvin Gordon value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Melvin Gordon to hold out/demand trade without new contract

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:26 pm

Melvin Gordon holdout to continue into the season, multiple sources saying

We having any clarity of which Chargers rb to own and what they may produce as? Or is it just gonna be an rb3 committee?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:38 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:26 pm Melvin Gordon holdout to continue into the season, multiple sources saying

We having any clarity of which Chargers rb to own and what they may produce as? Or is it just gonna be an rb3 committee?
I think it’ll be a committee with Ekeler leading at least initially. He has gone before Jackson in their pregame action thus far. Jackson is theoretically the better early down grinder
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:16 pm

Not surprised at all by today's news - like I said earlier, the Chargers are the stingiest club in the league. Holdouts are their specialty.

Even a lost season wouldn't surprise me now - and that's saying a lot since I never thought we'd see a Leveon Bell-level cluster again.

I expect Jones to come to his senses on Zeke for their situation, but definitely a lot less confidence here.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:20 pm

Gordon won't miss the entire season, otherwise he's in exactly the same position next year but a year older.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:08 pm

All depends on whether the Emmitt Smith script can work for them. IE if the Chargers start off 0-2 or 0-3 there could be a lot more pressure on the Chargers to work out a deal. Obviously if they go 2-0 or 2-1 then the pressure is on Gordon & his agent instead.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:16 pm

On that front- w1 vInd, w2@ Det, w3 vHou, w4 @Mia

Chargers will roll w/o Gordon- https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/21/los-a ... -joey-bosa
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Snake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Snake » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:20 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:20 pm Gordon won't miss the entire season, otherwise he's in exactly the same position next year but a year older.
I think I read that his agent stated this. He will return at the point he needs to to accrue a season.

So, hypothetically, if your team is loaded, you’ll have him back and hopefully fresh for the fantasy playoffs.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:24 pm

Snake wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:20 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:20 pm Gordon won't miss the entire season, otherwise he's in exactly the same position next year but a year older.
I think I read that his agent stated this. He will return at the point he needs to to accrue a season.

So, hypothetically, if your team is loaded, you’ll have him back and hopefully fresh for the fantasy playoffs.
Except the Chargers may not use him in the same role. If Ekleler and Jackson are playing well, they may not give Gordon bell cow work. There is that chance. He may come up with lingering hamstring issues mid week and not play much. It's not in Gordon's interest to be on the field without a contract. I think it's a bad situation for FF this season.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:34 pm

Chargers’ GM Tom Telesco said on a conference call today that any contact extension talks with holdout RB Melvin Gordon will be postponed until after the season.

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:45 pm

Frustrating. I don't really understand why most of the RB's think that they have so much leverage. Gordon is good, not great and I think his 'goodness' is greatly improved by the chargers offense. I could easily see him going somewhere else and being a shadow of himself if the scheme isn't a fit. He really can't win this fight because the chargers hold most of the leverage in this situation. I understand wanting to get paid what one's worth, but 10 mill/year is about as good as he's ever gonna get.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:51 pm

wingnutty wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:45 pm Frustrating. I don't really understand why most of the RB's think that they have so much leverage. Gordon is good, not great and I think his 'goodness' is greatly improved by the chargers offense. I could easily see him going somewhere else and being a shadow of himself if the scheme isn't a fit. He really can't win this fight because the chargers hold most of the leverage in this situation. I understand wanting to get paid what one's worth, but 10 mill/year is about as good as he's ever gonna get.
RBs are starting to understand that they have a limited time to make money and they have a high likelihood of brain (and other) injury relative to other positions. Whether they are as important to winning or not is secondary to a guy that has a high probability of ending up with brain trauma before 30. Eventually the NFL is going to have to take that into account.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:58 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:51 pm
wingnutty wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:45 pm Frustrating. I don't really understand why most of the RB's think that they have so much leverage. Gordon is good, not great and I think his 'goodness' is greatly improved by the chargers offense. I could easily see him going somewhere else and being a shadow of himself if the scheme isn't a fit. He really can't win this fight because the chargers hold most of the leverage in this situation. I understand wanting to get paid what one's worth, but 10 mill/year is about as good as he's ever gonna get.
RBs are starting to understand that they have a limited time to make money and they have a high likelihood of brain (and other) injury relative to other positions. Whether they are as important to winning or not is secondary to a guy that has a high probability of ending up with brain trauma before 30. Eventually the NFL is going to have to take that into account.
Don't disagree, but I'm also not sure that RB is at a far greater risk than many other positions. Ultimately this is a supply and demand issue and RB's just are not as limited as other positions. Gordon isn't wrong in seeking max payment but he simply doesn't have the bargaining power to get it. No different than me going to my boss and saying "pay me more" when I have no other options than to take the offer on the table or walk out unemployed.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:50 pm

wingnutty wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:58 pm
ericanadian wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:51 pm
Don't disagree, but I'm also not sure that RB is at a far greater risk than many other positions. Ultimately this is a supply and demand issue and RB's just are not as limited as other positions. Gordon isn't wrong in seeking max payment but he simply doesn't have the bargaining power to get it. No different than me going to my boss and saying "pay me more" when I have no other options than to take the offer on the table or walk out unemployed.
You're right, Gordon has no leverage. It's not a Bell situation, where him refusing to sign the tag allowed him to maximize health and money.

The NFL is basically designed to maximize RB production and screw them over financially. The first 3-4 years of an RBs career are usually peak production, so getting a new deal during that time is ideal, otherwise they risk losing value because of wear and tear.

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:20 pm

I think your last point about longevity is a key point that rbs need to focus on in future bargaining. Really, by 30 most rbs are washed out and the way contracts are scheduled isn’t fair. I’m not saying Gordon is wrong for seeking a new high dollar contract but he simply doesn’t have the leverage to get it.

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:26 pm

Welp, was really hoping he'd be back for week 1... I understand these guys don't want to take the punishment, but no idea how you pass up $330,000/gm. By week 10, that'll be $3.3m thrown away.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis