RBBC in Kansas City

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Huh
Starter
Starter

Re: RBBC in Kansas City

Postby Huh » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:33 am

He’s about to beat out the field this year.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:59 am

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:47 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:22 am he's never beat anybody for the starting job before (still hasn't)
Bizarre statement.

Last year, Spencer Ware, Darrel Williams, Charcandrick West. This year, Carlos Hyde, Darrel Williams, Darwin Thompson. How in your mind have you contorted reality to argue that Damien Williams rose up to KC's first-string (post-Hunt) in a vacuum? Because, you know, it wasn't a vacuum then, nor is it now. There were and are other players on the chart.
Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:06 pm I agree with your sentiment...but what matters is did that one catch convince the minds of the KC coaches that Damien has something special...and I’d speculate it did, as somewhat absurd as you may think that is.
So many Damien takes here are so strange.

Folks, we've had the coaches and GM tell us like a dozen times this offseason and end of last season that they think highly of Damien. That one catch in an exhibition game probably did NOT change anything, in fact. Veach and Bieniemy have been in Damien's corner for months and months now.

Damien Williams is KC's starting running-back, and after one big play in in an exhibition game he was rested, because that's how starters are treated in those games.
You dont know what you're talking about. Last season when Hunt was cut, the job was Ware's. When he got hurt the next guy up was Darrell Williams. Damien Williams was playing special teams to keep his roster spot till Ware got hurt and Darrell Williams plodded his way out of the job. Damien was literally the 4th string back till the sea parted for him. This season he didnt have to compete for the job because KC said from the get go that he was the starter. His primary competition was Hyde whos.... yeah he is not good, and Darrell who is also not good. Darwin is the one that shot up from 4th to 2nd on the depth chart and have the Chiefs thinking of a shared workload.

So yeah, Damien has never beaten anyone for the job since hes been in the NFL. And outside of Hunt, hes never had a very good player that hes had to beat out.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:13 am

I guess in the end this conversation doesn’t matter. He’s going to have a prominent role in this offense. Darwin will also play. Damien rb 2 with huge upside and Darwin will be a flex option during the bye weeks with nice upside if Damien gets injured. This is mixon/Gio last year minus the talent but better situation. If Damien gets hurt start Darwin. If Damien is active don’t touch Darwin.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:14 am

Bot101 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:59 am You dont know what you're talking about. Last season when Hunt was cut, the job was Ware's. When he got hurt the next guy up was Darrell Williams. Damien Williams was playing special teams to keep his roster spot till Ware got hurt and Darrell Williams plodded his way out of the job.
Damien Williams was after Ware, not Darrell.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:23 am

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:47 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:22 am he's never beat anybody for the starting job before (still hasn't)
Last year, Spencer Ware, Darrel Williams, Charcandrick West. This year, Carlos Hyde, Darrel Williams, Darwin Thompson. How in your mind have you contorted reality to argue that Damien Williams rose up to KC's first-string (post-Hunt) in a vacuum? Because, you know, it wasn't a vacuum then, nor is it now. There were and are other players on the chart.
Williams is entering his 6th year in the league. He's never won the starting job before this season. Even if he wins the job this year, who did he beat out? Run down Hyde and rookies?

I'm only mentioning things that give me concern, not listing examples of why he'll fail. He has a chance to be amazing this year. I just don't feel safe buying in.

EDIT: I should have just let Bot101 handle it. Nicely done.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:45 pm

I think he was actually declared the starter for a bit after the Ajayi trade which equated to him being the third down back.

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:25 pm

Williams is entering his 6th year in the league. He's never won the starting job before this season. Even if he wins the job this year, who did he beat out? Run down Hyde and rookies?

I'm only mentioning things that give me concern, not listing examples of why he'll fail. He has a chance to be amazing this year. I just don't feel safe buying in.

The flip side of this is the guy has already outlasted the average NFL career. There must be something coaches like about him even if it's not that he is a pro bowl RB. That tells me he knows how to work, which is sometimes more important than anything else. That said I won't be shocked if he is passed up at some point by Darwin. Also won't be shocked if Darwin fizzles out and Williams puts up RB1 numbers all season. I'm not sure why this is still so polarizing.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:44 pm

Csl312 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:25 pm

The flip side of this is the guy has already outlasted the average NFL career. There must be something coaches like about him even if it's not that he is a pro bowl RB. That tells me he knows how to work, which is sometimes more important than anything else. That said I won't be shocked if he is passed up at some point by Darwin. Also won't be shocked if Darwin fizzles out and Williams puts up RB1 numbers all season. I'm not sure why this is still so polarizing.
That can happen for sure. Williams sticks everywhere because he is very good at special teams. Thats invaluable for deeper players to make any roster.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:44 pm

Chiefs GM said they will "take a peek" at McCoy.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:10 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:44 pm Chiefs GM said they will "take a peek" at McCoy.
Jesus, it sounds like a quarter of the teams are interested. I honestly hadn’t thought about McCoy for a year. Is he even good anymore?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:13 pm

It's easy to forget about players in Buffalo.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:15 pm

Well - add him to the mix now.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:21 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:15 pm Well - add him to the mix now.
:lol: Glad I cashed DW for top dollar.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:26 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:21 pm
mind saying what you got for him? im interested in what ppl considered "top dollar" for him
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:28 pm

knotts4372 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:26 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:21 pm
mind saying what you got for him? im interested in what ppl considered "top dollar" for him
1.3. There were ancillary pieces involved on both sides too, but that was the meat and potatoes of it. DW for 1.3
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2