Release the Guice! - The Derrius Guice Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Release the guice

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:24 pm

What might easily end up being the best, most obvious buy-low window of Guice's career is closing, folks.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:26 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:24 pm What might easily end up being the best, most obvious buy-low window of Guice's career is closing, folks.
Maybe. If you were a believer that may have been months ago with the knee and hammy stuff. I still think Guice is good, but nothing special, and I really have serious doubts he can stay healthy.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:23 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:04 pm Overall it seems pretty reasonable to be excited by a guy who was a very good looking prospect (devy darling) coming out and has only looked good in his 2 times on an NFL field. Doesn’t seem like anyone is crowning him the next Saquon, just people are excited that the guy they loved coming out is now on the field and doesn’t look like Ronald Jones.
I will say it. I expect him to be a top 5 ( or higher ) RB next year at this time. And I agree, the window to get him is quickly closing.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:31 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:23 pm
Nanananananana wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:04 pm Overall it seems pretty reasonable to be excited by a guy who was a very good looking prospect (devy darling) coming out and has only looked good in his 2 times on an NFL field. Doesn’t seem like anyone is crowning him the next Saquon, just people are excited that the guy they loved coming out is now on the field and doesn’t look like Ronald Jones.
I will say it. I expect him to be a top 5 ( or higher ) RB next year at this time. And I agree, the window to get him is quickly closing.
I think the window has closed. I own him everywhere and I’m not expecting top five production but I want a lot in return if I’m trading him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:31 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:23 pm
I think that's too lofty. That offense outright sucks, and he's not going to be used in a 3 down role much. They will be trailing in a lot of games, and nobody is scared of Keenum or their WR's. He's a talented back, but he isn't going to see a whole lot of running room with the Defense most likely focusing on making Keenum beat them. He's most likely a RB 2 and that's not going to put him in the top 5 of Dynasty rankings. I expect at least 1 college RB to be ranked ahead of him this time next year.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:38 pm

I have Guice and think he'd be fortunate to crack top 10 next year. Reason isn't his talent though, it's the dumpster fire team and presence of AP this year. I think Guice can lead backfield but he won't get all the touches.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:26 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:24 pm What might easily end up being the best, most obvious buy-low window of Guice's career is closing, folks.
Maybe. If you were a believer that may have been months ago with the knee and hammy stuff. I still think Guice is good, but nothing special, and I really have serious doubts he can stay healthy.
I was thinking... Last chance to sell for a solid return.

Its not that i dont like him, but the rb lanscape is getting pretty cluttered imo and i think next yrs rookies only add to that.

Maybe some feel guice is up there with barkley, cmc, kamara, ee...but if he isnt, is he really worth more than rb 35-40? Serious question there....he may not produce more than guys ranked lower, he may get injured (appear to be legitimate concerns comming out).... Whats a "buy low" on a rb2 who sat yr 1 with an acl? Doubtful owners are or were giving him away. They weren't in my leagues atleast.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:31 am

sloth8u wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:54 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:26 pm
I was thinking... Last chance to sell for a solid return.

Its not that i dont like him, but the rb lanscape is getting pretty cluttered imo and i think next yrs rookies only add to that.

Maybe some feel guice is up there with barkley, cmc, kamara, ee...but if he isnt, is he really worth more than rb 35-40? Serious question there....he may not produce more than guys ranked lower, he may get injured (appear to be legitimate concerns comming out).... Whats a "buy low" on a rb2 who sat yr 1 with an acl? Doubtful owners are or were giving him away. They weren't in my leagues atleast.
What injury concerns are you hearing? All I've heard is that he will be the lead back and is healthy. Agree with you that this will be a tough year for him due to situation (Washington sucking not internal competition).
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:28 am

Havent heard anything new on the injury front. He dealt with an issue his last yr in college, the acl last yr, going back in a couple times for infection, then whatever the issue was a month or so ago.. Im not ready to call him injury prone, but cant help but think that there is the possibility he is rushing back right now.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:15 pm

Jay Gruden confirmed Guice is the starter and primary ball carrier for week 1, and Peterson could be a healthy scratch from the game day roster.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:31 pm

GUICCCCCCCE!
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:36 pm

It’s happening! Top twenty here we come!

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:44 pm

We should slow it down... The Expectation Tempering Patrol might pull us over.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:50 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:44 pm We should slow it down... The Expectation Tempering Patrol might pull us over.
Also known as "The people who reached for Penny/Rojo/Freeman due to Guice's injury patrol."
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:51 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:15 pm Jay Gruden confirmed Guice is the starter and primary ball carrier for week 1, and Peterson could be a healthy scratch from the game day roster.
I'll believe when I actually see Peterson inactive. Until then, I'd still work under the assumption that it's going to be a RBBC in WAS.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd