Devine Ozigbo rumored to have made the Saints Roster

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
chubnubbin
Starter
Starter

Devine Ozigbo rumored to have made the Saints Roster

Postby chubnubbin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:01 pm

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/11 ... 09440?s=20

Thoughts on him being the Saints 3rd running back? He could have some short term value too if an injury pops up.

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Devine Ozigbo rumored to have made the Saints Roster

Postby dmac37 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:39 pm

Just made a quick waiver move to add him now before anything new happens. Just a hunch, but I think he may have some value sometime this year. I never like the idea of giving someone value because of the situation and I think that is where the FF community is with expecting Murray to have Ingram type value this year.

Also part of my logic, I'm sure is flawed and stubborn for not believing in him from the beginning, but I still don't think Kamara has long standing value where he is ranked now :crazy:
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:56 pm

Ozigbo was my favorite pre NFL draft sleeper RB from this class, although him going undrafted threw cold water on my optimism.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:41 pm

I like this kid. Wish I had a place to stash him.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:45 pm

Looking to get him to my watchlist but with his draft capital he is really gonna have to prove it with the little opportunity he will get to start before he can be fantasy relevant

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:52 am

I think Washington is the number 3. Washington has looked like a viable Kamara replacement. Still, ozigbo is definitely worth a stash considering Washington gets dinged and hasn't been able to stand out in the regular season
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:57 am

Washington didn't dress last night, so unless he's injured, yeah, he's currently the #3.

Edit: heard vaguely that Washington may be in the concussion protocol

I have Ozigbo rostered at the very end of my bench, but right now he probably only deserves to be watch-listed rather than rostered by us.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:38 am

I drafted him in the 4th this year. Saints fan called me and wanted him. So I got a 2020 3rd and 5th for him. Will I regret it? I was concerned that generally, UDFAs are longer shots.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Go Bucks » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:15 am

I liked him in college. Was shocked he went undrafted. Then had a very quiet training camp. Making the opening day roster means little, since Payton churns bottom of RB depth chart more than any other coach. Jonathan Williams got the dynasty world excited when he was signed by Saints. Been a few others who had brief cup of coffee with Payton, their names escape me. Since they didn't last long.

Maybe that is best case scenario, Ozigbo gets waived by Saints in a few weeks and lands with Houston or Miami ?

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:56 am

Ozigbo is a waste of a roster spot. He runs a 4.7 40 and has no lateral quickness.

I'm not shocked he made the team. He plays good special teams, gives depth at RB and can even play FB. Versatility is key in the NFL.

He won't be the lead back, he won't be a timeshare, and if Kamara ever goes down I wouldn't be shocked to see the Saints sign a FA rather than play Ozigbo. He doesn't have the intangibles needed (my opinion, based on film) to ever be "the guy" with any team.

He'll be a good player for the Saints (I hope). I don't think he'll be fantasy relevant.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:07 am

You haven't looked at the player at all if you think he actually runs a 4.7 -- he full field outsprinted pursuing Big 10 DBs several times last year... those runs are how he averaged 7 ypc. True 4.7 runners get caught from behind by Power 5 conference players. And surprising lateral quickness for his size is another commonly noted element on the tape.

It's weird that PP is reporting 4.7, btw: he ran 4.55 at his Pro Day, so PP should have him at 4.6.
dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:56 amHe doesn't have the intangibles needed (my opinion, based on film) to ever be "the guy" with any team.
You haven't studied any film. And people use the term 'intangibles' for athletes to refer to things like character and work ethic.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:46 am

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:07 am You haven't looked at the player at all if you think he actually runs a 4.7 -- he full field outsprinted pursuing Big 10 DBs several times last year... those runs are how he averaged 7 ypc. True 4.7 runners get caught from behind by Power 5 conference players. And surprising lateral quickness for his size is another commonly noted element on the tape.
What? Structured 40 yard dashes with electronic timing isn't good enough? I have to "guess" his speed by comparing it to other players during a game? I don't like that thought process at all.
ninotoreS wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:07 amYou haven't studied any film. And people use the term 'intangibles' for athletes to refer to things like character and work ethic.
Yes I did. Why would I lie about that? I referenced it in one of my articles, backing it up with examples of what I saw.

You're right that intangibles is the wrong word. Sub it with skill/talent.

You like him. I don't. Time will tell.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:57 pm

It can be a challenge to figure out when a player is going to be more NFL valuable than fantasy valuable. Guess we shall see how this works out in regards to Ozigbo.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:58 pm

Cut.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:16 pm

Saints fans seem to be convinced Ozigbo isn't stashable on the practice squad, but I dunno if Ozigbo did enough in preseason to make himself attractive enough to all the other teams that already passed on him in the draft. He had a few flashes in preseason, but I can count the plays on one hand. With digits to spare.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE