Sleeper - Albert Wilson?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Albert Wilson

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:52 pm

Wilson's worth a 3rd at the very most. I'd be a lot more comfortable buying for a 4th. He's 27, has never actually broken out to date, he was sidelined for nearly all of the offseason's prep for this season, and Miami is a candidate to have one of the worst offenses in the league in '19. Keep expectations in check, guys.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:13 am

hes great until his labrum tear flares up again

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:31 am

He couldn’t break into fantasy relevance on the Chiefs, but he’s going to do it in Miami this year? Blah. Can’t believe anyone would even entertain the idea of a 2nd, I’ve seen him on waivers and never bothered. Not my kind of stash. Wasting a a roster spot on him may have made someone miss out on picking up P. Williams, who I’d rather burn a spot on easily.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:31 am

sugbear65 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:31 am He couldn’t break into fantasy relevance on the Chiefs, but he’s going to do it in Miami this year? Blah. Can’t believe anyone would even entertain the idea of a 2nd, I’ve seen him on waivers and never bothered. Not my kind of stash. Wasting a a roster spot on him may have made someone miss out on picking up P. Williams, who I’d rather burn a spot on easily.
The guy was breaking out last year in Miami before he was injured. He looked like he was playing a video game, kind of like a WR version of Kamari. He’s def worth a stash and I would pay a 3rd for him.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:58 am

sugbear65 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:31 am He couldn’t break into fantasy relevance on the Chiefs, but he’s going to do it in Miami this year? Blah. Can’t believe anyone would even entertain the idea of a 2nd, I’ve seen him on waivers and never bothered. Not my kind of stash. Wasting a a roster spot on him may have made someone miss out on picking up P. Williams, who I’d rather burn a spot on easily.
Food for thought:

- Dolphins QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick led the league in yards per attempt at 9.6. There will probably be some regression, but Fitzpatrick will likely try to push the ball downfield and take chances, as he always does.
- Albert Wilson led the Dolphins last year with 11.2 yards per target.
- With Kenny Stills and Danny Amendola gone, there are 143 open targets in the Dolphins offense.
- The Dolphins project to be playing from behind...a lot.

He's more than worth a roster spot at this point. I wouldn't bank on Preston Williams being fantasy relevant right away. The best bet is either Wilson or Parker, but given Wilson's ability in the slot and as a route runner...he's easily the best receiver they have and should rack up targets.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:03 am

Wilson could be en route to 100 catches if he stays healthy.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:01 pm

I guess I’ll be the outlier on this one then. But I’d much rather take shots at guys like Preston, J. Meyers or KeeSean Johnson over guys like Wilson, P. Richardson, or C. Beasley. Middling flex plays are a dime a dozen in season, that’s the easiest thing in dynasty to find. And that’s how I would view Wilson and those type of WR. Much rather take the longer shot gamble on unknown potential when filling out those last spots.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Blueboy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:03 am Wilson could be en route to 100 catches if he stays healthy.
Meant targets.
sugbear65 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:01 pm I guess I’ll be the outlier on this one then. But I’d much rather take shots at guys like Preston, J. Meyers or KeeSean Johnson over guys like Wilson, P. Richardson, or C. Beasley. Middling flex plays are a dime a dozen in season, that’s the easiest thing in dynasty to find. And that’s how I would view Wilson and those type of WR. Much rather take the longer shot gamble on unknown potential when filling out those last spots.
I guess I don't see what's so middling about him. Through seven games last season he had 15.0 YPC, 11.2 YPT, three receptions of 40-plus yards, four touchdowns. Projects to be the full-time starter in the slot this year. There's interesting upside despite an unsexy name.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:14 pm

Blueboy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:10 pm
Blueboy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:03 am Wilson could be en route to 100 catches if he stays healthy.
Meant targets.
sugbear65 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:01 pm I guess I’ll be the outlier on this one then. But I’d much rather take shots at guys like Preston, J. Meyers or KeeSean Johnson over guys like Wilson, P. Richardson, or C. Beasley. Middling flex plays are a dime a dozen in season, that’s the easiest thing in dynasty to find. And that’s how I would view Wilson and those type of WR. Much rather take the longer shot gamble on unknown potential when filling out those last spots.
I guess I don't see what's so middling about him. Through seven games last season he had 15.0 YPC, 11.2 YPT, three receptions of 40-plus yards, four touchdowns. Projects to be the full-time starter in the slot this year. There's interesting upside despite an unsexy name.
x2. Wilsons an explosive YAC guy who flashed last season. His upside is more WR 2 ala Golden Tate than middling flex play

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:35 pm

I can get behind this line of thinking. In one league dropped Trey Quinn for Preston. Somebody picks Trey up instantly. Two weeks later Rodney goes down so I quick pick up Albert. Don’t feel any different than I did before with Trey. Probably feel better actually

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:14 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:31 am The guy was breaking out last year in Miami before he was injured. He looked like he was playing a video game, kind of like a WR version of Kamari. He’s def worth a stash and I would pay a 3rd for him.
That's kind of misleading, his stats were ampllified by a ONE monster game against the Bears.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:06 am

Slevin Kelevra wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:14 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:31 am The guy was breaking out last year in Miami before he was injured. He looked like he was playing a video game, kind of like a WR version of Kamari. He’s def worth a stash and I would pay a 3rd for him.
That's kind of misleading, his stats were ampllified by a ONE monster game against the Bears.

His snap count % jumped to 73% in week 3. From week 3 till week 7 (when he got injured for the year) he had 21.48, 6.1, 9.3, 33 and 6.6 (in the game he missed most of due to injury) in ppr; while maintaining elite efficiency.

YAC guys like Golden Tate have similar scoring patterns -- since YAC is not a very predictable stat.

While he has shown similarly efficient stats throughout his career; his "breakout" last season was definitely a small sample size, but he's a better flier than most at his current ADP

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:32 am

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:14 pm
Meant targets.
x2. Wilsons an explosive YAC guy who flashed last season. His upside is more WR 2 ala Golden Tate than middling flex play
In that offense with those QB's? Doubt it. Golden Tate was also a much better player through the prime years of his career than Wilson is, and in a much better situation.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:11 am

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:06 am
Slevin Kelevra wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:14 pm

His snap count % jumped to 73% in week 3. From week 3 till week 7 (when he got injured for the year) he had 21.48, 6.1, 9.3, 33 and 6.6 (in the game he missed most of due to injury) in ppr; while maintaining elite efficiency.

YAC guys like Golden Tate have similar scoring patterns -- since YAC is not a very predictable stat.

While he has shown similarly efficient stats throughout his career; his "breakout" last season was definitely a small sample size, but he's a better flier than most at his current ADP
You are correct that yac is not a sticky stat. Until it is. Occasionally a wr that plays like an rb that’s good in space appears and the yac is sticky. Golden Tate is a rb. So is Albert. Every time they touch the ball something happens. If I remember correctly the chiefs really wanted to bring him back but there cap situation couldn’t allow them to offer any sort of competitive offer. Off to Miami. Blah with the location, but right off the bat he is yacing it up. He’s not as talented as Tate and is not as well built but he is talented and should push into the relevancy department if health allows. Damn health.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:49 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:32 am
IZigUZag wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:14 pm

Meant targets.

In that offense with those QB's? Doubt it. Golden Tate was also a much better player through the prime years of his career than Wilson is, and in a much better situation.
Is Ryan Fitzpatrick good? No. Is he good for fantasy? Yes, and he has been his entire career.